Votes: 38 20.7%

Votes: 47 25.5%
  • 7+

Votes: 30 16.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think we are going to catch lightning in a bottle this year, things are going to break our way and we will get to 6 wins. Hope I still feel that way at 11:30 on Sept 3rd. We have the talent to compete in this conference and this year the training wheels are off.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You work for USA TODAY?

I didn't read the USA Today story - but I think I get your point anyway. Yep - real gutsy of me to provide a 5 game spread on win total.

Reaction Score
I didn't read the USA Today story - but I think I get your point anyway. Yep - real gutsy of me to provide a 5 game spread on win total.

We had two wins last year...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We had two wins last year...
I only remember beating UCF....huh. Well - the news out of camps seems a little more positive this year, so I guess are low we'll win less than last year....I guess.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
6 with some bounces going for UConn this year. The program is due for some good luck and things to fall into place.

Reaction Score
Here's one of the under-the-radar realities for 2015. We are a much better team this year. In fact, I won't be surprised if we're in the conversation later his fall for the AAC title. One of the benefits of this utter dismissal of our chances is that UConn will be underdogs or close favorites in all of our games in the first half of the season. That's where you can make a bundle if you're so inclined. Let's just say there's some precedence for my optimism. Doubters can doubt. Believers can cash tickets. The "I Believe In The Huskies Train" leaves the station next Thursday. This guy bought a ticket and has his bags packed. So should you. Will you be on board?
http://www.bettingtalk.com/uconn-200000-bet-money-line-william-hill/

Reaction Score
I think ECU became very winnable with their QB going down. Doesn't sound like there's a whole lot of depth behind him.

Reaction Score
3 weeks into the season, I thought I'd revisit this topic now that we've seen what the Huskies can do. They have an offense now (mizzou def was so damn good-that I'll throw in a mulligan for this game) and uconn's def is ridiculously solid.

1. Nova-W
2. Army-W
3. Mizzou-L
4. Navy-Predict W (we play them at home and we have experience stopping the triple option)
5. BYU-predict L
6. UCF- predict W
7. USF-predict W
8. Cinci-predict L
9. ECU-predict W
10. Tulane-predict W
11. Houston-predict L
12. Temple-predict L

I'm predicting 7-5 with an upside of 8-4, and 6-6 is becoming more likely. Based on how this season is going, UCF and USF are becoming winnable games (UCF lost to Furman?).

Reaction Score
3 weeks into the season, I thought I'd revisit this topic now that we've seen what the Huskies can do. They have an offense now (mizzou def was so damn good-that I'll throw in a mulligan for this game) and uconn's def is ridiculously solid.

1. Nova-W
2. Army-W
3. Mizzou-L
4. Navy-Predict W (we play them at home and we have experience stopping the triple option)
5. BYU-predict L
6. UCF- predict W
7. USF-predict W
8. Cinci-predict L
9. ECU-predict W
10. Tulane-predict W
11. Houston-predict L
12. Temple-predict L

I'm predicting 7-5 with an upside of 8-4, and 6-6 is becoming more likely. Based on how this season is going, UCF and USF are becoming winnable games (UCF lost to Furman?).

I was in a group chat with some friends no more than two hours ago. This is exactly what I told them, and all of them agreed with me. I'm glad another By'er has the same view as I do too. I think we play tough at BYU though, and will be how we either become 8-4 or 7-5.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Bump for prospective.

We're 5-5. Hard to imagine anyone realistically expect more at the start of the season.

UConnDan97; improving imaginations since 1983...

Reaction Score
Majority of the game-by-game predictions posted have been right on the money. I don't think at season's start we expected the Mizzou and BYU games to be as competitive as they were, nor that USF would be better than expected (although we shot ourselves in the foot that game) and Navy's proving to be very good, but here we are after 10 games at 5-5 with a puncher's chance at a bowl bid.

Two weeks for Houston. Come on, crappy weather!!!!

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
This team could just as easily be 7-3 (4-2) at this point also could have 2 more losses, the team has seemingly turned the corner and I like many others will gladly take 5-5 at this point in the process. Two chances at 6 is two more than most people thought they'd have in year two anyways.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This team could just as easily be 7-3 (4-2) at this point also could have 2 more losses, the team has seemingly turned the corner and I like many others will gladly take 5-5 at this point in the process. Two chances at 6 is two more than most people thought they'd have in year two anyways.

It says most people were wrong.

Reaction Score
A repeat of my post from another thread, but perfectly valid here:

Last year I was expecting 4 wins and got 2 (that Army game was a kick to the nuts for me and spelled the end of my optimism, which led me to anger, quickly followed by being jaded). This year I'm expecting 6, as the surprise team out of the AAC. I know this is borderline reckless in my optimism, but I truly believe that we finally got the kinks out of the system, the players are actually fit athletically to play at FBS strength, and our defense has the potential to be really good this year. If you couple that with having an Oline where everyone has either started or had playing time last year (losing crozier hurts), which should lead to an offense that is competent (certainly more competent than last year), all of those cheapo losses are gone (USF, Tulane, SMU). We played 50 different players against BYU. 50. That's not happening this time around.

Chalk me up for 7-6 beating Georgia Southern in the AutoNation Cure bowl.

I'm reaffirming my optimistic prediction. That is all.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Put me down for 4. We had a few slip away last year and a 2 win improvement from 2014 is a step in the right direction, but i just can't imagine improving by +4 wins. +2 is modest but a step in the right direction.

whoops. happy i got this one wrong.

Reaction Score
My prediction from a much earlier thread.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/fall-camp-is-here-we-did-it.79237/#post-1384639

Nova, Army, UCF, USF, ECU, Tulane, Houston with the likelihood of losing at least one of those and leaving the Temple game to get us to 7 wins or not. Hoping for that to play out but gotta see the progress first.

The chances of beating USF would seemingly have been much greater than beating Houston, but maybe the bye week comes at just the right time. And maybe our defense matches up pretty good with an offense that can air it out. Linebacker pursuit and tackling will be key. So based on last August, have to pick us to beat Houston and ruin the AAC's chance to crash the big party. Too bad Mike.

Reaction Score
A repeat of my post from another thread, but perfectly valid here:

Last year I was expecting 4 wins and got 2 (that Army game was a kick to the nuts for me and spelled the end of my optimism, which led me to anger, quickly followed by being jaded). This year I'm expecting 6, as the surprise team out of the AAC. I know this is borderline reckless in my optimism, but I truly believe that we finally got the kinks out of the system, the players are actually fit athletically to play at FBS strength, and our defense has the potential to be really good this year. If you couple that with having an Oline where everyone has either started or had playing time last year (losing crozier hurts), which should lead to an offense that is competent (certainly more competent than last year), all of those cheapo losses are gone (USF, Tulane, SMU). We played 50 different players against BYU. 50. That's not happening this time around.

Chalk me up for 7-6 beating Georgia Southern in the AutoNation Cure bowl.

Might not be far off here!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
SubbaBub said:
In a world where you play nova, army and USF, 3 wins is a disaster. With Tulsa, 4 is no great shakes unless the rest are some really charming losses.

5 is progress, 6 is confirmation, and 7 or more is jubilation.

Hmmmmm....though I will cop to not knowing the difference between Tulsa (may we never have to play them in conference) and Tulane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom