2015-16 College Hoops Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Michigan vs osu. And a big game for Texas against wvu

Reaction Score
Texas beating West Virginia pretty handily. Ohio State beats Michigan by 10.

caw

Reaction Score
Texas wins against WVU
OSU wins against Michigan
South Carolina loses to a Mizzou team who just cut their starting PG
VCU beats URI

Bubble teams:
Butler beats Creighton
Pitt beats Wake

Games to watch:
Florida at Georgia
Texas AM vs Ole Miss
ISU vs Baylor

Reaction Score
PC getting blown out, will be 5 losses in 7 games. The 2 wins coming against Gtown

Reaction Score
Are they ever going to tip off this Duke/UNC game or just talk about how wonderful they are all night?

caw

Reaction Score
St. Joes picked up a very nice resume win over #15 Dayton.

Iowa drops to PSU which may only lower Iowa's seeding. Probably won't affect UConn.

Syracuse blown out by Louisville which is exactly what UConn fans want from Louisville. Sure it hurts the RPI a bit but since Cuse is in contention for similar seeding, we want them to lose.

Temple losing hurts but again, I prefer teams behind UConn losing because it keeps UConn off the bubble.

PC losing to X means aside from Gtown, PC hasn't beaten anyone in a month. And have lost 5 of 7. How are they still ranked?

Reaction Score
UNC students making the traveling motion while Grayson Allen shoots free throws. Nice!

Reaction Score
PC getting blown out, will be 5 losses in 7 games. The 2 wins coming against Gtown
Yeah. They're a bubble team now, right? I mean, they have a win against Villanova that counts for something, but otherwise (before the loss) RPI 39, 2-4 vs. Top 25, 2-5 vs. Top 50, and 3 sub-100 losses.

They have a manageable schedule the next four games, and just winning is probably enough to right the ship. But they've looked bad.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Yeah. They're a bubble team now, right? I mean, they have a win against Villanova that counts for something, but otherwise (before the loss) RPI 39, 2-4 vs. Top 25, 2-5 vs. Top 50, and 3 sub-100 losses.

They have a manageable schedule the next four games, and just winning is probably enough to right the ship. But they've looked bad.
Last year the lowest KenPom rated team to make it in as an at-large was Indiana at #53. Temple, who was regarded as the biggest snub, was #56 before the tournament. Providence is currently #57.

caw

Reaction Score

What do you consider a bubble team? 8 seed? 9 seed? Right now, they are probably in the 7-8 seed range. 9 at the worst. If that's the bubble, then yes they are on the bubble, but well on the safe side right now. they would have to lose a few more to start to worry.

Reaction Score
Would not be surprised if Kaleb Joseph transfers out of Syracuse after this season. He's played a total of 5 minutes the last 10 games.

But Joseph hasn’t been in any game a lot. He hasn’t played more than 17 minutes in any contest all season. He’s entered just five of the 11 conference games and has played a total of 18 conference minutes. He’s taken 28 shots this season and made only five. Just a year ago he averaged more than 27 minutes per game. So far, Syracuse’s “biggest offseason improvement” hasn’t shown any, or been given a chance to do so as of late.

The reason behind his trajectory this season remains virtually untold. He declined to talk for this story. His friend and high school coach didn’t respond to an interview request. His AAU coach said, “I have no comment.” His mother said, “I have to decline.” When Boeheim was asked about what had changed from then to now, he avoided any sort of explanation.

“He has not performed well in game situations,” Boeheim said. “He has not been able to get it done on the court. Frank Howard has moved ahead of him and that’s where it stands right now.”

http://dailyorange.com/2016/02/the-story-behind-kaleb-josephs-season-remains-relatively-untold/

Reaction Score

They are no lock, similar situation to us, but they have an easier schedule to close out the year.

Outside that Nova win, which is great, their resume is garbage.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Watching Duke-UNC right now, and I know it sounds like another "complaining about the AAC" post, but this is what a "premium product" in college basketball looks like. I miss when we had games of this caliber, where our fans cared, their fans cared, the stadium is packed, and the viewers are watching on TV.

I have friends who asked "whose watching Duke UNC tonight", and none of them I would consider fans of college ball. Whereas when these same people on my class ask who UConn is playing when I wear a Huskies hoodie, I'm embarrassed to say teams like Tulsa, Tulane, etc, I legit don't say who we are playing because it always leads to puzzled looks and the occasional chuckle. Why us.

Reaction Score
Duke cannot guard UNC in the paint at all. UNC should not take a shot deeper than 12' the whole game.

Reaction Score
If UNC could ever put it all together they would be the number one team without question. They just don't play smart.

Reaction Score
Grayson Allen trying his drive the lane and get all the whistles routine but getting stuffed by UNC left and right. Coach K throws a fit and the refs call a hand check next possession.

Reaction Score
Grayson Allen trying his drive the lane and get all the whistles routine but getting stuffed by UNC left and right. Coach K throws a fit and the refs call a hand check next possession.
nice to see him get hammered

Reaction Score
ESPNU - Oklahoma down by 3 with 30 seconds left against Texas Tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom