2015 Commit #1 Kevin Murphy DE (PA) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2015 Commit #1 Kevin Murphy DE (PA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks to me like a guy who could add 25 more lbs and get moved inside as an athletic defensive tackle. Me likey

I'm not competent to evaluate or project any HS player's chances at the next level. I can say that the kid looks like a man competing against boys. And, as noted above, he's probably A1 character-wise. Military Academies do the same security clearance checks required for any Officer or Officer Candidate. The "prototype" evaluators might be taking points off for his lack of height. Can it be that two more inches would make him more attractive to the P5's?

Reaction Score
Looks to me like a guy who could add 25 more lbs and get moved inside as an athletic defensive tackle. Me likey
If new scheme is 34, need bigger de's. He seems like a piece to the rotation

Reaction Score
@nucfootball: @kMuRpHy54 Congrats, you’re officially invited to top prospect elite camp at OU! http://post original url/wP2KqqiUKf #NUCRecruit http://post original url/uzTqifzBDO

Reaction Score
@nucfootball: @kMuRpHy54 Congrats, you’re officially invited to top prospect elite camp at OU! http://post original url/wP2KqqiUKf #NUCRecruit http://post original url/uzTqifzBDO

Nice to be recognized.

Reaction Score
That sounds bad. Is he going?

Reaction Score
That sounds bad. Is he going?

Why is that bad - he might blow up and someone might try to poach him?

From the NUC site:

>>Purely skills camp, 1 on 1's, agility, movement drills, position coaching, top players working out together, athleticism and Skelly all related to football skills. Players participate in positional drills and group drills with some of the best players from around the USA.

Tentative Schedule:

9am-Check In
10am-Warmup
10:30am-1230 pm Position Drills/Pictures/Agility & Football Skills Drills
12:30pm- 1:30pm-Lunch on own
1:30pm- 2:30pm 1 on 1/ 2 on 2 drills/Lineman Technique & Drills
3:00pm- 5pm- Group Passing Set Up/ Lineman 1 on 1 Set Up
5:30- Camp Awards and Speakers<<

Reaction Score
Why is that bad - he might blow up and someone might try to poach him?

From the NUC site:

>>Purely skills camp, 1 on 1's, agility, movement drills, position coaching, top players working out together, athleticism and Skelly all related to football skills. Players participate in positional drills and group drills with some of the best players from around the USA.

Tentative Schedule:
9am-Check In
10am-Warmup
10:30am-1230 pm Position Drills/Pictures/Agility & Football Skills Drills
12:30pm- 1:30pm-Lunch on own
1:30pm- 2:30pm 1 on 1/ 2 on 2 drills/Lineman Technique & Drills
3:00pm- 5pm- Group Passing Set Up/ Lineman 1 on 1 Set Up
5:30- Camp Awards and Speakers<<

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this just a way to get a bunch of kids on campus and not count it as an official visit? I'm guessing that schools line up to host these events for a reason.

Reaction Score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this just a way to get a bunch of kids on campus and not count it as an official visit? I'm guessing that schools line up to host these events for a reason.

I was thinking the same thing, especially being a Big time school like OU. I would imagine kids jump at the chance to attend. Once their all bets are offer. Offers could be made, etc.

Reaction Score

No argument but not much different than 7x7 comps, Nike/UnderArmour Showcase etc... Some kids just want to practice and compete against the best.

National Underclassman Combine runs these all over the country on and off campuses (this is the group that Lagow played in the all-star game for).

I have no clue if KM is going or not or whether he has wandering eyes or not but being invited to these events is not necessarily a bad thing. We still need to wait till February for all things said and done.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No argument but not much different than 7x7 comps, Nike/UnderArmour Showcase etc... Some kids just want to practice and compete against the best.

National Underclassman Combine runs these all over the country on and off campuses (this is the group that Lagow played in the all-star game for).

I have no clue if KM is going or not or whether he has wandering eyes but being invited to these events is not necessarily a bad thing. We still need to wait till February for all things said and done.

It's one thing to wait patiently for that first commitment to roll in. It's something else to try and wait patiently for signing day.

Reaction Score
I'm sure our coaches are well aware of these situations and know how to approach them. If they're not following the guys twitter, they need to be for a number of reasons.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Jimmy Serrano said:
I'm pretty sure this camp is run by former UConn husky Dave Schuman. He lived with QB Shane Stafford on my floor in McMahon back in 96. He was a pretty smart dude. Looks like it paid off for him.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure this camp is run by former UConn husky Dave Schuman. He lived with QB Shane Stafford on my floor in McMahon back in 96. He was a pretty smart dude. Looks like it paid off for him.

Yup... was starting LB for Skip Holtz.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Been away for a couple days at my son's orientation at TAMU but just got back on line and saw this. Apologize if it's already been posted. http://the-boneyard.com/blog/category/football/
DT Kevin Murphy Reinforces UCONN Commitment
July 2, 2014 Football
@MattSchonvisky

Fans will be fans during the offseason as there was some concern drummed up from a tweet by commit Kevin Murphy earlier today, where he mentioned he received an elite camp invite that would take place at Oklahoma.

To calm all of your nerves, here are some words from Murphy, who sent the following via text message this afternoon:

“I just wanted to show the fans that UCONN is getting awesome players that are ready to win championships! I’m all UCONN! All the guys in this class are awesome players and there is more to come! Go HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
Been away for a couple days at my son's orientation at TAMU but just got back on line and saw this. Apologize if it's already been posted. http://the-boneyard.com/blog/category/football/
DT Kevin Murphy Reinforces UCONN Commitment
July 2, 2014 Football
@MattSchonvisky

Fans will be fans during the offseason as there was some concern drummed up from a tweet by commit Kevin Murphy earlier today, where he mentioned he received an elite camp invite that would take place at Oklahoma.

To calm all of your nerves, here are some words from Murphy, who sent the following via text message this afternoon:

“I just wanted to show the fans that UCONN is getting awesome players that are ready to win championships! I’m all UCONN! All the guys in this class are awesome players and there is more to come! Go HUSKIES!

"There was some concern drummed up"? A bit over dramatic? It was really one post by Palatine.

Reaction Score
I didn't any drumming. I merely greeted this is as not good news. Glad the kid is committed. Not happy to see our commits on p5 campuses.

Reaction Score
@kmurphy54: Got my third star on rivals today!! #blessed #Huskies #UCONN

BuNEQjVIgAA0Ww2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members