• 7+

Votes: 30 16.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Sometimes.....sometimes....it's about the team you play. I am banking on some of these teams not being as good this year, opening up a window for UConn. A window....but not a door like the one Memphis ran through last year. My thought...is 2-2 in Non-Conf play and 4-4 in the American. Wins over Nova, Army, Navy, USF, ECU and Tulane with an upset win over either UCF, Houston or Temple.
The ECU Friday night game in Oct in my opinion, will be one of the biggest games we have had at The Rent in quite some time. ECU is going to struggle this year and the place will be rockin'.
Maybe.

Reaction Score
So, this season will be interesting. I genuinely believe that we will be a better football team than last year. The way the schedule is laid out, however, we are going to have an awful record the first half of the year. Please everyone just accept this now, and do not despair.

****Best case scenario is that we are 3-5 after the first 8 games. *****

We are not beeating BYU, Cincinnatti, or Missouri on the road, period. Navy is always an to play, and the best of the Academies.

However, after that, the schedule opens up, and I think we can really build some momentum going into next year. ECU(home), @Tulane, Houston(home - COLD) give us a great opportunity to stretch our legs and regain some swagger, with a matchup @Temple to close out the year. If this plays out as I guessed below, that could be a legitimate BIG GAME for the first time in 4 years, as a bowl berth will be on the line at 5-6.

Here's why:

Our Defense has had a year to learn schemes/assignments, and can build on many promising players that got time last year. Defensive Tackle, Linebacker, and Safety should be among the best in the conference, bar none. If we can find one/two DE who can pressure(Ormsby/Carrezola?) and a couple CB who can hold their own(Jamar Summers needs to step up), we are going to have an above average to Very Good defense

Our Offense, IMHO, will have a competent/playmaking QB this year for the first time in like 23423523523 years. He's not going to be Orlovsky, but I think he'll do a pretty good Tyler Lorenzen imitation with his legs. And any UConn fan will tell you, there is no better outlet valve than a QB who can motor. He will keep many drives alive on 6 yard scampers on 3rd and 4. We just have not had that option for the past half-decade. We also have a really strong stable of RBs that complement each other and should be among the best in the conference. RJ can bang, and is a legit intimidator, while Arkeel/Marriner can catch/wiggle. Our WR/TE groups are all rising, and could surprise this year. If we can get anything, ANYTHING, out of our OLine, we can put some points on the board.

So, in Summary, hold on to your damn hats and grab tight a bottle of your favorite spirits, and a copy of MakersMuppets Screed, because you will need it for the first half of the season. But when the weather turns chilly, know that we could be in for a taste of the light that is at the end of this dark tunnel.

I predict 6-6, which would be a monumental success, and some really happy Husky fans around XMas.

Cheers all

Thu., Sep. 3 vs. Villanova - W 31-13
Sat., Sep. 12 vs. Army W 20-10
Sat., Sep. 19 at Missouri - L 41-13
Sat., Sep. 26 vs. Navy * - L 31-13
Fri., Oct. 2 at BYU - L 37-10
Sat., Oct. 10 at UCF - 17-10
Sat., Oct. 17 vs. USF - W - 30-20
Sat., Oct. 24 at Cincinnati - L 34-24
Fri., Oct. 30 vs. East Carolina W - 38-24
Sat., Nov. 7 at Tulane W - 37-10
Sat., Nov. 21 vs. Houston - W 31-28
Sat., Nov. 28 at Temple - W 21-20

Reaction Score
It's been said before countless times but opening day at PAWS-ARF is our Super Bowl. We beat Nova, we have a chance this year. We lose, God help us all.

EDIT: That being said I think we win 3-4 this year.

Reaction Score
Uconn All Time vs Opponents Since going D1 (except Nova is All-Time)

Villanova - 4-7
Army 4-2
Missouri - 0-0
Navy - 1-2
BYU - 0-1
UCF - 1-1
USF - 5-7
Cincinnati - 2-9
East Carolina - 0-1
Tulane - 0-1
Houston - 0-0
Temple - 4-5

OVERALL: 21-34

If overall record holds, this would predict us to win around 4 games..being the optimistic one I am...I can't wait to see us playing in December in our first Bowl since Edsall was at the helm

Reaction Score
I predict 6-6, which would be a monumental success, and some really happy Husky fans around XMas.

Cheers all

Thu., Sep. 3 vs. Villanova - W 31-13
Sat., Sep. 12 vs. Army W 20-10
Sat., Sep. 19 at Missouri - L 41-13
Sat., Sep. 26 vs. Navy * - L 31-13
Fri., Oct. 2 at BYU - L 37-10
Sat., Oct. 10 at UCF - 17-10
Sat., Oct. 17 vs. USF - W - 30-20
Sat., Oct. 24 at Cincinnati - L 34-24
Fri., Oct. 30 vs. East Carolina W - 38-24
Sat., Nov. 7 at Tulane W - 37-10
Sat., Nov. 21 vs. Houston - W 31-28
Sat., Nov. 28 at Temple - W 21-20

Did you take the new math too?;):D - BTW I'll take either w/ a smile.

Reaction Score
Voted for 6, not because I necessarily think it's going to happen but because I just want to get back to a bowl game

Reaction Score
Wins:
0-2 Disaster and Diaco could be three and out
3 ehhh.....
4 Progress
5-6 Real Progress
7+ Dancing in the streets. Diaco is Bear Bryant

I say 3 or 4.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
In a world where you play nova, army and USF, 3 wins is a disaster. With Tulsa, 4 is no great shakes unless the rest are some really charming losses.

5 is progress, 6 is confirmation, and 7 or more is jubilation.

Reaction Score
Under no scenario is Diaco being released after 1 year plus a few games. Warde went all in on the hire and signed off on the "this place is a cluster f[_]ck and I need to completely rebuild everything". You don't accomplish those in a year, or 2. The BY likes what HCBD is doing in almost all facets - the big unchecked box remains WINS. But if we are 0-6, we are not changing coaches no matter how loud folks scream. No way.

I'm in the I'll vote after the 2d game camp, but I am voting for 6. If you cant be optimistic in preseason, when can you be

Reaction Score
I hope that the predictions of those that have more enthusiasm than me come true.......maybe it will.

However, looking at past history of an offense that couldn't get out of its own way, & was lucky to score.........., to suggest that with an offense consisting of a questionable OL and new "rusty" QB, I don't think the team has the punch to run away from anyone in points scored. ....... 20-30 points/game is too much enthusiasm.

They will be low scoring games decided by a few points.......one way or the other.

Reaction Score
I got 5. My prediction is Nova, Army, UCF, USF, Tulane

I think we can possibly get to 6 by taking one of ECU or Houston.
I got 5. My prediction is Nova, Army, UCF, USF, Tulane

I think we can possibly get to 6 by taking one of ECU or Houston.
I think 5 wins (Nova, Army, USF, Tulane and Temple; yes Temple) will show a substantial improvement over last year. And 6 wins could be possible. But, if we can attain 8 or more wins then I predict Donald Trump will be the next President of the United States. Good with the bad scenario.

Reaction Score
In a world where you play nova, army and USF, 3 wins is a disaster. With Tulsa, 4 is no great shakes unless the rest are some really charming losses.

Subba, Hate to tell you this but UCONN doesn't play Tulsa in 2015.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think 5 wins (Nova, Army, USF, Tulane and Temple; yes Temple) will show a substantial improvement over last year. And 6 wins could be possible. But, if we can attain 8 or more wins then I predict Donald Trump will be the next President of the United States. Good with the bad scenario.
Trump winning the election is probably more likely than us winning 8 this year. For whatever that is worth.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Seeing as nobody has a clue as to what our QB play/situation will be, I guess I'll go with 4.

Can't be any worse than last season at QB...I think...I hope.

Just want to be competitive in our games and not a laughingstock like at USF last season.

Reaction Score
I picked 4 but it could be less. The D should be good and the ST should be OK, but the offense? An inexperienced QB, an inexperienced OC and we are near bottom of the FBS in returning OL starts (as we were last year) and that was before we lost Crozier.

Reaction Score

4h4 hours ago
Coach Quotes ‏@CoachMotto
We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible. – Vince Lombardi

Reaction Score

Our over under is 3 wins. If 100% over that is just confirmation in your world, you have set yourself up for your own self inflicted misery. Enjoy!

Reaction Score
4 or 5 at best. Hard to tell what we have yet. We might win a couple we're not expected to (like UCF last year, and we had ECU tied in the 4th qtr), but could also lay plenty of stinkers again. If the D is consistently solid and the offense finds an identity, we have a puncher's chance at 6 and bowl eligibility.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Anything is possible here - another 1 win season or 6 wins. My gut says 3 wins, but my heart is aiming for 6. We should have a great defense. Its all about keeping turn overs down and improved OL/QB play. And maybe our RBs play with a little more skill.

Above anything, I want to see the team play strong over the second half of the season. If we somehow win 4 of the first 6 games and then flounder in November in ugly losses (uncompetitive, lots of turnovers, etc), then the off season will be tough as it will be unclear which way we are really headed.

Reaction Score
I'm an optimist and a good defense with a mediocre offense can make noise in a league like ours with no true powerhouse. 7+ wins. I also couldn't resist putting $20 on Uconn at +20,000 to win the AAC. High roller here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom