2014-15 Schedule | The Boneyard

2014-15 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some of the non conference games next season that have trickled out:

October 31-November 1: Liberty Invitational Tournament involving Yale, Princeton, and Merrimack

December 27-28: Frozen Holiday Classic involving Quinnipiac, Sacred Heart, and Union

@Quinnipiac

Brown. Do not know if it is home or away (Not official yet)

January 6: Home vs. Colorado College (Not official yet)

Hockey East opener home against Boston College

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It is probably unlikely we will play but one game against Colorado College, unless it is paired with someone like Denver or Air Force, and we are paired with another East Coast team.

Reaction Score
CC are playing an away weekend series against Providence January 3 and 4.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

October 31-November 1: Liberty Invitational Tournament involving Yale, Princeton, and Merrimack

December 27-28: Frozen Holiday Classic involving Quinnipiac, Sacred Heart, and Union

@Quinnipiac

Is the HE-B1G Challenge happening again this fall?

Reaction Score
The challenge is more than likely going to happen next year. Providence, Boston College, Boston University, UMass-Lowell, Northeastern, and Notre Dame are all scheduled to play Big Ten teams. Not every team is a part of the challenge. Does not look like UConn will be a part of it though.​

Reaction Score
Watching Union right now in the Frozen Four...the Frozen Tournament is going to have some really good teams in Union, QU, and even SHU.

Reaction Score
Is the HE-B1G Challenge happening again this fall?
Yes, though it's unlikely UConn will be a part of it, it's just a scheduling alliance anyways, not like the B1G-ACC basketball challenge. HE has twice as many teams as the B1G, so they're only going to schedule the best games.

Reaction Score

@Quinnipiac

A home game against RPI has been added. Do not know the date.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see us schedule some B1G teams as non-conference games. Games against OSU, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, PSU would be good draws for both of us. We can hit the mid-west B1G teams on our trip to South Bend for HE games.

Reaction Score
That was a pretty goal...looks like Union just put one of the final nails in UM's coffin

Reaction Score
A home game against RPI has been added. Do not know the date.
Mac you seem to have the inside track on Uconn Hockey (which is great to see). Do you know where us fans can view the schedule for next year ? Or could you kindly post the schedule here to the best of your knowedge-thank you.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mac you seem to have the inside track on Uconn Hockey (which is great to see). Do you know where us fans can view the schedule for next year ? Or could you kindy post the schedule here to the best of your knowedge-thank you.

This is all, at this juncture, informal based on what other schools are releasing, and there may be agreed upon games without dates; also, schools typically don't release their full schedule before the conference schedule has been fully determined.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?109768-2014-15-schedules - This thread (for this year; years prior have also had their own threads) is going to be going all spring and into the summer with the bits and pieces each school is able to put out, and rumored/confirmed single dates when they come through.

UConn has not, historically, been amongst the earliest to release their official schedule. In fact, they've typically been among the last.

LoveMeSomeUC

"My point being" James A. Calhoun
Reaction Score

@Quinnipiac

-----

Warde will for sure try to do a Michigan / Mich St. While in Detroit

Reaction Score
Home game vs RPI on November 18 at 7pm. The game will be played on campus at Storrs.

February 20: @ UNH

February 21: home vs UNH

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Home game vs RPI on November 18 at 7pm. The game will be played on campus at Storrs.

February 20: @ UNH

February 21: home vs UNH
The one benefit we have over ND as a HE member is this exact thing..home-in-home series. The fact our games are a reasonable drive is a benefit. The ND games are a royal pain in the a**

Reaction Score
FDNY99 said:
The ND games are a royal pain in the a**
Well, the latter charecterization is at least consistent with all things Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
I believe I read that Hockey East is going to a 22 game conference schedule next year with 12 teams. Is that accurate. And as a result we'll either be playing at Notre Dame or Notre Dame at home next season and alternate the following year. Probably doing the same with Maine, since its a fair trip from Storrs to Orono. Maybe Vermont, too. Certainly wouldn't work for back to back nights to Orono, though. Other than that everyone else is a pretty easy trip. except for those 3 it is really a nice bus league with every trip 2 hours or less, I'd say.

Reaction Score
Everyone except Notre Dame could be plausibly done as a home and home bus trip. UVM would be a hard trip, and doing Maine as a home and home strains on the available time, but...at least in those two situations, the pain would be mutually shared.

I think they'll make Maine and Notre Dame the two teams that nobody does anything but home x2 one year and away x2 the other, and UVM will fall into the "home and home" pattern.

One option available, though totally not a 100% traditional one, is that one does a "home and home" with everyone, but the outliers are conducted with a travel day in between, with either a Thursday-Saturday or Friday-Sunday pattern.

Reaction Score
Everyone except Notre Dame could be plausibly done as a home and home bus trip. UVM would be a hard trip, and doing Maine as a home and home strains on the available time, but...at least in those two situations, the pain would be mutually shared.

I think they'll make Maine and Notre Dame the two teams that nobody does anything but home x2 one year and away x2 the other, and UVM will fall into the "home and home" pattern.

One option available, though totally not a 100% traditional one, is that one does a "home and home" with everyone, but the outliers are conducted with a travel day in between, with either a Thursday-Saturday or Friday-Sunday pattern.
You'd almost have to fly to UMaine. Obviously you would to Notre Dame. But If I recall correctly Maine did 2 games at home and then single games away last year often with only single game weekends (or 2 away 1 home). I think sometimes they doubled up for the single road games like playing BU one night and UNH the next, but mostly when they had only the 1 home game against a team, they often played just that one game. UMaine is out there. And there is no great way to get there from here, UMass and especially Vermont, since there are no east-west highways in northern New England.

Reaction Score

The only team who plays home and home on the same weekend with Maine is UNH. Just about everyone does the same with UVM. With HE going to the 22 game schedule with two each per school, ND, Maine, and UVM will almost assuredly be two games per year same site, same weekend alternating sites. Only other possibility for UVM/Maine would be one home game per school on different weekends during the season, though that would basically mean you could only play one game that weekend, unless it was a Sunday afternoon, which no one likes. PC buses to Maine, I suspect UConn will as well, no use flying to Bangor, it'd be more of a hassle than driving.

Reaction Score
The only team who plays home and home on the same weekend with Maine is UNH. Just about everyone does the same with UVM. With HE going to the 22 game schedule with two each per school, ND, Maine, and UVM will almost assuredly be two games per year same site, same weekend alternating sites. Only other possibility for UVM/Maine would be one home game per school on different weekends during the season, though that would basically mean you could only play one game that weekend, unless it was a Sunday afternoon, which no one likes. PC buses to Maine, I suspect UConn will as well, no use flying to Bangor, it'd be more of a hassle than driving.
Well, you would have to charter for sure but Bangor International is about 15-20 minutes from the UMaine Campus. It isn't a bad airport. Small, easy to negotiate and such. It isn't LaGuardia, but it is better than Tweed. I have no idea how UConn would travel, but flying into Bangor wouldn't be a bad trip in my estimation. But I agree, UVM, maine and Notre Dame would probably be 2 games at the same site for UConn.

Reaction Score
They're not getting charters anywhere. Not even the high-powered programs charter, much less to fly 300 miles.

Reaction Score
Well, you would have to charter for sure but Bangor International is about 15-20 minutes from the UMaine Campus. It isn't a bad airport. Small, easy to negotiate and such. It isn't LaGuardia, but it is better than Tweed. I have no idea how UConn would travel, but flying into Bangor wouldn't be a bad trip in my estimation. But I agree, UVM, maine and Notre Dame would probably be 2 games at the same site for UConn.
Assuming an equal number of home and road games (which is obviously true) you would need to have an equal number of same-site games at home and on the road. And then the rest are home-and-home. That means you would either need zero, two, or four. (You could in theory go to six, eight or ten but I don't see that happening.) Either UNH joins that list or UVM isn't on it. You can't do it with exactly three teams or you'll have 12 home games and 10 road games (or vice versa.)

And you can't say everyone plays Maine and Notre Dame two games at the same site. At least one team has to play them home-and-home. Otherwise you run into the same problem. My guess is they just have everyone play everyone home and home because otherwise it's way too complicated.

Reaction Score
Assuming an equal number of home and road games (which is obviously true) you would need to have an equal number of same-site games at home and on the road. And then the rest are home-and-home. That means you would either need zero, two, or four. (You could in theory go to six, eight or ten but I don't see that happening.) Either UNH joins that list or UVM isn't on it. You can't do it with exactly three teams or you'll have 12 home games and 10 road games (or vice versa.)

And you can't say everyone plays Maine and Notre Dame two games at the same site. At least one team has to play them home-and-home. Otherwise you run into the same problem. My guess is they just have everyone play everyone home and home because otherwise it's way too complicated.
Equal number of home/away isn't necessarily guaranteed. But to make it that way, the way it'd be done is home and home with everyone but UVM/Maine/ND, that's 16, then two with ND alternating site each year, then for UVM/Maine, one or both would be one game one weekend at one site, then another game at the other site some point down the road. This would likely be for one of the two schools, and the other would be two the same weekend. If you're at ND that year, it'd be Maine or UVM at home for two, then vice versa next year. No one in my memory has done a same weekend home/home with UVM. Travel is too far, and weather too unpredictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom