2013 Gold Glove Winners | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2013 Gold Glove Winners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cano epitomizes today's Yankees. Talented, but doesn't hustle, happy with good enough. Looking for awards for managing a team 12 games out of 1st.

And guess what you epitomize?:rolleyes:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Thoughtfulness and reason in a sea of insanity?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
No is my answer for him earning the GG and being better than Cano. And you guys thinking it's definitely deserving because the players and coaches vote, are the same schmucks who said years back that Jeter didn't deserve it. So while I agree most years Derek may not have deserved it, therein lies the proof of the GG award being a popularity contest many times! And it could've happened once again - but no chance according to you guys!! LOL........

Oh yeah and take your choice Hamiton or Cabrera.......or his teammate Youk? Pedroia had a very good year, his best, but wasn't an MVP year....... .304/32/130 is a little better!

People are paying much more attention to defensive metrics these days. Jeter wouldn't have won all of those GGs in this climate.

The question over whether Pedroia or Cano is better defensively is not a difficult one to answer. Look, I think Cano is a better overall player, but when the numbers back up the "eye test" (unlike when Jeter won all those GGs), it's pretty hard to dispute that the right guy won the GG. You don't really have a comeback so I don't quite understand why you're continuing to fight this.

Reaction Score
People are paying much more attention to defensive metrics these days. Jeter wouldn't have won all of those GGs in this climate.

The question over whether Pedroia or Cano is better defensively is not a difficult one to answer. Look, I think Cano is a better overall player, but when the numbers back up the "eye test" (unlike when Jeter won all those GGs), it's pretty hard to dispute that the right guy won the GG. You don't really have a comeback so I don't quite understand why you're continuing to fight this.

It's hard for a Red Sox fan to dispute but Cano covers more ground on the eye test w/o diving all the time, he makes plays up the middle with ease that no 2nd baseman has ever made including your supposed GG guy......sorry but they got it wrong. "metrics" can be disputed easily because they are relative!

Reaction Score
It's hard for a Red Sox fan to dispute but Cano covers more ground on the eye test w/o diving all the time, he makes plays up the middle with ease that no 2nd baseman has ever made including your supposed GG guy......sorry but they got it wrong. "metrics" can be disputed easily because they are relative!
We can talk about eye tests all we want and one fanbases eyes see one thing and the other fanbases eye see another.
Apparently the defensive metrics eye test is in and the result is that Mau needs glasses.

Reaction Score
We can talk about eye tests all we want and one fanbases eyes see one thing and the other fanbases eye see another.
Apparently the defensive metrics eye test is in and the result is that Mau needs glasses.

Yeah coming from you everyone is on board. C'mon dopey you can't be that stupid........being a fan of the game and knowing Jeter won as many as he did and all Sox fans were in an uproar?? Eh maybe you are, you certainly have proved it lately for sure!

Reaction Score
Yeah coming from you everyone is on board. C'mon dopey you can't be that stupid........being a fan of the game and knowing Jeter won as many as he did and all Sox fans were in an uproar?? Eh maybe you are, you certainly have proved it lately for sure!
Call me dopey, stupid, whatever. But again, I'll come back to my main point here.

Those who think Pedroia had a better defensive year than Cano:
Sox fans
Managers/Coaches
Defensive Metrics

Those who thought Cano had a better defensive year than Pedroia:
Yankees fans

Managers and coaches do sometimes screw it up, but when several defensive metrics back up pedroia as the best defensive 2B of 2013, I'm not sure why you are really arguing that Pedroia can't hold Cano's jock. I don't think anyone's jock is being held here but if there is jock holding going on it is by Cano.

Reaction Score
Call me dopey, stupid, whatever. But again, I'll come back to my main point here.

Those who think Pedroia had a better defensive year than Cano:
Sox fans
Managers/Coaches
Defensive Metrics

Those who thought Cano had a better defensive year than Pedroia:
Yankees fans

Managers and coaches do sometimes screw it up, but when several defensive metrics back up pedroia as the best defensive 2B of 2013, I'm not sure why you are really arguing that Pedroia can't hold Cano's jock. I don't think anyone's jock is being held here but if there is jock holding going on it is by Cano.

Nice one - but let me get back to my point......they are the same coaches and players who voted Jeter in those years that all Sox fans said he wasn't deserving....I know you're not real bright but try to see my point Vike dude! It's not all about who's best all the time, it's about who they like a lot. Try to think this one through........and this one is a tough call, tougher that I care to admit. The point I make is it's funny how NOW all of a sudden they definitely got it right.......why? because Vike says so!! Laughable pal.....laughable. They're both real good.........it's too close to call maybe but as fans we like ours!! That's all.....but amuse yourself some more with your spew! LOL

Reaction Score
Pedroia wins Wilson American defensive player of the year. Cano took Silver Slugger. Can't go wrong with either one of them.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Bill Madden said Pedey is "clearly the better player."

Reaction Score
Bill Madden said Pedey is "clearly the better player."

Can you provide a link to this? I read the Daily News everyday and never have seen this.

Reaction Score
Nice one - but let me get back to my point......they are the same coaches and players who voted Jeter in those years that all Sox fans said he wasn't deserving....I know you're not real bright but try to see my point Vike dude! It's not all about who's best all the time, it's about who they like a lot. Try to think this one through........and this one is a tough call, tougher that I care to admit. The point I make is it's funny how NOW all of a sudden they definitely got it right.......why? because Vike says so!! Laughable pal.....laughable. They're both real good.........it's too close to call maybe but as fans we like ours!! That's all.....but amuse yourself some more with your spew! LOL
Just because some of the managers/coaches may have been wrong at times, it doesn't mean they are always wrong. I included managers/coaches as part of a list on Pedroia's side. When they are backed up by defensive stats, then you can't really keep harping that Sox fans and baseball people are being tricked because Pedroia dives for everything and gets dirty while Cano has incredible range and never has to dive. It doesn't fly. Your eyes are the ones getting tricked.

Pedroia has won the gold glove and now the AL Wilson defensive player of the year - not just for 2B but for all AL defenders. The gold glove voting was based on opinion obviously, but the voters were also provided statistics to help in their voting.
Meanwhile, Wilson's defensive awards are determined as follows:
Founded in 2012, the Wilson Defensive Player of the Year Award winners are determined by using a formula that balances scouting information, sabermetric analysis and basic fielding statistics.

But yeah, keep telling me how Pedroia can't hold Cano's jockstrap when you're talking about spew.

Reaction Score
Just because some of the managers/coaches may have been wrong at times, it doesn't mean they are always wrong. I included managers/coaches as part of a list on Pedroia's side. When they are backed up by defensive stats, then you can't really keep harping that Sox fans and baseball people are being tricked because Pedroia dives for everything and gets dirty while Cano has incredible range and never has to dive. It doesn't fly. Your eyes are the ones getting tricked.

Pedroia has won the gold glove and now the AL Wilson defensive player of the year - not just for 2B but for all AL defenders. The gold glove voting was based on opinion obviously, but the voters were also provided statistics to help in their voting.
Founded in 2012, the Wilson Defensive Player of the Year Award winners are determined by using a formula that balances scouting information, sabermetric analysis and basic fielding statistics.

But yeah, keep telling me how Pedroia can't hold Cano's jockstrap when you're talking about spew.

Oh good, were using numbers then. Last four years Pedroia's WAR is 22.5 (This includes defense) and Cano's WAR is 29.7. So, according to the numbers, Cano is 25% better than Pedroia over the last four years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Baseball's over anyway who cares.........read zyron below......not quite jock strap material but OBVIOUSLY a better play all around. And you're the "numbers" geek! LOL

And fielding can't have "metrics" unless they attach things like "Who LIKES to dive more" and "Who HAS to dive more" and "Who makes plays up the middle no one else can make and make them look like candy?"....LOL keep spewing I'll watch UConn basketball!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Can you provide a link to this? I read the Daily News everyday and never have seen this.

I heard him say it on the radio.

Reaction Score
Oh good, were using numbers then. Last four years Pedroia's WAR is 22.5 (This includes defense) and Cano's WAR is 29.7. So, according to the numbers, Cano is 25% better than Pedroia over the last four years.

Isn't WAR accumulating during the year, meaning if you're injured your WAR suffers? Is that why you went back 4 years so you could use Pedroia's 2010 season where he missed about 90 games with a broken foot?

I'll use the last 3 years of WAR and dWAR (defense) since both players have been relatively healthy although to Pedroia's credit he played all year with a torn ligament in his thumb:

Last 3 years of WAR
Pedroia - 19.3
Cano - 21.5

Last 3 years of dWAR (defense)
Pedroia - 6.0
Cano - 3.5

So Cano is valued as a slightly better all around player - which is no surprise due to his offensive numbers, while Pedroia is valued as a better fielder. Which is what Ive been saying. It's not just an eye test, there are plenty of defensive statistics to support it as well.

I'm surprised very few if any Yankees fans are willing to admit they might be wrong when it comes to who the better defensive player is. It's basically NY fans and then on the other side there's everyone else.

Reaction Score
And fielding can't have "metrics" unless they attach things like "Who LIKES to dive more" and "Who HAS to dive more" and "Who makes plays up the middle no one else can make and make them look like candy?"....LOL keep spewing I'll watch UConn basketball!

Metrics are nice because they give you something that was created without human emotion and human eye tests. Probably not wise to always go by eye tests.

Reaction Score
Again 5'5" vs 6'2"? Explain....instead of blah blah blah blah yes tests and blah blah blah metrics? Suddenly it matters for Pedey but when Jeter wasn't the best SS it didn't - you guys are not only stupid you're ignorant!

It's UConn basketball season anyway who cares.......congrats to Pedey for his "hustle award" too......it was a good year for the little guy!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Again 5'5" vs 6'2"? Explain....instead of blah blah blah blah yes tests and blah blah blah metrics? Suddenly it matters for Pedey but when Jeter wasn't the best SS it didn't - you guys are not only stupid you're ignorant!

It's UConn basketball season anyway who cares.......congrats to Pedey for his "hustle award" too......it was a good year for the little guy!
God you are the definition of a donkey.

It's painful to read the nonsense you put out there.

Reaction Score
That's a pretty terrible comeback, mau. Math doesn't wear colored glasses.

If Cano is so much better except to Red Sox land than how did Pedroia win the GG? I don't get it.
Have you not learned, you can not use facts and stats with mau, there is only one thing that matters to him. His delusional opinion.

Reaction Score
God you are the definition of a donkey.

It's painful to read the nonsense you put out there.

It's over Jer breath. We know how dumb you are please try to stop posting here.

In case you haven't figured it out as of yet even "GG stats and metrics" are only opinion.......you guys just won't agree with that until our guy wins one and your gets screwed. But I don't blame you because you guys actually believe he's better.....

By the way you're not real brilliant on the hoops side either.......but you try harder! LOL

Reaction Score
It's over Jer breath. We know how dumb you are please try to stop posting here.

In case you haven't figured it out as of yet even "GG stats and metrics" are only opinion.......you guys just won't agree with that until our guy wins one and your gets screwed. But I don't blame you because you guys actually believe he's better.....

By the way you're not real brilliant on the hoops side either.......but you try harder! LOL
hahaha keep deleting posts and seeking attention mau, you certainly are one of a kind.

Congrats at passing 6k posts, not surprised this is the only human interaction you can get.

Reaction Score
Baseball is over jerry.........I am QUITE sure my human interaction exceeds a dope like yours 10 fold.......it is fairly obvious as you chase my posts around in November about baseball - really? Give it up and grow up just a tad jer........it's an opinion board.

Do you get the "I like mine and you like yours" deal on here? If not quit reacting you look like a stiff......really you do!

Oh and it's true....I am one of a kind;).....quite honestly unless you are the stiff you seem to be you would more than likely enjoy watching a game, having a beer/cocktail with me. Actually even when out watching the Sox and Yanks with friends I have a blast. It's really people like you that ruin it........See I know that because of "human interaction" I have daily!!!

By the way Jerry, I'm guessing you are a nice guy with a nice family when you aren't saying stupid here. I don't need to actually question you "human interaction" away from cyber space.....I'm not like you!

Oh yeah and what post did I "delete"? Not sure what you are talking about........Happy Thanksgiving jerry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69