2013 Commitment Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2013 Commitment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A potential sleeper? 17 sacks...tops in the state! Defensive POY in CT... nice get! Welcome To UConn Cole!!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Dog Pound, Cole!!!

Reaction Score
The staff is killing PA.

247 Post Season Player Ranking for State of PA:

23. Brian Lemelle WR 5'11 170 Harrisburg (PA), Bishop McDevitt High School - Lemelle is another talented wide receiver from PA this year. Lemelle has over 250 career receptions, for over 4,000 yards.Lemelle is deciding between Iowa, UCONN, Nebraska, Boston College and Penn State

26. Junior Joseph LB 6'1 225 Reading (PA) Wilson High School - Joseph is a hard hitting, very athletic linebacker[i/] Committed to UCONN

39. Chris Britton LB 6'3 205 Harrisburg (PA), Harrisburg High School - Britton emerged as senior, and shows a bright future. Undecided (UConn offer)

40. Quinn Thompson TE 6'5 230 Edinboro (PA), General McLane High School - Thompson is excellent TE prospect, but kind of a sleeper. Committed to UCONN

Barone who we had and decommitted for Temple was #28

Reaction Score
3 commitments in the last 7 days. This class is looking really really good. Loving the direction of the things the last couple weeks. Some great additions to the coaching staff, Thomas and Bradley are on campus and hitting the weights. I know it is January and things can always change but I am very excited for this class.

Reaction Score
6ft 274? That's a lot of protein bars! Where do we see him? OG? Center?

Edit: OK should be 6'6". Welcome aboard "MR" Wright! Now that we've got the "Wright" stuff let's finish this thing off strong. Just what was needed!

Edit: Looks like I cheated him an inch. Saw a 6"7". Who knows how big he gets by the time he reaches Storrs?

Reaction Score
Right now Chasz outmuscles guys by a bunch. Add a little more footwork and technique to that frame and he could be a real solid OT.

Reaction Score
Wonder if our new coach from Cincy had a hand in this??

More likely Kemitt. He has the VA ties and the kid had a Penn State offer. Foley was his UConn recruit.

Appears this may be a "pending" recruit... Rivals is trying to sort through it but may have jumped the gun on an actual commit.

Reaction Score
i dont understand how u jump the gun on a commit. did the kid commit or not. if he says nothing to u then its nothing, if he says i commit then he committed. i dont get this. no one else has sniffed it so its clear rivals did somehow jump. but how do they get to that point?

i know grades are close but i think they will get thru from what i have read. i sniffed this one out a little while back when i saw what ncst was going to do this weekend and im sure chasz wasn't happy about it after naming them the leader a couple months back. i hope we make this official and get on to #23.

Everyone wants to be first...

Rivals now has him listed as visiting on Friday

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Everyone wants to be first...

Rivals now has him listed as visiting on Friday

welp sounds like he will eventually slide into slot #22. thanks for the news! keep trucking staff, this ending so far is something we have never expierenced...

Reaction Score
Jalen Stevens is having an in-home visit tonight with the staff he announced on twitter.

Reaction Score
Just looking back through some highlights of the current commits. One guy I have always been most intrigued by is Safety Thomas Lucas from Maryland. Take a minute and check out his film. IMO he is one of the most underrated commits in this class. He has good size with room to add more bulk. Long arms. Lanky Body. Loves to come up and make the big hit in the run game. Has a great speed to chase down ball carriers, close on receivers and make the hit right after the catch. I don't know about you guys, but I think this kid can really be a player in the defensive backfield before too long. Love his toughness in the run game. He seems to be one of the least talked about commits, probably because h committed nearly 6 months ago. What does everyone think?

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting that BNich. Plays fast, diagnoses well, and is not shy about contact. Looks like highly underrated based on those clips. A player.

One negative, seems to drop his head on some of those big hits. Needs to be coached up on proper technique at the college level.

Reaction Score
I agree 100% BNich, we should be talking about Lucas allot more, in fact I see him in the future as a CB not as a Safety...

Reaction Score
I agree 100% BNich, we should be talking about Lucas allot more, in fact I see him in the future as a CB not as a Safety...

Why so? Does he have the cover skills to be successful at the CB spot? I think he fits fine at safety. It all remains to be seen what roles some of these guys fit in especially the many LB recruits coming in.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting that BNich. Plays fast, diagnoses well, and is not shy about contact. Looks like highly underrated based on those clips. A player.

One negative, seems to drop his head on some of those big hits. Needs to be coached up on proper technique at the college level.

I agree with ya. Shouldn't be too hard. Only real negative I notice, but he packs a whallop for a guy his size. I just like the toughness, something you don't really see in Brown and Jones. I as many have mentioned on here see Jones making the switch to CB next season. I would like to see what Melifonwu, Floyd, Lee and Marder can bring to the table in the spring game. Unfortunately my occupation didn't allow me to attend this past years game. Hoping for a favorable schedule this year!

Reaction Score
According to ESPN and others. Lucas is a little stiff. To be an effective CB, you need to be able to flip the hips to keep coverage. Not saying he doesn't have the talent or can't learn to to be a cover corner BUT...if that was natural he would have been recruited at CB.

Reaction Score
He looks much more of a longstrider, rangy guy. Reminds me of byron jones physically...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34