2013 Brooklyn DE Ebenezer Ogundeko has de-committed from #UConn. | The Boneyard

2013 Brooklyn DE Ebenezer Ogundeko has de-committed from #UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
he has a rutgers offer also i think thats the deal.

Reaction Score
I knew he would take some visits and probably de-commit at some point. I just didn't think he'd de-commit this early.

Oh well, hopefully he comes back on board.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Good luck to the young man.

Next?...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i guess he has several new offers and also some heavy interest from psu and southern schools.

Reaction Score
Oof. I understand players decommit, but why would he accept an offer and then decommit so soon after? Yikes.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I don't understand why he committed if he wasn't somewhat sure to begin with. I hope he comes to UConn for a camp and works with the coaches. That may change his mind.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why he committed if he wasn't somewhat sure to begin with. I hope he comes to UConn for a camp and works with the coaches. That may change his mind.

That is the head scratcher. It's not like he committed and then changed his mind 7 months later. He committed and then very soon after decommitted. Odd. Would love to hear him give his reasons.

Reaction Score
That is the head scratcher. It's not like he committed and then changed his mind 7 months later. He committed and then very soon after decommitted. Odd. Would love to hear him give his reasons.

Not that odd. He got looks from more good ole boy schools. Enjoy.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Not that odd. He got looks from more good ole boy schools. Enjoy.
agree

kids up here pick there favorite of the locals (pitt/cuse/ruty/bc/uconn/temple). they hope for a psu offer. if they get attention from southern schools and are interested in going far away then they keep options open. its becoming a popular startegy up here. pick you school up here and wait for others far away.

he picked us over the lcoals but is shopping for a big time program. psu/miami/lsu are showing interest now so hes going to see whats up. thats all. for what ever reason he picked us its nice to think we can win those battles. facilities, close to hom, family, coaches etc all come into play.

look at isaacs. he picked bc becuase he has some family up there or used to live up there. thats fine. he picked his choice of the locals school wise. now hes getting looks from southern schools so hes now "soft" at best.

md also just offered EO btw. i just find it to funny how RE is really recruiting the northeast hard all of a sudden. hes not looking for the underrated kids like he used to, going stright for the ***.

Reaction Score
Reading what John Battle said on Rivals, EO was really confused on the whole recruiting process in general and apparently had no direction from his high school coach.....I don't think he really understood what it meant to give a school a verbal commitment...lets hope he recommits soon

Reaction Score
Reading what John Battle said on Rivals, EO was really confused on the whole recruiting process in general and apparently had no direction from his high school coach.....I don't think he really understood what it meant to give a school a verbal commitment...lets hope he recommits soon

I'm sorry but if he gets confused with the recruiting process then he may struggle with the classes at UConn. I don't buy it.

Every high school athlete looking for a scholarship understands how it all works.

Reaction Score
Don't know if Ebenezer is any good or not. But gotta believe the crumpling and instability of the Big East will factor in someway on these things. The good players want to play in the big time conferences. The Big East??? Lose West Virginia, pick up Temple? Going in the wrong direction, that's for sure. But at least the good news is that the BE still has DePaul, Seton Hall and Notre Dame for basketball.

Reaction Score
Every high school athlete looking for a scholarship understands how it all works.

I disagree completely. I do not know the Ebenezer Ogundeko situation but a lot of kids do not understand the process. In addition they have coaches and parents who aren't aware of the process and some lack parental guidance. They are getting more attention than they have ever received and are overwhelmed by the process. Players coming from some of the larger High School factories have a lot of kids who have been thru the process and coaches who know how to manage the process. Kids that are a coaches first Division 1 athlete have no idea what they are getting into. I have seen this a few times.

Reaction Score
Don't know if Ebenezer is any good or not. But gotta believe the crumpling and instability of the Big East will factor in someway on these things. The good players want to play in the big time conferences. The Big East??? Lose West Virginia, pick up Temple? Going in the wrong direction, that's for sure. But at least the good news is that the BE still has DePaul, Seton Hall and Notre Dame for basketball.

i didn't realize anyone appointed you as the judge behind why 18 year olds make their decisions. before you make your next asinine comment you might want to think about why RU had their best recruiting class last year. you might also wonder why Pitt, who consistantly had the top BE recruiting class since the initial split in 2003 has dropped to number 4 in the BE. shouldn't their move to the ACC have helped them? Syracuse's recruuting doesn't seem to have benefit at all from their move either. why is it that conference realignment is hurting all of the teams staying in the BE, burt hasn't helped the departing teams at all? my guess is that you're constant whining about the NBE is not nearly as important to incoming recruits as it is to the crybabies on this board.

One last thing, what changed since Ebenezer's commitment as far as our conference affiliation goes? if you can't name anything, it's pretty silly to think that's what changed his mind. to your credit, at least you found something new to complain about in addition to our poor passing game

Reaction Score
i didn't realize anyone appointed you as the judge behind why 18 year olds make their decisions. before you make your next asinine comment you might want to think about why RU had their best recruiting class last year. you might also wonder why Pitt, who consistantly had the top BE recruiting class since the initial split in 2003 has dropped to number 4 in the BE. shouldn't their move to the ACC have helped them? Syracuse's recruuting doesn't seem to have benefit at all from their move either. why is it that conference realignment is hurting all of the teams staying in the BE, burt hasn't helped the departing teams at all? my guess is that you're constant whining about the NBE is not nearly as important to incoming recruits as it is to the crybabies on this board.

One last thing, what changed since Ebenezer's commitment as far as our conference affiliation goes? if you can't name anything, it's pretty silly to think that's what changed his mind. to your credit, at least you found something new to complain about in addition to our poor passing game

Oh and I forgot . . . the absense of a passing game.

Reaction Score
I would think he would be happier playing Boise and Navy than Cuse and Pitt. This whole conference thing is a wash and better than going to ACC ( in the long run).

Oh yeah and Temple kicked our last time so we should say that they don't belong?

Going in RIGHT direction finally.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Does anyone have the email address for the athletic department so I can cancel my season tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom