2016 Commit #14 Tyler Coyle - Windsor CT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2016 Commit #14 Tyler Coyle - Windsor CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If he ran a 4.4 at his reported size he would be one very sought after recruit. Agree, I think reported 40 times on the recruiting sites are often "polished".

Don't get me wrong, I think a great pick up for us.

Reaction Score
If he ran a 4.4 at his reported size he would be one very sought after recruit. Agree, I think reported 40 times on the recruiting sites are often "polished".

Don't get me wrong, I think a great pick up for us.

Not to be a downer but his track times don't equate to a 4.4 40 time. He still looks to be a good prospect at either WR or DB.

Reaction Score
Not to be a downer but his track times don't equate to a 4.4 40 time. He still looks to be a good prospect at either WR or DB.
He ran the 4.4 at football camps last summer.

These are self reported times and it looks like he won't line up at WR...but...

According to Coyle the BC coaches are most impressed with him because he's been clocked at 4.4 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

"I'm 6'1 and they said not a lot of people my size should be able to run like that," Coyle added. "They worked me out at corner. That's where they like me. I play safety now."

Over the summer Coyle attended camps at Boston College, UConn, Penn State, Temple, Virginia and West Virginia.

Coyle said he “did great.” Examples are running a 4.42 40 at UConn and 4.43 at the other camps. “Coaches kept me after camps to talk to me,” he said before a Windsor practice this week.
Coyle, 6 feet 1 and 195 pounds, is a gifted athlete.

“He loves to be physical, loves to hit and loves to compete; it doesn’t matter the drill, he wants to win it,” Windsor coach Rob Fleeting said.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The kid's film shows he is football fast. He may not be a 4.4 guy right now, but I bet by the time he spends some time in the S&C dept he will come close to that by the time he leaves.

Personally, I hope he helps us out in the return game. We desperately need some explosion in our return game.

Reaction Score
No paws during dead period I'm sure...

Just saw it being reported on TOS with full attribution to AK that there were no "paws" because he reportedly still needs to finish year strong academically.

Quite the incentive to put his nose to proverbial grindstone and pound the books if true.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Looking forward to seeing him and the rest of the recruits in Feb 3rd. Hopefully they have an event this year, especially since there is no Men's basketball game that day and the women are on the road that day.

Reaction Score
Just saw it being reported on TOS with full attribution to AK that there were no "paws" because he reportedly still needs to finish year strong academically.

Quite the incentive to put his nose to proverbial grindstone and pound the books if true.
So does this make him an RKG?

Reaction Score
According to Coyle the BC coaches are most impressed with him because he's been clocked at 4.4 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

BC Coaches were so impressed they did not even make an offer.

Reaction Score

I knew something was up when no paws went out. Wish the kid the best.

Reaction Score
As someone who has played against Coyle more than once he was easily the most impressive opponent I've ever gone up against. Made a spectacular one-handed interception on a deep ball that I'd thought was going to be a big gain. Looking back at the tape he covered a good 20 yards in no time to make the play. I still see it in my nightmares...

Reaction Score
The most intriguing thing about Tyler is that he owns the record for best high jump in the country. He has the potential to be an elite Corner/Safety, maybe with Tre' Bell and Jamar Summers in 2017.

Reaction Score
Well then BC coaches are dumb turds.

Well I guess that makes dumb turds out of the coaches at Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, Penn State, Pittsburgh, and Syracuse who didn't offer. He did have offers from other non P5 teams UMass and Temple and FCS programs Central Connecticut, Maine and Rhode Island. He got an NR from ESPN. Impressive!

Reaction Score
Like Discount Double Check guy you are consistent!
HH,

If you said Addazio had no more room in the class that would be one thing, but BC took several 2 stars down at the wire. Face it, Coyle wanted to play at home for Diaco. The last time UConn got a nationally ranked track athlete for the secondary he turned into Tyvon Branch. Big recruiting win for UConn.

Reaction Score
HH,

If you said Addazio had no more room in the class that would be one thing, but BC took several 2 stars down at the wire. Face it, Coyle wanted to play at home for Diaco. The last time UConn got a nationally ranked track athlete for the secondary he turned into Tyvon Branch. Big recruiting win for UConn.

Great win for UConn. You beat our UMass and Temple and a number of FCS schools for his services. BC passed on him and did not offer! Obviously BC thought more highly of the other 2 stars they took down the stretch.

How is he a nationally ranked track athlete? A quick look at the New England Championships from last year he is listed once as part of the winning 4 x 100 relay team. I would expect a young man who in Nationally ranked in Track to have some individual honors.

Reaction Score
Great win for UConn. You beat our UMass and Temple and a number of FCS schools for his services. BC passed on him and did not offer! Obviously BC thought more highly of the other 2 stars they took down the stretch.

How is he a nationally ranked track athlete? A quick look at the New England Championships from last year he is listed once as part of the winning 4 x 100 relay team. I would expect a young man who in Nationally ranked in Track to have some individual honors.
6'10" high jump is #1 in the country this year.

Reaction Score
6'10" high jump is #1 in the country this year.

Very impressive! If that is the case why wasn't he competing last year at the New England Track and Field Championships last spring? He was at the meet.

Not sure how high jumping translates to the football field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom