2013 QB Tim Boyle from Xavier has a UConn offer per BC Rivals Article | The Boneyard

2013 QB Tim Boyle from Xavier has a UConn offer per BC Rivals Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Isn't that Boeing's year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Isn't that Boeing's year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot, I wanted to say something to that effect an hour ago but I hesitated, so you get first dibs on this.

Bask in it, son!...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
we might end up offering 3 qbs from ct before its all over next feb. boyle and boeing can both goto uconn if they want. and i hope so....

Reaction Score
2011 QB Tim Boyle's highlights. I believe he only played in 6 games because of injury.

Reaction Score
Went to a number of Xavier games this year, and this kid can throw the ball a mile and with really good accuracy. Happy to see we're making a move on him.

Reaction Score
Goes to my HS alma mater. Good height 6'4" a little skinny in appearance, but definitely has a great arm and can throw the deep ball. I attended the state championship game against Staples. He had two passes, his first was a 58 (i believe was the total distance) TD pass, threw it 50 yards hitting the receiver in stride. His second pass was an INT. I liked what I saw and his highlights look good. Split time with D'Amato the last two years and should be the full time starter next season. He has good footwork, can avoid pass rush and scramble to pick up yards when needed. One thing I liked is he can run one way and throw across his body with accuracy and zip and he is not afraid to stand in the pocket and take a hit when getting the football out. I like everything I have seen from, just not sure how "proven" he is. Certainly a good project prospect with a great arm and a good student from what I hear.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
His only problem is he needs to hit the weight room and put on about 20 pounds or so. He has a big time arm and can move well enough to avoid the rush. Should do well at the camps this spring and summer.
Hope he ends up at UConn next year,.

Reaction Score
His only problem is he needs to hit the weight room and put on about 20 pounds or so. He has a big time arm and can move well enough to avoid the rush. Should do well at the camps this spring and summer.
Hope he ends up at UConn next year,.

Couldn't agree more. Seems like a bit of a log jam (on paper) for him with Whitmer and Cochran coming in next season. IMO he has a better chance of getting on the field elsewhere. Of course this is before either one or current QB's on the Huskies roster step and prove themselves. Still wouldn't mind seeing him in Storrs.

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more. Seems like a bit of a log jam (on paper) for him with Whitmer and Cochran coming in next season. IMO he has a better chance of getting on the field elsewhere. Of course this is before either one or current QB's on the Huskies roster step and prove themselves. Still wouldn't mind seeing him in Storrs.
We have a logjam at QB? We ... (UCONN) ... has a logjam at QB?!? ... omg ... January is the funniest month in college football

Reaction Score
We have a logjam at QB? We ... (UCONN) ... has a logjam at QB?!? ... omg ... January is the funniest month in college football

Hence, why I said "on paper" Cochran, who mind you is the CT gatorade state POY the last two years is here for 4 years plus JUCO transfer Whitmer has 3 years of eligibility left. The incumbent McEntee, Wildcat QB McCummings and Nebrich all still in the mix. 5 QB's, 4 of which will have 3 years of eligibility or more. If any pan out, I'd say somewhat of a logjam yes.

Reaction Score
so. no other D1 program has the stable pf UCONN QB's?
If Boeing or Boyle doesnt pick UCONN beacuse of our dearth of talent at QB, then what does that say about his confidence?
Let the kid pick a school where he's comfortble. He'll be ther 5 years.
Every BCS school has talnt at QB. Earn it goshdarn it!

Reaction Score
Not to say other schools don't have talent at the QB position. Kids just want to play, and play early. With a highly recruited freshman this year and a highly recruited JUCO transfer here for 3 more years, plus the three guys already on the roster, there is a lot of talent already on the roster before he can even sign and come to UConn. But, I do agree this team needs depth at every position to make guys out work each other and be the best they can be.

STD

Reaction Score
with 5 QB's on the roster I think we should make McCummings a full time WR. He is a play maker and does us no good being n the bench and can also have a wildcat package. Also did UCONN really offer Boeing Brown? Can't find that anywhere.

Reaction Score
with 5 QB's on the roster I think we should make McCummings a full time WR. He is a play maker and does us no good being n the bench and can also have a wildcat package. Also did UCONN really offer Boeing Brown? Can't find that anywhere.

I can't find it anywhere either. I'd say McCummings days as a passer are over, before they even started. I think he will remain the wildcat QB.

Reaction Score

I still feel he needs another year of evaluation and work as a passer. He is still young in his development, he certainly can improve as a passer. If there is limited improvement, if he is able to help as a receiver, then by all means switch him (while still allowing him to be the wildcat qb, a role he got better and better at as the year went on). Many schools have done this.

Reaction Score
I can't find it anywhere either. I'd say McCummings days as a passer are over, before they even started. I think he will remain the wildcat QB.

Right. I also expect that the Wildcat formations will significantly decline, IF Chandler Whitmer or Mike Nebrich or Casey Cochran is ready to take the reigns next year.

Reaction Score
First off Boeing is being looked at by the best college programs in the country UConn can have 10 QB's and he would still feel he has a better chance playing here then say a sec front runner. I agree completely that McCummings is a good athlete and should be moved to WR. I also agree if one of our QBs shows he can throw the ball effectively we wont see the wildcat as much maybe redzone only.. I really feel SM can be a good WR and even with the WR position looking more promising lately, unfortunetly some of the guys wont pan out.usually for a QB switching to WR it takes time to develop so hopefully if they feel he can play WR they make the switch right away. With redshirt possibilitys,transferring,and position moves their may not be such a "logjam," lol at QB by the time Boeing makes his choice. Hate to say it but I don't think he is coming here anyways. If,a BIG IF we can find a consistent down field passer out of the bunch and at least 2 hopefully 3 of our many young WR's prove they can play good D1 level ball I think we will have a chance at the BE again. Our defense shouldn't be a problem I expect to be really good defensively next year.

Reaction Score
Boyle isn't very good. Terrible athlete, can't throw, poor decision maker. Tall but awkward. Weak arm. Definitely not my favorite. It didn't snow today either. However, I wouldn't be devastated if he signed with us.

Reaction Score
Boyle isn't very good. Terrible athlete, can't throw, poor decision maker. Tall but awkward. Weak arm. Definitely not my favorite. It didn't snow today either. However, I wouldn't be devastated if he signed with us.

???

Reaction Score

lolwut.jpg

Reaction Score

I don't understand this. Just about every school takes a QB in every class. And when people get there and see their pathway to the field blocked, they move on. Whitmer will be gone by the time Boyle would be a RS Sophomore, for crying out loud, and it's not like either Cochrane or Whitmer has proven they're going to be a long term starters.

Reaction Score
Not one of our young QB's has proven a thing at this level. I would welcome a logjam at this position as opposed to going through what we endured in 05 & 06.

Reaction Score
I don't understand this. Just about every school takes a QB in every class. And when people get there and see their pathway to the field blocked, they move on. Whitmer will be gone by the time Boyle would be a RS Sophomore, for crying out loud, and it's not like either Cochrane or Whitmer has proven they're going to be a long term starters.

Again I know no one has proven themselves. But Cochran and Whitmer come in way more proven at their previous level than Boyle. I agree the kid has great talent and a great arm. I just think he may take some time to develop. Just might not get a chance to play until later in his career. But like I said, I wouldn't mind brining him in.

Reaction Score

Occasionally you need to read into a statement and not just read it. Or look up previous posts on this player. We have spies in Iowa and at PSU and BC looking at every potential recruit of ours because they're scared to death of us. And I'm pretty sure that white stuff outside is snow. But thanks for selling him short now that you've figured out the strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom