2014 Brice McAllister | The Boneyard

2014 Brice McAllister

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
From the land of tweets... @BMcAllister_3

As of today I officially verbally committed to the University of Connecticut. Thank you to everyone… http://post original url/LXcexp1ZzL

(Hat tip to HFD on this news!)

Reaction Score
Surprising. After Newsome committed, I figured that would be it for our RB commitments. I feel like this takes a scholly away from other positions we have a larger need for. Perhaps they're recruiting him as an athlete?

Reaction Score
I think we were due for a class with two true tailbacks, non fullback. These two are different type runners which I think is good to have also.

Reaction Score
Surprising. After Newsome committed, I figured that would be it for our RB commitments. I feel like this takes a scholly away from other positions we have a larger need for. Perhaps they're recruiting him as an athlete?

No way..Newsome's considered moreso APB... he's a smaller back.. we needed a bigger back too.. we got him in McAllister...

APA

Reaction Score
Other offers from Holy Cross, Fordham, Lafayette, Bryant, Albany, Monmouth and New Hampshire.

Reaction Score
Other offers from Holy Cross, Fordham, Lafayette, Bryant, Albany, Monmouth and New Hampshire.

Army was chasing him pretty hard. McAllister's dad is former Army.

Reaction Score
From the land of tweets... @BMcAllister_3

As of today I officially verbally committed to the University of Connecticut. Thank you to everyone… http://post original url/LXcexp1ZzL

(Hat tip to HFD on this news!)
Terrific! Welcome!

Reaction Score
JohnFSilver 3:25pm via WordPress.com
UConn gets commit from Suffield Academy RB
http://snyuconn.com/uconn/football/uconn-gets-commit-from-suffield-academy-rb/

>>He’s pretty dynamic,” Suffield Academy coach Drew Gamere said. “He’s explosive and versatile and has outstanding hands and can really do it all. He was New England Player of Year and had 28 touchdowns. He put up some good numbers for us.”

McAllister had a host of offers from FCS schools and also was receiving interest entering his senior year from high level FBS programs. McAllister is also an excellent student and was considering going to the Ivy League. In the end, the combination of academics and high-level football are what convinced McAlister to come to UConn according to Gamere.<<

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Dog Pound, Brice!!!

Reaction Score
5 recruits, 5 adds to O.

As the principal of the school from the movie The Incredibles said, "Coincidence? I think not!"

Reaction Score
I think we were due for a class with two true tailbacks, non fullback. These two are different type runners which I think is good to have also.

Love this kind of talk...

>>There is a small group of players who are elite football players in Connecticut and McAllister and Newsome played on the same 7-on-7 team and know each other well. When McAllister, 5-11 190-pounds, thinks of he and Newsome at UConn he doesn’t think about competition, he thinks about production.

“I know Arkeel,” McAllister said Monday night. “We played on the 7-on-7 teams. I feel we can be one of the best running back duos in the nation. I feel comfortable about UConn and what they to offer.”<<

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/football/mcallister-speaks-on-commitment/

Reaction Score
Love this kind of talk...

>>There is a small group of players who are elite football players in Connecticut and McAllister and Newsome played on the same 7-on-7 team and know each other well. When McAllister, 5-11 190-pounds, thinks of he and Newsome at UConn he doesn’t think about competition, he thinks about production.

“I know Arkeel,” McAllister said Monday night. “We played on the 7-on-7 teams. I feel we can be one of the best running back duos in the nation. I feel comfortable about UConn and what they to offer.”<<

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/football/mcallister-speaks-on-commitment/

It's a great quote. But as he didn't turn down any more prestigious offers to take ours, it's sort of meaningless, isn't it?

Reaction Score
It's a great quote. But as he didn't turn down any more prestigious offers to take ours, it's sort of meaningless, isn't it?

Truth be told BL, everything is meaningless until he's actually in school and starting in the backfield...

Reaction Score
Truth be told BL, everything is meaningless until he's actually in school and starting in the backfield...

Agree with that. I'm not one who worries a lot what anyone -- coaches are players -- say at press conferences.

Reaction Score
You're a lawyer... the only voice that matters is yours! :D

If you are not being sarcastic, if I give you the cell numbers for my wife and kids would you tell them that please? If you are being sarcastic -- do we know what is for dinner tonight dear?

Reaction Score

Ha!. With a comment like that, I'm making the assumption that you looked at his recruiting website profile and saw that Harvard and Columbia wanted him, but Yale didn't have him recruited. Had Yale been interested? Methinks you don't make that comment. "sticking my tongue out" THHPPTHHH!!

Reaction Score
Besides his offer from UConn, McAllister was also offered by Army, New Hampshire, Albany, Fordham, Lafayette, Holy Cross, Monmouth, Bryant, Columbia and Harvard.

Big time win here, good work PP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger