2015 Recruiting Thread | Page 65 | The Boneyard

2015 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any danger losing a recruit who was tied to Foley, now that he's out the door.

The recruiting sites don't seem to have him connected to any prospects, but I don't know for sure.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
The recruiting sites don't seem to have him connected to any prospects, but I don't know for sure.

IIRC, Foley was the lead recruiter for Okouman and Terry possibly a couple of others.

Don't quote me on that though as I'm not 100% certain.

Reaction Score
IIRC, Foley was the lead recruiter for Okouman and Terry possibly a couple of others.

Don't quote me on that though as I'm not 100% certain.
should we be worried if a recruit was recruited by a coach that coaches a position other than their own? After all, I would imagine recruits feel better knowing the head coach is the same that reached out and extended the offer to them as opposed to a coach on the other side of the ball that wouldn't work with them as closely on a daily basis other than "recruiting them". While they're all on the same staff, I think losing an OL coach who recruited (not to mention the entire staff did ass well I presume), wouldn't affect a recruit who appears to play in the defensive secondary in Terry and as a LB or DE in Okounam.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
should we be worried if a recruit was recruited by a coach that coaches a position other than their own? After all, I would imagine recruits feel better knowing the head coach is the same that reached out and extended the offer to them as opposed to a coach on the other side of the ball that wouldn't work with them as closely on a daily basis other than "recruiting them". While they're all on the same staff, I think losing an OL coach who recruited (not to mention the entire staff did ass well I presume), wouldn't affect a recruit who appears to play in the defensive secondary in Terry and as a LB or DE in Okounam.

No, because it happens all the time. Regardless of position and the what-nots, the main goal is to identify prospective recruits and then pass the word on to the head coach.

Reaction Score
No, because it happens all the time. Regardless of position and the what-nots, the main goal is to identify prospective recruits and then pass the word on to the head coach.
My point exactly. I was responding to @The Viking regarding recruits Foley may have been the lead man on. You might have picked this up had you read my full post and understood who I quoted. Or you were simply just responding.

Reaction Score
No, need to "comb through" it was just a few posts before yours. But I am glad you're interested. The ignore button has now been used. Thanks for the suggestion.

Is it me, or is this kid a drama queen?

Reaction Score
I've been on Highsmith since last signing day. I hope he comes here. We could use a RB in this class.

Reaction Score
Where will he play at the next level? RB or DB?
I think he could play either or. His uncle Donald was a great RB on some of the best New Haven Chargers teams that were always in the mix for the D2 national title. That is a great FB family and good people too. We don't have RB in this class I would take him at that slot or DB. Kid is a player.

Reaction Score
I think he could play either or. His uncle Donald was a great RB on some of the best New Haven Chargers teams that were always in the mix for the D2 national title. That is a great FB family and good people too. We don't have RB in this class I would take him at that slot or DB. Kid is a player.
2013 CT Gatorade player of the year. He is a player indeed. Who won the award this year?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Northwestern commit. Thanks! Does Highsmith have an offer from UConn or just interest at this point?

Not sure he has an offer as of right now, but my guess is they will offer when he comes in. My guess is he comes in as a cornerback to start with since UCONN lost Pettus-Dixon who decided to stay closer to home. At worse I see him getting a preferred walk on spot with the ability to earn a scholarship in time.

Reaction Score
Not sure he has an offer as of right now, but my guess is they will offer when he comes in. My guess is he comes in as a cornerback to start with since UCONN lost Pettus-Dixon who decided to stay closer to home. At worse I see him getting a preferred walk on spot with the ability to earn a scholarship in time.
Good point about Pettus Dixon. We haven't seen a DB commit to fill his slot yet.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Looks like Highsmith being recruited as a DB. I, for one, am thrilled to hear what the staff is focusing on in terms of filling few remaining slots on the big uglies

"They mentioned being a preferred walk-on freshman year and then potential scholarship after that due to scholarship needs for lineman for them," said Highsmith, who mentioned that UConn is recruiting him as a defensive back.

Reaction Score
What's the calculation involved in recruiting a QB coming off a knee operation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom