2015 HS Recruiting - Oct update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2015 HS Recruiting - Oct update

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Maybe like UCONN sometimes, the year after a big class (they got 5 in 2014 and 3 pretty highly rated) the next year is down a bit (numbers anyway). After Stewart/Jefferson/Tuck we got Chong. After Hayes/Doty/Buck/EDD we got Faris. After TASSK we got KJ. It's a little surprising that UCONN has pulled in 3 very good classes (numbers and players) in a row. And hopefully that will continue in 2016.
Well ... its two classes - last year was Chung, this year is four guards/wings, next year is three forwards plus a transfer center.
Depending on how the current freshman pan out this year, it may be hard to get more than one 2016 guard/wing and I suspect it will not be easy to get more than one forward with the three coming in next year. Add in a center and a class of three would be pretty nice.
Recruiting on top of a good five player class I think is really hard - Uconn had the advantage in 2015 that the 2014 class was so focused on perimeter players.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well ... its two classes - last year was Chung, this year is four guards/wings, next year is three forwards plus a transfer center.
Yep I screwed that up. I was thinking Stewart's, Williams/Nurse's, and Samuelson's, forgot Chong was in-between. Doh!

Depending on how the current freshman pan out this year, it may be hard to get more than one 2016 guard/wing and I suspect it will not be easy to get more than one forward with the three coming in next year. Add in a center and a class of three would be pretty nice.
Recruiting on top of a good five player class I think is really hard - Uconn had the advantage in 2015 that the 2014 class was so focused on perimeter players.
I'd be happy with 1 post and 1 guard out of 2016. Especially if like McCoy and Dangerfield. Then maybe add in a rolish player. Or a "UCONN type" player who may or may not get a lot of time.

Reaction Score
Yep I screwed that up. I was thinking Stewart's, Williams/Nurse's, and Samuelson's, forgot Chong was in-between. Doh!

I'd be happy with 1 post and 1 guard out of 2016. Especially if like McCoy and Dangerfield. Then maybe add in a rolish player. Or a "UCONN type" player who may or may not get a lot of time.

Rolish? Is that a another new Eastern European country?

Reaction Score

McCoy and Dangerfield would be great for UConn. One thing for certain, if they added a rolish player as the third 2016 recruit, she would NOT get a lot of time. Tuck, Butler, Chong, Ekmark, Williams, Nurse, Edwards, Samuelson, Collier, Boykin, possibly McCoy and Dangerfield means not a lot of PT left. Here's a thought for the role player, 6'9" Felicia Aiyeotan out of the Philly area.

Reaction Score
I'd still take our 1-4-12 class over Louisville's or Duke's

A really impressive, informative compilation by vowelguy. But I prefer our quality over quantity. You're talking 2 super #1 and #4 kids. Elite talent. Add a great #12 Boykin in the mix- WOW! Hard to see how the addition of kids ranked 40+, 60+, even 100+ moves other recruiting classes toward the top.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Here's a thought for the role player, 6'9" Felicia Aiyeotan out of the Philly area.

Rated 7th by Blue Star.

Still think two is more than enough for '16. PT is going to be an issue as is. Plus the '17 class is loaded.

Reaction Score
Rated 7th by Blue Star.

Still think two is more than enough for '16. PT is going to be an issue as is. Plus the '17 class is loaded.

HG has her at #46
She's a junior this year has had virtually no playing time in her first 2 years at Neumann-Goretti. She's also recovering from a knee injury.
She is a project with potential because of her height and athleticism but is nowhere near a finished product regardless of where Blue Star make rank her.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Poster on Baylor board reporting that Kalani Brown is to make her announcement on Nov. 15, after taking her last official visit to Tennessee.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Arike Ogunbowale has announced she will make her decision at her school on the 24th. This is surprising because I thought she has yet to take her OV to Louisville. She is announcing this just three days after returning from UCLA, which may mean nothing but looks like one of these teams, including Wisconsin, Notre Dame or Ohio State, will make a jump in these rankings next week.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Arike Ogunbowale has announced she will make her decision at her school on the 24th. This is surprising because I thought she has yet to take her OV to Louisville. She is announcing this just three days after returning from UCLA, which may mean nothing but looks like one of these teams, including Wisconsin, Notre Dame or Ohio State, will make a jump in these rankings next week.

Her visit to Louisville has been set for this weekend. Interestingly, Asia Durr is making a return trip to the 'Ville for an unofficial visit. This could be interpreted many ways.
http://louisville.scout.com/story/1464272-no-1-player-asia-durr-visiting-u-of-l-again?s=17

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Recently saw a tweet saying Ogunbowale has cancelled her trip to Louisville? I guess we will find out this weekend.

Reaction Score

Halfway there.

Reaction Score
McCoy and Ionescu? :D

To get 3 from the 2016 class would be the ultimate demonstration of Geno's and UConn's ability to draw top recruits considering the size and quality of the 2 classes before it. I would suspect only 1 more after CD. (and doesn't typing that feel good ) But if Ionescu or Willoughby want to jump in, the water's fine !

Reaction Score
Halfway there.

Can I borrow your crystal ball ? I'm going to the track tomorrow ! ( I hope I break even, I need the money)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Can I borrow your crystal ball ? I'm going to the track tomorrow ! ( I hope I break even, I need the money)
You can, but we still need McCoy. :D

Reaction Score
You can, but we still need McCoy. :D

th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads