2014 Recruiting: St. John's at "top of list" for Khadeen Carrington | The Boneyard

2014 Recruiting: St. John's at "top of list" for Khadeen Carrington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Zach Braziller @NYPost_Brazille
I asked Khadeen Carrington about St. John's attending so many of his games. "They're at the top of my list." #stjbb

Wonder if Carrington was the recruit Kareem Memminger (Terrence Samuel's & Kentan Facey's AAU coach) was talking about in Borge's article about realignment:
Said Memminger: “The 2014, 2015 guys, those are the guys it’s going to affect. I talked to one recruit — I don’t want to mention his name — that UConn has recruited. Basically, his camp told me he likes (UConn) a lot, but they don’t know what conference they’re going to be in.”
Still think that once the season over, Ollie will kill it on the recruiting trail. Plenty of talent (and offers) out there.

Reaction Score
Any kid dumb enough to choose St. John's over UConn is questionable, that place is such a dump. Read up on their last school president, it's hilarious.

Reaction Score
Hey recruits will sometimes tailor quotes to where the reporter is from/covering and Zac is big time nyc guy. Mike A said to me once, always take what a recruit says with a grain of salt and remember who they are talking to.

Reaction Score
NYC kids want to play in MSG. That is a huge recruiting loss for UConn.

Reaction Score
Anyone who goes to St. John's over uconn, even with the current realignment situation hurting us, is an idiot and not worthy. It's just an awful decision. A least the kids that choose fl state have some sort of recourse. But they're dumb too.

We put people in nba

Very few others do, pretty much just blue bloods

Reaction Score
I have been as impressed with Ollie as anyone. Although we all have reason to believe that he will do well on the recruiting trail that has yet to be proven. Its not like UConn has been tearing things up lately. When was the last time we beat an elite program out for a guy, Roscoe Smith? Truth is, talking to recruits is one thing. Having them commit is completely different. So until then, I have concerns. The good news is that if anyone can do it, I do believe its Kevin Ollie.

Reaction Score
I have been as impressed with Ollie as anyone. Although we all have reason to believe that he will do well on the recruiting trail that has yet to be proven. Its not like UConn has been tearing things up lately. When was the last time we beat an elite program out for a guy, Roscoe Smith? Truth is, talking to recruits is one thing. Having them commit is completely different. So until then, I have concerns. The good news is that if anyone can do it, I do believe its Kevin Ollie.

Deandre

Reaction Score
Calhoun had offers from Zona, UNC, and Pitt if you consider them big time.
Drummond had an offer from any school that had a basketball program.
DeAndre had an offer from Kansas I believe? A few more that I can't remember right now.
Roscoe - Duke, Georgetown, Kansas

Reaction Score
Calhoun had offers from Zona, UNC, and Pitt if you consider them big time.
Drummond had an offer from any school that had a basketball program.
DeAndre had an offer from Kansas I believe? A few more that I can't remember right now.
Roscoe - Duke, Georgetown, Kansas

Deandre had an offer from Duke, Kansas and Kentucky.

Reaction Score

There's reason to be concerned, because somehow a new means of negatively recruiting against Uconn pops up every single year. Calhoun's health, NCAA investigation, postseason ban, no contract for the head coach....and now conference realignment. Ollie's got his work cut out for him.

Reaction Score
Omar had offers from LVille and FL also...

Reaction Score
There's reason to be concerned, because somehow a new means of negatively recruiting against Uconn pops up every single year. Calhoun's health, NCAA investigation, postseason ban, no contract for the head coach....and now conference realignment. Ollie's got his work cut out for him.

Bingo... Sucks to lose the Big East Brand name & Big East Tournament in NYC @ MSG. That hurts. That was a huge recruiting perk! I see the Atlantic 10 already got the Barclay's Center for their tournament.

Reaction Score
I think at least as long as we are in this A12 the tactic has to be that no matter who we play we can compete nationally.

Best thing to happen to keep this fresh in recruits minds is for the Zags to have a god run this year.

Even though are history dwarfs the Zags history it would be a good selling point for the staff to remind recruits that no matter what conference you play in UCONN can compete and win nationally along with a track record sending players to the league.

If MSG is a big factor for Carrington that playing for the Johnnies is a good fit.

Especially those games he might be playing in the semis OF THE NIT should the Johnnies even get there :)

Reaction Score
And don't forget Daniels actually committed to Texas originally
Daniels committed after the insane run by Kemba an thought Calhoun would do for him what he had done for Lamb. I highly doubt in today's environment, a #10 ranked recruit would commit to UConn without ever even walking on campus. Point is, when we start losing recruits to the likes of Providence, Seton Hall or even Nova, because they would rather play in the C7, we know the future is bleak.

Reaction Score
Not sure what recruit we lost to Seton Hall?

Providence got Brandon Austin. We weren't recruiting Dunn or Ledo.

Reaction Score
Not sure what recruit we lost to Seton Hall?

Providence got Brandon Austin. We weren't recruiting Dunn or Ledo.
Not saying we did, but saying we could. Just suggesting that this new conference can have deep impact.

Reaction Score
Daniels committed after the insane run by Kemba an thought Calhoun would do for him what he had done for Lamb. I highly doubt in today's environment, a #10 ranked recruit would commit to UConn without ever even walking on campus. Point is, when we start losing recruits to the likes of Providence, Seton Hall or even Nova, because they would rather play in the C7, we know the future is bleak.

I have no idea what this has to do with my original comment that Daniels committed to Texas originally...

Reaction Score
I have no idea what this has to do with my original comment that Daniels committed to Texas originally...
wake up.....its a very different world. you ain't in the big east anymore dorothy.

Reaction Score
wake up.....its a very different world. you ain't in the big east anymore dorothy.
Neither are you.

Call the conference whatever you want, but the Big East without UConn, Syracuse, Pitt, et al. isn't the Big East.

Reaction Score
I think at least as long as we are in this A12 the tactic has to be that no matter who we play we can compete nationally.

Best thing to happen to keep this fresh in recruits minds is for the Zags to have a god run this year.

Even though are history dwarfs the Zags history it would be a good selling point for the staff to remind recruits that no matter what conference you play in UCONN can compete and win nationally along with a track record sending players to the league.

If MSG is a big factor for Carrington that playing for the Johnnies is a good fit.

Especially those games he might be playing in the semis OF THE NIT should the Johnnies even get there :)

Doesn't St. John's play on campus unless they're playing us ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom