2014 Jerseys? | The Boneyard

2014 Jerseys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Is it just me, or is anyone else pissed about how on the offcial UConn shop online they only have jerseys from player numbers who have been gone from the program for up to 4 years ago? Also they only current Nike jersey since the new logo unveil last season is the #43 that Lyle McCombs wore, who left the program... WTF? Also, I remeber Muncy saying that Nike was going to do custom name/number UConn jerseys for this year. What happened to that? Hope for the first game at least they have a basic blank #1 jersey or something in the new style for sale, would love to add one to my gameday attire collection.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Yes, it's bush league. License one or two numbers per year. The current lawsuits do make selecting numbers of current player a bit dicey.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
It's time for a one or two retro jersey.

Reaction Score
Is it just me, or is anyone else pissed about how on the offcial UConn shop online they only have jerseys from player numbers who have been gone from the program for up to 4 years ago? Also they only current Nike jersey since the new logo unveil last season is the #43 that Lyle McCombs wore, who left the program... WTF? Also, I remeber Muncy saying that Nike was going to do custom name/number UConn jerseys for this year. What happened to that? Hope for the first game at least they have a basic blank #1 jersey or something in the new style for sale, would love to add one to my gameday attire collection.

I have discussed this with Warde on several occasions. They sold out to NIKE limitations. I feel the school and the co-op is losing a lot of money every year by not having a window of where special orders could be placed for jersey numbers fans really want. I realize this would cost a little more than the generic offered number but many would be willing to pay it, I for one.
We have up to 20 players every year coming into the program and many a parent / family member / fan would love to have the number that player is wearing. I also explained to him how we are constantly trying to get CT fans to wear our colors to games and this could be part of that process.
If anyone thinks I am out of line, walk the tail gate area of the parents of the players and see all the shirts being worn that are coming from outside sources.
Could care less about the new logo, I hate it and he knows that also. That was another NIKE gimmick, I'll live with it...
Nice post Nutmeg...

Reaction Score
Woof 101 said:
I have discussed this with Warde on several occasions. They sold out to NIKE limitations. I feel the school and the co-op is losing a lot of money every year by not having a window of where special orders could be placed for jersey numbers fans really want. I realize this would cost a little more than the generic offered number but many would be willing to pay it, I for one. We have up to 20 players every year coming into the program and many a parent / family member / fan would love to have the number that player is wearing. I also explained to him how we are constantly trying to get CT fans to wear our colors to games and this could be part of that process. If anyone thinks I am out of line, walk the tail gate area of the parents of the players and see all the shirts being worn that are coming from outside sources. Could care less about the new logo, I hate it and he knows that also. That was another NIKE gimmick, I'll live with it... Nice post Nutmeg...

The parents get the jerseys. They have a special order process.

Reaction Score
The parents get the jerseys. They have a special order process.
You could not be more wrong. They do not have school issued jerseys, yes some a few may have a left over but what is being discussed here is something in large numbers. Most are even tee's with numbers and a name on the back not football jerseys, which many of us would love to have. If I am wrong I was lied to by many...Just say'n...

Reaction Score
You could not be more wrong. They do not have school issued jerseys, yes some a few may have a left over but what is being discussed here is something in large numbers. Most are even tee's with numbers and a name on the back not football jerseys, which many of us would love to have. If I am wrong I was lied to by many...Just say'n...

Here is what I do know. At the beginning of last season there was an email chain (which I ended up on probably because I sold Mr. Puyol a blue parking pass) asking for orders from parents of the players. Some ordered them. Some didn't. Whether those were for official jerseys through the school or not, I don't know. But I do know they ordered them from somewhere. I'm not making things up.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Regardless, its complete insanity that there isn't a way for us fans to order custom jerseys... If we want to be a "big boy" program, then we better start looking like one- fans included. I'm big on gear and merchandise, but still its just lunicy not to have these jerseys offered by the UConn Shop/Co-Op IMO.

Look at what I found on Fanactics (which UConn sells through online)... http://www.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Cus...Personalized_Fashion_Football_Jersey_-_Purple

You have to be kidding me, right? Haha

Reaction Score
Another cost of our "free" Nike rebranding. I'd put this one lower on the list than abandoning 75 years of tradition and lying about it, then bit(hing about a lack of tradition, designing an embarrassingly bad helmet, and a downloading a poor quality piece of clipart and calling it a new mascot. But its yet another example of how the fans pay for Warde's incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom