2013 PG Austin Pope | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2013 PG Austin Pope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very odd list..
Yes, it is indeed. There were rumors that his ranking was supposed to move up, but I think all of his recent transfers have made it difficult for him to be re-evaluated.
His recent history:
Was a senior at Burbank high in 2011-2012.
Transferred to La Jolla prep during the winter break that season and reclassified to a junior.
Apparently transferred to LA City Prep to start his new Senior year.
Apparently Wound up at Cathedral prep for the 2012-2013 season.
I say apparently because there is no available info about the Cathedral prep-level program. I had heard it was cancelled, but I guess that was just a rumor. Cathedral also has a high school varsity program, but Pope would be ineligible for that since this is his 5th academic year in California.

Reaction Score
Yes, it is indeed. There were rumors that his ranking was supposed to move up, but I think all of his recent transfers have made it difficult for him to be re-evaluated.
His recent history:
Was a senior at Burbank high in 2011-2012.
Transferred to La Jolla prep during the winter break that season and reclassified to a junior.
Apparently transferred to LA City Prep to start his new Senior year.
Apparently Wound up at Cathedral prep for the 2012-2013 season.
I say apparently because there is no available info about the Cathedral prep-level program. I had heard it was cancelled, but I guess that was just a rumor. Cathedral also has a high school varsity program, but Pope would be ineligible for that since this is his 5th academic year in California.
Pomonoa, is it accurate to say he was considered the 3rd best PG in CA in the 2012 class before he reclassified? I read in a couple of articles and figured you would be in the know since you're usually up on things when it comes to Cali hoops.

Reaction Score
Pomonoa, is it accurate to say he was considered the 3rd best PG in CA in the 2012 class before he reclassified? I read in a couple of articles and figured you would be in the know since you're usually up on things when it comes to Cali hoops.
Honestly, the only time I saw Pope play (one of the Pump n Run, Pump elite or Double Pump teams, can't remember which one), I didn't even know who it was, but he turned a few heads (he seemed like more of a 2/3 than a 1). 2012 was a weak year for PGs in Cali, so it is possible that he could be in the top 3 for 2012. Other than Artis from up north, I can't think of any that signed at high major D1 schools.
Anyhow, I have a friend whose son plays for the Cathedral High Varsity team. I'll ask if he knows anything about Austin Pope and the Cathedral 'Prep' team.

Reaction Score
He's to Arizona, which might help with Jordan Mclaughlin.
I really hope so. Jordan is bigger and more athletic than Parker and can do everything equally as well. Plus, he comes from a HS program that emphasizes defense first (Etiwanda High).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom