2015 American Athletic Conference Media Day | The Boneyard

2015 American Athletic Conference Media Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Yup, 'American Athletic Conference Media Day', also known as 'ACC Football Coaches Car Wash Day' in Bristol.

We might as well send Edsall, Addazio and the 'Cuse guy (dunno who that is anymore, and frankly don't care), seeing as they'll already be in CT anyway...

Reaction Score
Yup, 'American Athletic Conference Media Day', also known as 'ACC Football Coaches Car Wash Day' in Bristol.

We might as well send Edsall, Addazio and the 'Cuse guy (dunno who that is anymore, and frankly don't care), seeing as they'll already be in CT anyway...
Conspiracy Kitty? Are we about to have a B1G announcement?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
You know that link is from 2013. The 2015 media day is August 3rd in Newport, RI. I'll be in Newport but for other reasons like hanging out at the ABC.

Thanks for the correction, will update. Thanks!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Why does the AAC meet in Rhode Island? True lunacy.

While I think "true lunacy" is a bit strong.....I agree with this. AAC needs to find it's own identity. Doing what has been done in the past in the failed Big East seems to be the wrong way to build a foundation for the future.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Its time to accept our fate and learn to love what we've got which is a national franken conference what at least delivers NFL players.

Reaction Score
I think Memphis would be nice. Then instead of a clam bake, can do a huge bbq.

Reaction Score
Great picture. Its stunning that the conf kick off event remains in little Rhodie. I guess that's our way of affirming this is our franken conference. That or the BigEast bought a 10 year event package in 2011 with no plans to pay an early termination.
or.... Aresco said, "I ain't moving south of the Mason Dixon" so HQ stays in Rhodey. He may want to stay close to ESPN and NYC which is a mere 3 hour(well 4+ if you can't get past Bridgeport by 6:30am) ride.

Reaction Score
The AAC Headqarters should really just move to NYC. Cement its place in the biggest media market in the country.
We were saying this since before the defections & schism. Common sense doesn't prevail. And now, the B1G has a satellite office in the Big Apple.

Reaction Score
The event is in Newport because the media folks like it. Great beaches, bars, food the clambake is a tradition. Folks can bring families/significant others and they have lots to do too. The other places you might go, Otlando New Orleans Memphis are all miserable in midSummer and not as virsatle as Newport. In 2015 you don't need to be in New York to get coverage. They have this thing called the inter web or something and it even goes to Rhode Island now. Southington CT too I am told has it.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
The event is in Newport because the media folks like it. Great beaches, bars, food the clambake is a tradition. Folks can bring families/significant others and they have lots to do too. The other places you might go, Otlando New Orleans Memphis are all miserable in midSummer and not as virsatle as Newport. In 2015 you don't need to be in New York to get coverage. They have this thing called the inter web or something and it even goes to Rhode Island now. Southington CT too I am told has it.

Not a big fan of change are you? Sometimes it's ok to look forward instead of backward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom