2015 New Commit - Nolan Ulizio | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2015 New Commit - Nolan Ulizio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dooley said:
Wish him the best. Just unfollowed him on Twitter so he's officially "dead to me". Just another kid changing his mind. It's allowed.

I would like to point out that our staff is identifying some serious talent VERY early. We'll be able to find the right mix of talented and intelligent kids who will be Blessed to be able to put on the prestigious UCONN uniform. This thing is going to turn around and it's going to turn around with kids who want to be a part of it.

This does give me some hope.

Reaction Score
FrostyNuggets said:
That said, he really did not look all that big and heard he liked wine coolers.

This made me chuckle.

Reaction Score
Poisonous process that teaches young men nothing about honoring their word, integrity. Hell, it doesn't even teach them how to use a dictionary to learn what the word "commitment" means.

......and yes, I get it, the coaches are just as bad or worse which is why I criticized the process.

Reaction Score
I really hope these kids are at least taught to call up the coach that they are "de-committing" from and offer an apology. If you are going to go back on your word you have to at least face the party and offer an explanation and apology. Seriously, if it was my kid I would demand that they do that.

Reaction Score
Have to realize that there is a good chance he rides the bench for 4 years, and if so he'll be wishing he was at a place like UConn where he could have played and developed and maybe, just maybe, made the big time.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I don't understand how people are upset. Nothing in recruiting means anything until the NLI is received. For those of you who don't follow CFB recruiting as a whole (outside of UCONN), you'd be shocked at how many flipped commits there are.

Reaction Score
Guys, really with all the scorned lover drama??? He was gone the day they hired Harbaugh. This is who we are now. A lower tier program the big dogs poach from when they get desperate. Know your role, i guess.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Guys, really with all the scorned lover drama??? He was gone the day they hired Harbaugh. This is who we are now. A lower tier program the big dogs poach from when they get desperate. Know your role, i guess.
Agree, but it's not as if UConn would have been able to hang onto a similar kid in the previous two regimes if a coach like Harbaugh at a place like Michigan (or Texas, or USC etc.) rolled out the carpet for them. Edsall had his policy which maybe kept some commits from taking visits at, say, Pitt or Rutgers, but it probably wouldn't have worked in this kind of situation. (Though we can be thankful it didn't keep DJ's brother in the fold, in hindsight).

Reaction Score
Will you feel the same way if we flip the QB who verbaled to Buffalo?
Absolutely! As I understand it, the kid who had committed to Buffalo, committed to HC Quinn. He was then fired. At that point, the kid should have every opportunity to consider his options. In this case, there was no change with our HC. I consider the two situations to be totally different!

Reaction Score
I baked him a cake ;)

Attachments

• cake.jpg
    cake.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dude, it's Michigan.
Right...so when you give your "word" to someone...it's conditional? I suppose that's the world we live in today....more and more people doing it and thinking it's fine. Which in the end means...a promise doesn't mean anything. Michigan? A week ago that didn't so much either!

Reaction Score
Seriously dude, it's recruiting. Means nothing until a LOL is in. Remember Doug Wiggins? He was committed to St. Johns. I really wanted the kid, bur best of luck to him. In year you'll hardly remember his name.

Reaction Score
I know it's recruiting...especially today. Too bad there isn't a middle ground, kind of like a conditional commit. You're right about the LOI...that's the only thing that really carries any weight anymore. That said, it becomes pretty impressive when you consider how many of our verbals have been holding strong. I guess that's a credit to HCBD for recognizing and recruiting guys with good character....for the most part. ;)

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Former HCRE stated to me that verbal commits are leaning towards the school and nothing is set into stone until the first Wednesday in Feb.

Reaction Score
For those who care. Ulizio went from a "not rated" commit for us on ESPN to a 78 rating for Michigan. Would have made him our highest rated recruit according to Espn.

Good luck to the kid. Can't blame him. If we only lose one recruit I'll be happy coming off the year we had. Shows the coaches are doing their jobs on the recruiting trail. Looking forward to 2/4.

Reaction Score
Former HCRE stated to me that verbal commits are leaning towards the school and nothing is set into stone until the first Wednesday in Feb.
Then they should just rename it. Why put on a charade? I suppose it could then cut both ways too. If a school finds a better prospect, then they could drop one of the current ones if they wanted to...it would be understood by all.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Verbal commitment means absolutely nothing in recruiting.

Sure, the vast majority end up coming because of the same reasons they verbaled in the first place, but until the LOI is signed it doesn't mean a thing.

Reaction Score
So, the subject heading might have been a typed representation of a verbal commitment. Now, a reasonable edit might be Ex-verbal commitment or Past Commitment. Moving on ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom