Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Just to clarify...

Reason I thought this was interesting:
HCBD's first 2 years, 8-17
Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs Coaches# AP°
Connecticut Huskies
(American Athletic Conference) (2014–present)
2014 Connecticut 2–10 1–7 T–10th
2015 Connecticut 6–7 4–4 T–3rd (East) L St. Petersburg

Chad Morris's Career at SMU 7-17 (completed second year w/o bowl game*)
SMU Mustangs
(American Athletic Conference) (2015–present)
2015 SMU 2–10 1–7 T–5th (Western)
2016 SMU 5–7 3–5 5th (Western)

Both had wins over Houston, and reportedly both had P-5 schools sniffing around following second year.

Edit: No bowl game was an assumption based off of losing record, not sure how bowl slots look for this year as compared to last.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Reason I thought this was interesting:
HCBD's first 2 years, 8-17
Connecticut Huskies
(American Athletic Conference) (2014–present)
2014 Connecticut 2–10 1–7 T–10th
2015 Connecticut 6–7 4–4 T–3rd (East) L St. Petersburg

Chad Morris's Career at SMU 7-17 (completed second year w/o bowl game)
SMU Mustangs
(American Athletic Conference) (2015–present)
2015 SMU 2–10 1–7 T–5th (Western)
2016 SMU 5–7 3–5 5th (Western)

Both had wins over Houston, and reportedly both had P-5 schools sniffing around following second year.
If Morris goes b@t$h!t crazy next year we will know that something is going on where Houston is intentionally throwing games to cost conference opponents a good amount of money. They may also be spiking the opponents' HC's drinking water with some mind altering drug.

Reaction Score
If Morris goes b@t$h!t crazy next year we will know that something is going on where Houston is intentionally throwing games to cost conference opponents a good amount of money. They may also be spiking the opponents' HC's drinking water with some mind altering drug.

I guess I left off my point was that HCBD received a contract extension after a mediocre 2 years and it only took us about 9 months to really regret it. SMU gave Morris an extension after a strikingly similar mediocre first 2 years.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Terry Hutchens‏@IndySportsHutch
A source has told me it is because of an off the field issue but that's all I've heard

Love the first comment - "Does he own a motorcycle?" LMAO

Mark Schlabach ‏@Mark_Schlabach 5m 5 minutes ago
Former Indiana player told ESPN on Thursday that he & at least 5 other IU players interviewed about Wilson's treatment of players

Mark Schlabach ‏@Mark_Schlabach 3m 3 minutes ago
Former IU player suffered concussion in practice b4 '15 season. His father said son was rushed back to workouts & symptoms went "haywire"

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I guess I left off my point was that HCBD received a contract extension after a mediocre 2 years and it only took us about 9 months to really regret it. SMU gave Morris an extension after a strikingly similar mediocre first 2 years.
I got that point. Just pointed out the coincidence that the Houston win was likely what made each a hot commodity late in season two.is also added a conspiracy theory that maybe it wasn't coincidental.

Reaction Score
Buyout a lot less than 10 mil for Wilson
If it's for cause it would make it moot but he signed a new contract in Janaury - Kevin Wilson signs 6-year extension, raise. Contract language of original contract said: Base Salary for the remainder of the Term payable in equal monthly installments.
@noeynox, you got me thinking (and I had time) if I misread something - his base compensation is $542,000 for each year (different from the total salary after media/marketing and other supplemental income is added ) so they would owe the base for each year left on the contract which runs through 2021. But it appears the term may be for cause.

Reaction Score

Terry Hutchens (@IndySportsHutch)
12/1/16, 6:14 PM
Fred Glass said he has accepted the resignation of Kevin Wilson because of philosophical differences as to the leadership of program.

Terry Hutchens
(@IndySportsHutch)
12/1/16,
Glass said as part of the agreement Wilson will receive a one-year base salary lump sump of $542,000.

Terry Hutchens (@IndySportsHutch)
12/1/16, 6:14 PM
And Fred Glass announces, too, that Tom Allen is the new permanent head football coach at IU.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Shawn Watson ;)

Believe me- as a Nebraska fan we want nothing to do with Watson. We were ecstatic when he and the university parted ways

Reaction Score
@noeynox, you got me thinking (and I had time) if I misread something - his base compensation is $542,000 for each year (different from the total salary after media/marketing and other supplemental income is added ) so they would owe the base for each year left on the contract which runs through 2021. But it appears the term may be for cause.
If it wasn't fire cause,was his buyout higher or lower than Diaco's?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Can Matt Rhule and Willie Taggart please get a coaching job somewhere else and leave our conference please. I can see Rhule at Purdue and Taggart going to Oregon.

I"ll go exact opposite. So long as there is a cooling off on realignment, a strong AAC is good for UConn. Need to keep the good coaches.

Reaction Score
I"ll go exact opposite. So long as there is a cooling off on realignment, a strong AAC is good for UConn. Need to keep the good coaches.
Our problem is we have to stop hiring complete duds. We have to hire coaches like those guys.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Our problem is we have to stop hiring complete duds. We have to hire coaches like those guys.

Sadly, yes. UConn needs to catch up to the pack in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Lower it appears...$542k +/- times 5 years.
We can't be agreeing to pay p5 buyouts for a coach coming off a mediocre season while at the same time agreeing to let them walk for peanuts if they blow up. I can't believe UConn agreed to such stupid terms.

Reaction Score
We can't be agreeing to pay p5 buyouts for a coach coming off a mediocre season while at the same time agreeing to let them walk for peanuts if they blow up. I can't believe UConn agreed to such stupid terms.

What's really interesting is that Wilson and Diaco have the same agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom