2013 Starting D-Backs | The Boneyard

2013 Starting D-Backs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On the DB’s (Corners and Safety’s)... let’s start at the Corners , but before I start, IMO this is truly wide open and I expect some shifting to occur all year long and let’s not forget there most likely will be some new coaches in place that might view players and schemes differently. All in all it should be fun watching this all develop...

At Corner, Taylor Mack and David Stevenson, though quick and tough both are really small in stature, but they have experience. Luckley for us Byron Jones has some good experience at Corner and there are plenty of talented/tall Safety’s on the team. So to start the season off, I see Jones and Mack as the starting corners with Stevenson as the nickel back. We have seen little from Tyree Clark up to this point and Javhon Williams will be a rs-freshman, but at least both of these players have some height. There is also a possibility that Andrew Adams and rs-freshman Ellis Marder might be given a shot at Corner…

At Safety, Ty-Meer Brown and Andrew Adams would then seem to have those starting positions pretty much locked up (with Jones possibly moving to Corner). That would leave some talented guys battling it out for the 2-deep. Wilbert Lee should be a lock as one, with the 3 rs-freshman Jordan Floyd, Ellis Marder and Obi Melifonwu in the mix big time…

Reaction Score
The CB position is by far the most alarming. Mack has shown glimpses, but has been terribly inconsinstent (at best). I won't be surprised one bit if Jones is moved to CB. And from what I've heard, the staff is considering Marder for a CB spot because of the young depth they like at the Safety position. I'm not sure Lee has anything locked up as he's an Edsall recruit. Does P view this year as the time to get "his guys" on the field? Don't know.

Best guess starting CB's are Jones and Stephenson with Mack, Williams, and Marder in the mix. Starting Safeties are Brown and Adams with Floyd, Melifonwu, and Lee pressing for time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom