2015 WCBB recruiting update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2015 WCBB recruiting update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
John A tweeted that UConn fans should keep an eye on Crystal Dangerfield 2016 recruit.

The way he put it makes it sound like he's hearing something rather important. Last time he did that was when he said UConn was the favorite to land KLS, a couple weeks before she gave her verbal.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Crystal Dangerfield's mom started following Geno's twitter feed about two weeks ago. Read into that what you will. Also, one of the insiders at the Summitt seems to think there's a real possibility of Tennessee losing her to the Huskies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Sluconn Husky said:
Crystal Dangerfield's mom started following Geno's twitter feed about two weeks ago. Read into that what you will. Also, one of the insiders at the Summitt seems to think there's a real possibility of Tennessee losing her to the Huskies.

Maybe she started following him after the famous tweet that appeared to be aimed at Ogunbowale. And did so because she wanted to be aware of any new zingers that he might dispatch towards other recruits such as her daughter.

Reaction Score
Maybe she started following him after the famous tweet that appeared to be aimed at Ogunbowale. And did so because she wanted to be aware of any new zingers that he might dispatch towards other recruits such as her daughter.
Or maybe she just wants more input for planning Crystal's press conference to announce the narrowing of her choices down to her top 3...? :D

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Crystal is a Tenn girl through and through...mark my words!!!!

A Middle Tennessee State fan who has long claimed to have connections posted last year that UConn is Dangerfield's "dream" school.

http://blueraiderzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=871&p=5640

Dangerfield herself has publicly admitted that Moriah Jefferson is her basketball hero. Her mom has re-tweeted official UConn news and now follows GA. Throw in Altavilla's tweet and I have to say I like UConn's chances quite a bit.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
South Carolina seems to have dropped off the table. Baylor looks like it's headed towards obscurity, which is a bad indicator of their future recruiting struggle against the University of Texas, Austin.

I'm really surprised.
Dawn has a history of getting commitments late. Our 2014 class looked like dirt until last fall.

Reaction Score
That's wonderful...Mariah is good true enough for any future PG to idolize...however...I stand by my words.

Reaction Score
A Middle Tennessee State fan who has long claimed to have connections posted last year that UConn is Dangerfield's "dream" school.

http://blueraiderzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=871&p=5640

Dangerfield herself has publicly admitted that Moriah Jefferson is her basketball hero. Her mom has re-tweeted official UConn news and now follows GA. Throw in Altavilla's tweet and I have to say I like UConn's chances quite a bit.

In addition, Crystal Dangerfield was quoted by ESPN saying that she aspires to be a nurse after her basketball career ends. A recruit would be hard pressed to find a better nursing school than Uconn's. Although I've only seen Ms. Dangerfield play on tape, she is lighting quick and is very exciting to watch.

Reaction Score
Texas is putting together a good roster. I think they can be back as one of the top programs soon.

We are looking forward to year 3 in the Coach Aston era. It's been painfully disappointing for us Texas fans since our last FF appearance in 2003.

Hook 'Em!

Reaction Score
We are looking forward to year 3 in the Coach Aston era. It's been painfully disappointing for us Texas fans since our last FF appearance in 2003.

Hook 'Em!
It looks like you're on your way back - good luck!

Reaction Score
The way he put it makes it sound like he's hearing something rather important. Last time he did that was when he said UConn was the favorite to land KLS, a couple weeks before she gave her verbal.

Dangerfield has also stated a preference to announce her decision on her birthday. Her birthday is May 11 so there is quite a bit of time between now and then.

Reaction Score
Add Michigan and Syracuse other schools for Murray.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All Crystal has to do is play back the NCAA championship game DVD.... her hero MoJeff looked mighty happy, winning her 2nd straight c-ship...... she could go somewhere else, but UC is hard to turn down

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I'm not sure of her composite ranking, but P Jenna Allen (ranked 69th in 2015 class by Prospects Nation) has re-opened her recruiting. She was previously committed to Indiana she just returned home from EYBL and was probably reacting to the news that Miller had resigned as head coach at Indiana. LINK

Reaction Score
I'm not sure of her composite ranking, but P Jenna Allen (ranked 69th in 2015 class by Prospects Nation) has re-opened her recruiting. She was previously committed to Indiana she just returned home from EYBL and was probably reacting to the news that Miller had resigned as head coach at Indiana. LINK
Thanks.
#85 composite

Reaction Score
Updated ...

#2 Asia Durr (GA) -- ND, Duke, MD, Bay, Lou (8/4/14)
#7 Arike Ogunbowale (WI) -- Lou, ND, OhioSt, UCLA, Wisc (7/13/14)
#9 Kalani Brown (LA) -- Baylor, LSU, TAMU, UConn, Tenn, Lou, UNC, Ga, Fla, Hou (7/17/14)
#13 Teniya Page (IL) -- B10, B12, SEC (May)
#15 Taylor Murray (MD) -- GW, Mich, Syr, others

#21 Caliya Robinson (GA)
#22 Teaira McCowan (TX) -- TAMU, Baylor, Lou, others
#23 Beatrice Mompremier (FL) -- Miami, Bay, Fla, Fla St, GA, Lou, LSU, UNC, ND, OhioSt, SC (7/24/14)

#27 Destinee Walker (FL) -- ND, UNC, Penn St, SC, GA, FlaSt, Duke (7/18/14)
#32 Mone' Jones (NC) -- UNC, Va, TAMU, LSU, WV, PnSt

#33 Kiah Gillespie (CT) -- Tenn, others
#36 Crystal Primm (FL) -- Duke, USC, Aub, OhioSt, USF (8/4/14) <-- eclectic list!
#37 Aliya Mazyck (NC)
#38 Aliyah Jeune (NJ) -- Rutgers, MD, NC St, others
#42 Jordan Danberry (AR)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
By school
ND -- #2 Durr, #7 Ogunbowale, #23 Mompremier, #27 Walker
Duke -- #2 Durr, #27 Walker, #36 Primm
Tenn -- #9 Brown, #33 Gillespie, #46 DeGrate
Lou -- #2 Durr, #7 Ogunbowale, #9 Brown, #22 McCowan, #23 Mompremier, #46 DeGrate, #78 Willock, #80 Fuehring
Baylor -- #2 Durr, #9 Brown, #22 McCowan, #23 Mompremier, #46 DeGrate
MD -- #2 Durr, #38 Jeune
TAMU -- #9 Brown, #22 McCowan, #32 Jones, #46 DeGrate
UNC -- #9 Brown, #23 Mompremier, #27 Walker, #32 Jones
OhioSt -- #7 Ogunbowale, #23 Mompremier, #36 Primm

Last edited:

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Beatrice Mompremier has offers from Baylor, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Louisville, LSU, Miami, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State and South Carolina.

LINK

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
By school
ND - #2 Durr, #7 Ogunbowale, #27 Walker
Duke - #2 Durr, #27 Walker, #32 Jones
Tenn -- #9 Brown, #21 Robinson, #33 Gillespie, #46 DeGrate
Lou -- #2 Durr, #7 Ogunbowale, #22 McCowan
Baylor -- #2 Durr, #9 Brown, #22 McCowan
MD - #2 Durr, #38 Jeune
TAMU -- #9 Brown, #22 McCowan
UNC -- #27 Walker, #32 Jones

Louisville is among DeGrate's final 7 at this point. Her AAU coach has stated Louisville will be in her T5 and get an offical visit.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I just read at Prospects Nation that Angela Salvadores of Spain (2015) is also considering Duke. She was very impressive this summer!

Reaction Score
Is that the girl who threw in a ton of points in the 17 & U final? If so, and she went to Duke, wouldn't it be fun to see her matched up against real defense. Like have MoJeff just hounding the heck out of her. Like to see that match-up. Other than Angel (Louisville) ( I'm sure there are others), not many individual opponents score big numbers against Uconn. Heck, teams don't throw big numbers against Uconn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom