2016 Coaching Carousel Begins... | Page 19 | The Boneyard

2016 Coaching Carousel Begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin has accepted the FAU job, sources told @ClowESPN & @McMurphyESPN

Reaction Score
Delaware (FCS): Sources tell FootballScoop Delaware has been targeting Richmond head coach Danny Rocco to become their new head coach. Richmond plays at North Dakota Saturday in the second round of the FCS playoffs. In 5 years at Richmond, Rocco has won 42 games and a win this weekend would guarantee the Spiders their second straight 10 win season.

Delaware: The school is making a strong run at Richmond head coach Danny Rocco, according to The News Journal. Rocco is in his fifth season at Richmond and plays in the second round of the FCS playoffs this weekend. Rocco said this week: “I think right now what I plan on doing is doing everything in my power to extend our season. And when the season is over, I want to sit down with all of the appropriate people to be able to make the best decision for me and my family moving forward. Tomorrow is promised to no one. And I do believe that I will have some options when the season is over.”

UD appears poised to hire Rocco as football coach

If true will shake up a few staffs...

Reaction Score
Temple will not interview ODU's Bobby Wilder for vacant head coaching position

>>Meanwhile, ODU athletic director Wood Selig says Wilder was offered a new contract on Friday. Selig would not discuss details of the offer, but two ODU officials said a handful of the school's major donors have pledged enough money to provide Wilder a pay raise for the next few seasons. The contract offer also contains an incentive clause, sources say, that would provide Wilder with a significant pay increase if the Monarchs have a winning season and go to a bowl game in 2017.<<

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB
Name I've heard as a possible option for #Temple HC vacancy: #SamHoustonSt HC K.C. Keeler, the former Delaware coach.

Reaction Score
SI College Football@si_ncaafb 24 mins ago
Notre Dame OC Mike Sanford is expected to be the next head coach at Western Kentucky, reports @SIPeteThamel
Notre Dame's Sanford expected to be new WKU coach

Guess he figures he better get out now w/ Kizer going pro.

Temple - you are on the clock.
Mike Sanford is gonna be a good HC. He worked at Boise under Peterson and Kelly was able to get him to ND to tutor Zaire and Kizer. They took a hit on offense in the skill positions this year but this IMHO is a good hire.
Temple will not interview ODU's Bobby Wilder for vacant head coaching position

>>Meanwhile, ODU athletic director Wood Selig says Wilder was offered a new contract on Friday. Selig would not discuss details of the offer, but two ODU officials said a handful of the school's major donors have pledged enough money to provide Wilder a pay raise for the next few seasons. The contract offer also contains an incentive clause, sources say, that would provide Wilder with a significant pay increase if the Monarchs have a winning season and go to a bowl game in 2017.<<

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB
Name I've heard as a possible option for #Temple HC vacancy: #SamHoustonSt HC K.C. Keeler, the former Delaware coach.

As for Temple...I'm a bit surprised at the lack of candidates for that job..BUT in a way it peaks volumes about what is going on there facility wise. Keeler would have a lot of recruiting contacts form is time at UD so he could slide right in there and HS coaches will be familiar with him.

Reaction Score
Mike Sanford is gonna be a good HC. He worked at Boise under Peterson and Kelly was able to get him to ND to tutor Zaire and Kizer. They took a hit on offense in the skill positions this year but this IMHO is a good hire.

As for Temple...I'm a bit surprised at the lack of candidates for that job..BUT in a way it peaks volumes about what is going on there facility wise. Keeler would have a lot of recruiting contacts form is time at UD so he could slide right in there and HS coaches will be familiar with him.

Temple had Richmond's Danny Rocco in to talk and reached out to Eagles QB Coach John DeFlippo too...

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Temple had Richmond's Danny Rocco in to talk and reached out to Eagles QB Coach John DeFlippo too...

Rumors are going around that Rocco has a deal in place with Delaware as well.

Reaction Score
Rumors are going around that Rocco has a deal in place with Delaware as well.

Yeah, noted that a few post up... sounds like they are all leveraging what they can. The only real difference in my mind between Richmond and Delaware is one is a private school, both can have great FCS success under right coach.

Reaction Score
John E. Hoover ‏@johnehoover 31m 31 minutes ago
Tulsa coach Philip Montgomery says he has signed a new 5-year deal to stay at TU.

Philip Montgomery's TU contract extended to 2022

>>Two years have been added to Montgomery’s initial five-year contract, extending it to January 2022, Gragg said. More than 20 donors privately raised a large sum of money that was primarily used to significantly increase the salaries for Montgomery’s assistants. “(Montgomery) was much more interested in making sure he would be able to retain his current staff or have the ability to do that,” Gragg said. “In the conversations I had with the president and our donors, they were very aware of that. They did step up.”

Montgomery also received a bump in pay that a source close to the process indicated was relatively modest. His previous salary of slightly more than $1 million was among the lowest for a head coach in the American Athletic Conference. As a private university, TU is not required to disclose the financial details.<<

Reaction Score
Seriously, though... can't wait to we get some UConn football coaching news.

Reaction Score
almost done...

B12 TEXAS ..... STRONG ..... HERMAN ... (Houston)
B12 BAYLOR .... <temp> ..... RHULE .... (Temple)
SEC LSU ..._... L MILES .... ORGERON .. (prev @ Miss)
BiG PURDUE .... HAZELL ..... BROHM .... (WKU)
BiG INDIANA ... WILSON ..... T ALLEN .. (Indiana asst)
PAC OREGON .... HELFRICH ... TAGGART .. (USF)

AAC HOUSTON ... HERMAN ..... APPLEWHITE (Hou asst)
AAC CINCI ..... TUBERVILLE . FICKELL .. (Oh St asst)
AAC
TEMPLE .... RHULE ..._.. COLLINS? .. (Fla asst)
AAC USF ..._... TAGGART .... STRONG ... (Texas)

USA WKY ..._... BROHM ..._..
SANFORD? .. (ND asst)
USA FL ATL .... PARTRIDGE .. KIFFIN ... (Bama asst, prev @ USC, TN)
USA FIU ..._... TURNER ..... B DAVIS .. (prev @ UNC, Mia)

MTN FRESNO .... DERUYTER ... TEDFORD .. (prev @ Cal)
MTN NEVADA .... POLIAN ..... NORVELL .. (Ariz St asst)
MTN SAN JOSE .. CARAGHER ... BRENNAN .. (Ore St asst)
SUN GA ST ..... T MILES .... ELLIOTT .. (SC asst)

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Bruce Feldman@BruceFeldmanCFB 15 mins ago
#Pitt's Matt Canada, the only OC who was a finalist for Broyles Award, is expected to meet w/#LSU tomorrow. Would be a huge get for Tigers

Bruce Feldman@BruceFeldmanCFB 1 hour ago
SOURCE: #LSU & #Pitt OC Matt Canada have had very good meetings today & are closing in on a deal to make him Tigers new off. coordinator.

Add: Report: LSU close to deal with Pittsburgh's Matt Canada as offensive coordinator; Canada spent full day in Baton Rouge

Reaction Score
Bruce Feldman@BruceFeldmanCFB 1 hour ago
SOURCE: #LSU & #Pitt OC Matt Canada have had very good meetings today & are closing in on a deal to make him Tigers new off. coordinator.

Add: Report: LSU close to deal with Pittsburgh's Matt Canada as offensive coordinator; Canada spent full day in Baton Rouge

Done deal:

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 2h2 hours ago
#LSU makes it official announcing #Pitt OC Matt Canada as its new OC. Canada turned down 3 other Power5 OC jobs in past 48 hrs, per source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom