2013 Revisited | The Boneyard

2013 Revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With all the public perception of how terrible UCONN was last year, here's a little reminder:

1. UCONN finished 6th in the conference, no where near the bottom.

2. UCONN beat Big Ten bound Rutgers by two scores and finished ahead of them in the conference standings.

3. UCONN dismantled Memphis by 5 TD's in the final week of the season.

4. Casey Cochran set the all-time school record with 461 passing yards against Memphis.

5. UCONN outscored their opponents 101-48 the final three weeks of the season.

6. UCONN only gave up 16 points per game the final 3 weeks of the season.

7. UCONN scored 34 points per game over the final 3 weeks of the season.

8. UCONN is currently on a 3 game winning streak.

Sounds a little better than all the snarcky 'UCONN didn't win a game last year' comments heard around the country, egh???

Reaction Score
We really have to revisit this again? While I appreciate the effort and life that Weist brought to the table during that run, those 3 teams were beyond terrible.

Offensive Line. Defensive Line. Replacing Smallwood. Special Teams.

All huge question marks going into this year. We're playing a terrible schedule that may get us to 6 or 7 wins and a bowl game. I seriously don't know how people can legitimately EXPECT more than that.

Reaction Score
Been wondering how to appropriately respond to this. There is good that happened at the end of last season. Mostly 'intangible' mental stuff - IMNSHO. Somehow, the team pulled together against less than imposing competition and played well. Early in the season, against much different competition (Maryland & Michigan for example) the team played physically well for stretches and competed but crumbled mentally. Middle of the season was entirely forgetful, because if you remember it, just makes you sick.

How whatever it was carries over to the 2014 season is important, but it is no way any predictor of what 2014 will be.

I think what every single person that follows this program, or is directly involved with this program should have is realistic expectations, and that should be consistent among everytong - and that is simple.

To play solid, disciplined, mentally tough football from start to finish.

Where the goals and expectations build from there, will be different for everyone, but the foundation of solid, disciplined, mentally tough football played from start to finish, needs to be there for everybody.

Reaction Score
We were starting to have success moving the ball that cannot be denied. However we are back at the beginning. New offensive coordinator. Different plays/philosophy. . Really need to beat Boise/byu. Wins there will be more impressive open more eyes than six wins over lower aac teams

Reaction Score
Well Jerry Palm sees some light at the end of tunnel, and the PPGDL train has left the station so...

I'll take 'Cuse in Military Bowl or any bowl for that matter! And I also don't care that it's a meaningless prediction on May either!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

(second from the bottom)

I had to rub my eyes a few times to make sure he is actually predicting Tulsa to make a bowl game.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
3 wins, losses to Towson and Buffalo. No need to speak of it again.

Reaction Score
no offense but 25K aint P5. We need to count the students and ushers, a la rutgers, and start publicizing crowds far in excess of what show up. Hell, I say we count every one on Silver Lane the day of a game. We need to throw out numbers that beg for expansion of the stadium.

Reaction Score
and here is what we bring out around here when someone wants to drag up '13 - just give it a shake

etch-a-sketch_0.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member