2013 QB Tim Boyle from Xavier has a UConn offer per BC Rivals Article | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2013 QB Tim Boyle from Xavier has a UConn offer per BC Rivals Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
lmfao this is the best ct thread yet

Reaction Score
Unfortunately I think our first hand observations of players has value that the film other coaches see can't provide. Under this regime, I think our guys know the CT players pretty well so we don't rely on the boards. I hope we're doing the same to them but it would be nice to stop the bleeding of good players to leeching schools that aren't natural rivals. I see why they do it, but this whole Iowa thing calls for some line in the concrete.

Reaction Score
Occasionally you need to read into a statement and not just read it. Or look up previous posts on this player. We have spies in Iowa and at PSU and BC looking at every potential recruit of ours because they're scared to death of us. And I'm pretty sure that white stuff outside is snow. But thanks for selling him short now that you've figured out the strategy.

Didn't even think of that, because I don't really think that is what is happening. But it is very weird how we (on this board) hear about a guy who the coaches are high on and a short time after Iowa and other schools are all over them. Hoping PP can turn UConn into a big time national recruiting machine that can compete with schools like Iowa, BC, etc.

Reaction Score
Didn't even think of that, because I don't really think that is what is happening. But it is very weird how we (on this board) hear about a guy who the coaches are high on and a short time after Iowa and other schools are all over them. Hoping PP can turn UConn into a big time national recruiting machine that can compete with schools like Iowa, BC, etc.

Agreed. But it's more than weird.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
^^^ I intimated this to Bob Litchenfels last week and, for what it's worth, he agrees that it's very uncanny...

Reaction Score
Xavier alumni, as well as UConn alumni. Boyle has talent, smarts on/off field, has had great HS coaching, and is a WINNER (27-0 last two years, two consecutive state championships)! I look forward to the day when UConn football is at the stage where we don't need/want a guy like Boyle.

Reaction Score
Xavier alumni, as well as UConn alumni. Boyle has talent, smarts on/off field, has had great HS coaching, and is a WINNER (27-0 last two years, two consecutive state championships)! I look forward to the day when UConn football is at the stage where we don't need/want a guy like Boyle.
34, alumnus is singular. Alumni is plural. You and I are UCONN Alumni. You are an Alumus of Xavier (well traditionally, alumnus refers to the university where you recieved your undergraduate degree, but it has come into more general usage of late as any school of which you are a graduate. Traditonally one would never be an alumnus of a high school, but it is acceptable in this more egalitarian era. No single person woud be an alumni of any institution.) sorry to be an a7shole, but that mistake drives me insane.

Now that we have that out of the way, a general comment on recruiting. Part of the job of a coach is to, in a sense, peer into the future and determine what the a kid might be in a couple of years with better coaching, time in the weight room, better or more consistent nutrition and so on. I'm not saying it is the case here, but sometimes you see a kid who is simply more developed and blows the high school competition away, but is really at his peak while another kid is not quite as advanced physically, hence not quite as dominant, but has a much higher upside as he matures. I've seen Boyle play. I have not seen Brown play, so I can't comment on the specifics of that situation.

Reaction Score
Xavier alumnus, as well as UConn alumnus. Boyle has talent, smarts on/off field, has had great HS coaching, and is a WINNER (27-0 last two years, two consecutive state championships)! I look forward to the day when UConn football is at the stage where we don't need/want a guy like Boyle.
Freescooter, most a7shole's are not really sorry they are just a7shole's. I hope you can now regain your sanity!

Reaction Score
Xavier alumnus, as well as UConn alumnus. Boyle has talent, smarts on/off field, has had great HS coaching, and is a WINNER (27-0 last two years, two consecutive state championships)! I look forward to the day when UConn football is at the stage where we don't need/want a guy like Boyle.
Freescooter, most a7shole's are not really sorry they are just a7shole's. I hope you can now regain your sanity!

That was one of the least dickish things he has written here, it could have been worse than him going all William Safire on you.

Reaction Score
So I shouldn't offer to correct the unneeded apostrophe is as? So, anyway....I need to do more research on him, but based on the little I know about him, he needs to hit the weight room.

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more. Seems like a bit of a log jam (on paper) for him with Whitmer and Cochran coming in next season. IMO he has a better chance of getting on the field elsewhere. Of course this is before either one or current QB's on the Huskies roster step and prove themselves. Still wouldn't mind seeing him in Storrs.

Couldn't disagree more. Until (and that's a big UNTIL) someone from UConn proves that they actually can lead a legitimate BCS passing attack, you need to keep recruiting at the QB position. Can't think of many other big time schools that would provide a BETTER chance of getting on the field than UConn. The QB position has been a trainwreck thus it immediately becomes the land of opportunity for any H.S. passer. UNTIL, that is, the situation is corrected.

Reaction Score
Not to say other schools don't have talent at the QB position. Kids just want to play, and play early. With a highly recruited freshman this year and a highly recruited JUCO transfer here for 3 more years, plus the three guys already on the roster, there is a lot of talent already on the roster before he can even sign and come to UConn. But, I do agree this team needs depth at every position to make guys out work each other and be the best they can be.

If he's a talent worthy of playing at a good BCS team as the QB, and if he wants to play and play early . . . then UConn is definitely the place for him to be. "Not to say other schools don't have talent at the QB position"? That's like the Miami Dolphins saying that "it's not like the Patriots and Giants don't have talent at the QB position". UConn is currently in no position to make comparisons about other programs QB talent level.

Reaction Score
34, alumnus is singular. Alumni is plural. You and I are UCONN Alumni. You are an Alumus of Xavier (well traditionally, alumnus refers to the university where you recieved your undergraduate degree, but it has come into more general usage of late as any school of which you are a graduate. Traditonally one would never be an alumnus of a high school, but it is acceptable in this more egalitarian era. No single person woud be an alumni of any institution.) sorry to be an a7shole, but that mistake drives me insane.

Now that we have that out of the way, a general comment on recruiting. Part of the job of a coach is to, in a sense, peer into the future and determine what the a kid might be in a couple of years with better coaching, time in the weight room, better or more consistent nutrition and so on. I'm not saying it is the case here, but sometimes you see a kid who is simply more developed and blows the high school competition away, but is really at his peak while another kid is not quite as advanced physically, hence not quite as dominant, but has a much higher upside as he matures. I've seen Boyle play. I have not seen Brown play, so I can't comment on the specifics of that situation.
Learned something new today - alumnus - alumni. And this drives you insane - medicate soon.

Reaction Score
We have a logjam at QB? We ... (UCONN) ... has a logjam at QB?!? ... omg ... January is the funniest month in college football

Best post of the spring. Back up the bus and get in as many QB's (per recruiting class) until this situation exists never again. There needs to be an All Big East caliber passer. His back-up needs to be a year or two (depending on the starter's eligibility) away from being All Big East Caliber. The scout team QB needs to be a red shirt, future All Big East Caliber passer. And the next in line (for All Big East Caliber passer) needs to red shirt in his freshman year. Hyperbole to be sure, but it underscores the pathetic QB situation that persists at UConn (until proven otherwise by a QB starting this fall). Don't wanna "complicated offense", youthful, hasn't taken a snap, etc., etc., A QB at the BCS level should be someone that is highly sought after (by other BCS programs) and possessing the skills (and arm) necessary to compete at this level. So let 'em compete. I for one want to see a better future for the UConn passing game. I deal with the mistakes, just want to see positives.

pj

Reaction Score
There needs to be an All Big East caliber passer. His back-up needs to be a year or two (depending on the starter's eligibility) away from being All Big East Caliber. The scout team QB needs to be a red shirt, future All Big East Caliber passer. And the next in line (for All Big East Caliber passer) needs to red shirt in his freshman year.

And a pony.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
^^^ I intimated this to Bob Litchenfels last week and, for what it's worth, he agrees that it's very uncanny...

I lost the thread here. Could you elaborate please?

caw

Reaction Score

Aren't you assuming gender?

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I lost the thread here. Could you elaborate please?

I'm kinda fuzzy on it, but I believe I replied to one of Litchenfels' tweets at the time mentioning Iowa's jumping in late on a lot of UConn's recruits, and he intimated that it was trend he noticed as well.

Nothing big enough to rile up Conspiracy Kitty or anything like that - just a mutual observation, that's all...

Reaction Score
Boyle runs like Lorenzen and may be a passer like Orlovsky. Still don't want him? I would love to see what he can do here. In the one game I saw him play against a decent playoff defense he really showed some ability, and his coach was tough on him. That leads me to believe he can compete at this level. Now he did have a good team around him for sure. But I'm just a fan who was impressed.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
not trying to take this ot, but i was told that boyles backup this fall is also a stud in the making, little raw. could be a better 1-2 qb combo than what xavier had last year which is crazy. we need to land boyle and then the next great ct qb in 2014!!!

STAY HOME AND PLAY FOR CONNECTICUT TIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: pj

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
lol my bad they are right next to each other on the keyboard.

Reaction Score
Yeesh! Hope our recruiters get it right... you get some passes due to volume!

pj

Reaction Score
It's easy to mix up Tom Tim Brady Boyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom