2016 Commit #14 Tyler Coyle - Windsor CT | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2016 Commit #14 Tyler Coyle - Windsor CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very impressive! If that is the case why wasn't he competing last year at the New England Track and Field Championships last spring? He was at the meet.

Not sure how high jumping translates to the football field.

Wow, what a high level of insight. You have no idea how explosion and athleticism translate on the football field. DUH.

Reaction Score
Here's a question. Given the absolute cluster duckk that is BC's offense, why would anyone in the world care about their assessment of talent? Has me scratching my head..........

Reaction Score
Same meet. Looks like Coyle ran on the wining team of the 4 X 200 race. They averaged 23 seconds per 200 meters. That's flying. How do you think that translates on the football field?

4x200 Relay - Varsity - Finals
1. 1:32.96 Windsor
Tim Epps
Kyshawn Bonner
Jakwan Simmons
Tyler Coyle

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
giv
Same meet. Looks like Coyle ran on the wining team of the 4 X 200 race. They averaged 23 seconds per 200 meters. That's flying. How do you think that translates on the football field?

Tim Epps
Kyshawn Bonner
Jakwan Simmons
Tyler Coyle

Given he ran the anchor leg his was likely even a little faster. But so what, he can run fast and jump high. Where would the relevance be to football...?

Reaction Score
Here's a question. Given the absolute cluster duckk that is BC's offense, why would anyone in the world care about their assessment of talent? Has me scratching my head.....

Just by coincidence it is also the assessment of every other P5 coach! I guess they can all be wrong!

Reaction Score
Wow, what a high level of insight. You have no idea how explosion and athleticism translate on the football field. DUH.

Please explain to us, in your infinite wisdom, how high jumping translates to playing football? How about a list of successful high jumpers who have gone on the the NFL. Maybe even those who were successful in college football.

Reaction Score

I do not deny that he has jumped 6' 10". Very impressive feat. I just pointed out that he also NH in a recent meet. Not very consistent. The winning jump in the meet I cited was 6' 2".

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Please explain to us, in your infinite wisdom, how high jumping translates to playing football? How about a list of successful high jumpers who have gone on the the NFL. Maybe even those who were successful in college football.

Gee...can't think of anyone in recent memory whose football abilities were assessed based on his ability to jump...
hc-byron-jones-nfl-combine-0224-20150223

Oh wait, Byron Jones :)

Reaction Score

Tim Epps
Kyshawn Bonner
Jakwan Simmons
Tyler Coyle

I stated in my post that he anchored the 4 by 200 relay team. If he is such am impressive sprinter why wasn't he running any of the other sprints? 23 seconds would have been good for 19th place at the New England's last year. Relay times are also a little faster because you get a running start. He might be fast but not dramatically fast.

Time will tell! We will see if every P5 football coach in America was wrong and HCBD was right.

Reaction Score
Gee...can't think of anyone in recent memory whose football abilities were assessed based on his ability to jump...
hc-byron-jones-nfl-combine-0224-20150223

Oh wait, Byron Jones :)

How did Byron Jones do in the High Jump at the NFL combine? Oh they don't measure that do they! Apples and oranges! Please feel free to explain how HIGH JUMPING translates to the football field? Nice try though!

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
How did Byron Jones do in the High Jump at the NFL combine? Oh they don't measure that do they! Apples and oranges! Please feel free to explain how HIGH JUMPING translates to the football field? Nice try though!

they do measure vertical leap at the combine, and Byron Jones also logged one of the highest vertical scores. You don't think it's an asset when a WR can jump up to catch a ball in the corner of the endzone? Or when a DB jumps up to deflect a pass over his head?

Reaction Score
they do measure vertical leap at the combine, and Byron Jones also logged one of the highest vertical scores. You don't think it's an asset when a WR can jump up to catch a ball in the corner of the endzone? Or when a DB jumps up to deflect a pass over his head?

Why do you have so much of a problem understanding the term HIGH JUMP. High Jump and vertical leap are two different things! I assume you know that!

I would also be interested to know how Byron Jones performance at the NFL combine will have any effect on how Tyler Coyle will play in college.

Reaction Score
You sir are the ultimate troll. Just give it up. You were obviously the ultimate white man that can't jump outside of your own shadow. Just give it up already. You're hating on the validity and ability of a 17-18 year old student athlete. What does that say about you? The kid hasn't even lifted a weight inside a college weight room. Nor has he spent more than a day or two meeting coach Balis. Let's let these kids get on campus redshirt a year a get some playing time under their belt before making any assanine assumptions he isn't a division 1 college football player. Shame on you.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You sir are the ultimate troll. Just give it up. You were obviously the ultimate white man that can't jump outside of your own shadow. Just give it up already. You're hating on the validity and ability of a 17-18 year old student athlete. What does that say about you? The kid hasn't even lifted a weight inside a college weight room. Nor has he spent more than a day or two meeting coach Balis. Let's let these kids get on campus redshirt a year a get some playing time under their belt before making any assanine assumptions he isn't a division 1 college football player. Shame on you.

Brain-dead BC trolls will be brain-dead BC trolls.

Reaction Score
Why do you have so much of a problem understanding the term HIGH JUMP. High Jump and vertical leap are two different things! I assume you know that!

I would also be interested to know how Byron Jones performance at the NFL combine will have any effect on how Tyler Coyle will play in college.
Hey how did Mike Mamula do in the NFL? Oh yeah that's right the pride of BC and the biggest first round draft bust in Eagles history...Mr Combine Workout Warrior himself. Go back to your BC boards with you bulls**t you a s s h a t!

Reaction Score
Hey how did Mike Mamula do in the NFL? Oh yeah that's right the pride of BC and the biggest first round draft bust in Eagles history...Mr Combine Workout Warrior himself. Go back to your BC boards with you bulls**t you a s s h a t!

I am not sure what Mike Mamula has to do with anything but whatever floats your boat. His career wasn't as bad as you infer. Maybe not as good as his draft position might predict but nothing to shake a stick at!

In 77 career games with the Eagles, Mamula had 209 total tackles and 31.5 sacks. His best seasons were 1996 and 1999. In 1996 he logged 8 sacks and in 1999 he had 8½, after recovering from missing the entire 1998 season. He also picked off a pass from Kurt Warner and returned it for a touchdown in the last game of the 1999 season. He was forced to retire after the 2000 season due to injuries. He has been inducted into Boston College's Sports Hall of Fame.

Reaction Score
I am not sure what Mike Mamula has to do with anything but whatever floats your boat. His career wasn't as bad as you infer. Maybe not as good as his draft position might predict but nothing to shake a stick at!

In 77 career games with the Eagles, Mamula had 209 total tackles and 31.5 sacks. His best seasons were 1996 and 1999. In 1996 he logged 8 sacks and in 1999 he had 8½, after recovering from missing the entire 1998 season. He also picked off a pass from Kurt Warner and returned it for a touchdown in the last game of the 1999 season. He was forced to retire after the 2000 season due to injuries. He has been inducted into Boston College's Sports Hall of Fame.
For his draft position those are horrific numbers for a "pass rushing" defensive end. He has gone down as one of the top 10 draft busts in NFL history! Funny thing too...some of my very good friends are Eagle fans...PA Eagle fans...the mention of Mike Mamula sends them on tirades like not other. But yeah..go with your google stats... hey like you said what ever floats your boat. You should worry about hoping your men's hoops teams can win a ACC league game this season. Going O-fer in football and hoops will be something special to flout..gotta give you that one.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Mike Mamula = a bigger bust than Dolly Parton.

Why do BC trolls feel like they have to "set UConn fans straight"? You stroll into our house and act like you own it. For a bunch of people with Jesuit educations, you sure are pretty dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom