2015-16 Schedule | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2015-16 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Look on the bright side those 3 opponents are more likely to draw big crowds on Tuesdays than others, not that UConn or hockey east scheduled them there for that reason but it can't hurt.

Reaction Score
It does kind of suck but like I said the Wolf Pack will be adios soon and that will open up 38 dates. At that point every game at the XL, including the basketball can be played exclusively on weekends if UConn desires.

Reaction Score
Schedule announced today.

ONLY 3 Saturday home games versus 5 Tuesday home games.

To make matters worse, 3 of the Tuesday games are against BU, BC, and Quinnipiac.

I am sorry but it's a joke playing your three biggest rivals on a Tuesday versus a Saturday or a Friday.
NO! But the XL is awesum!! The curtains!

utter joke to play BU and BC at home on a Tuesday.

Reaction Score
Last year, both BU and BC hosted UConn on a Saturday, which is the case once again. It's great for them because not only is it more convenient for their fan base, it enables them to bolster attendance with UConn fans than can make the short trip. Conversely, playing marquee games on Tuesday makes it more of a challenge for both home and away fans, which would naturally impact attendance. Granted, UConn is the "new guy", but hopefully the scheduling balances out over time. Maybe UConn first year attendance numbers were simply too scary. . .or it could be simply an availability issue as other posters have suggested.

Reaction Score
Last year, both BU and BC hosted UConn on a Saturday, which is the case once again. It's great for them because not only is it more convenient for their fan base, it enables them to bolster attendance with UConn fans than can make the short trip. Conversely, playing marquee games on Tuesday makes it more of a challenge for both home and away fans, which would naturally impact attendance. Granted, UConn is the "new guy", but hopefully the scheduling balances out over time. Maybe UConn first year attendance numbers were simply too scary. . .or it could be simply an availability issue as other posters have suggested.
I definitely think if Cav and the UCONN Athletic Dept had their way the BC and BU games would be on Fri night as the front end of a home and home like they play everyone else.

Reaction Score
I definitely think if Cav and the UCONN Athletic Dept had their way the BC and BU games would be on Fri night as the front end of a home and home like they play everyone else.

Scheduling is a two-way street, but clearly the hockey team is challenged when it comes to controlling their home venue. Aside from Marvel Universe and Disney Live, the hockey team likely competes with UConn mens and womens basketball and needs to be mindful of UConn football games. It's possible BC and BU could have tweaked schedules to accommodate UConn's limited availability (swapped a Saturday game here and there, i.e., BC's UNH game), but I'm sure it wasn't their top priority. Maybe this a nudge to jump start the on campus facility, which would greatly minimize these types of issues.

Reaction Score
Scheduling is a two-way street, but clearly the hockey team is challenged when it comes to controlling their home venue. Aside from Marvel Universe and Disney Live, the hockey team likely competes with UConn mens and womens basketball and needs to be mindful of UConn football games. It's possible BC and BU could have tweaked schedules to accommodate UConn's limited availability (swapped a Saturday game here and there, i.e., BC's UNH game), but I'm sure it wasn't their top priority. Maybe this a nudge to jump start the on campus facility, which would greatly minimize these types of issues.
You forgot the Wolfpack too.....your last statement is what is most important. If they had the on-campus barn/team facility they could work with HE to have BC and BU in Hartford on dates that would make them home-in-home. Those are the games I think they should play in Hartford anyway...ND as well, just for the extra capacity. That gives you 2-3 more dates to add as XL games..I would make it PC and UNH. If QU becomes a given every year I would play that game at the XL as a home game and move the UNH game back to campus. That gives you the 5 big draw games on the schedule at the XL Center. If the power shifts down the road from PC to UNH just swap the games around.

Reaction Score
You forgot the Wolfpack too.....your last statement is what is most important. If they had the on-campus barn/team facility they could work with HE to have BC and BU in Hartford on dates that would make them home-in-home. Those are the games I think they should play in Hartford anyway...ND as well, just for the extra capacity. That gives you 2-3 more dates to add as XL games..I would make it PC and UNH. If QU becomes a given every year I would play that game at the XL as a home game and move the UNH game back to campus. That gives you the 5 big draw games on the schedule at the XL Center. If the power shifts down the road from PC to UNH just swap the games around.

Yes, the Wolfpack and more. UConn has Friday, Saturday or Sunday home games scheduled with UNH, Northeastern, Vermont, Merrimack, UMass-Lowell, and UMass. I'm assuming they are all at the XL. It would have been nice to have either BC or BU swap out a Tuesday with one of those teams. But, like I said, no team has to bend over backwards to accommodate UConn's venue challenges. Anyhow, playing BC and BU on a Tuesday still beats not being in Hockey East. Hopefully these constraints move forward the construction of the barn with greater expediency.

Reaction Score
The Wolf Pack is on their way out. UConn in Hartford is the priority of the governor and CRDA. Complain about Uconn Hockey games on a Tuesday all you want, but the turnout in Hartford on the worst night will still be at least double what they'd draw in this hypothetical on-campus facility everyone is glorifying.

Reaction Score
The Wolf Pack is on their way out. UConn in Hartford is the priority of the governor and CRDA. Complain about Uconn Hockey games on a Tuesday all you want, but the turnout in Hartford on the worst night will still be at least double what they'd draw in this hypothetical on-campus facility everyone is glorifying.
Hypothetical...I guess you didn't pay attention to the HE requirement letter that UCONN...and that idiot Malloy signed when they accepted the invitation from HE. A on-campus arena of 4000 is a LEAGUE REQUIREMENT! You need to read the last paragraph in this article VERY CAREFULLY: http://dailycampus.com/location-new-uconn-hockey-arena-still-question/ HE is a private group of schools not another corporation Malloy can push around...if he pushes this bs about forcing UCONN to play in Hartford to bail out an inept city government who can't economically develop their own city there is a chance (slim as hell but a chance none the less) that HE tells UCONN they violated the terms of their invitation and throws them out. I thought you started your own board about UCONN sports in Hartford...

Last edited:
Reaction Score

An on-campus facility provides the capacity to ensure that most, if not all, marquee games take place in Hartford. . .on a Saturday.

Reaction Score
If they can sell 8k or 10k tickets against some opponents, those game should be played in Hartford. I am hoping for uconn hockey on sny.
They need to play BC, BU, QU (when home), PC, and ND in Hartford. Those are your high profile games that will bring high numbers in the seats.

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anyone planning to go to the exhibition game at Storrs against Queens University on October 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom