12/01/12 vs. Cincinnati * Rentschler Field, East Hartford, Conn. TBA

Reaction Score
@ Ville 11/24 time TBD

1 Thursday night home game
2 Friday night games (1 home, 1 away)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Don't understand the Thursday night opener vs. UMass. Is it to reduce attendance?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
It's a long weekend. Lot's of folks out of town. They have done this many times.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
we need a white out game with the rest overtime developing into our fanbase more and more just wearing blue to home games. the umass game is perfect for a white out, create a buzz to start the season off, not to mention bring back that rival possibly somewhat. hs teams have that night off etc...

pitt game on espn
cuse game on espn 2

would be great for that thursday night game to be on espn/2

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Don't understand the Thursday night opener vs. UMass. Is it to reduce attendance?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

No offense, but do we need to rehash this every year? Everyone is out of town for Labor Day weekend, so instead of having the game on Saturday when everyone is out of town or at a party (instead of at The Rent), we have it Thursday night so that people can come to the game before they head out of town for the long weekend.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
n/m the cincy game is espn/2/abc i see it now...

Reaction Score
Just looking at the schedule, if UConn gets by NC State, and presumably Marylendsall, UConn would be looking at going into the Rutgers game 5-0 and being ranked in the top 30.

So much of college football is momentum and confidence. The 3rd dow pass against Vandy, the McEntee halftine pick at WVU when UConn's O line was on fire...

The NC State game is the biggie.

Reaction Score
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/conn-m-footbl-sched.html
What am I missing here? I only see 11 games.
III

spacer-000000.gif

Date Opponent / Event Location Time / Result
spacer.gif

08/30/12 vs. Massachusetts Rentschler Field, East Hartford, Conn. TBA
09/08/12 vs. North Carolina State Rentschler Field, East Hartford, Conn. TBA
09/15/12 at Maryland Byrd Stadium, College Park, Md. TBA
09/22/12 at Western Michigan Waldo Stadium, Kalamazoo, Mich. TBA
09/29/12 vs. Buffalo Rentschler Field, East Hartford, Conn. TBA
10/06/12 at Rutgers * High Point Stadium, Piscataway, N.J. TBA
10/13/12 vs. Temple * Rentschler Field, East Hartford, Conn. TBA
10/19/12 at Syracuse * Carrier Dome, Syracuse, N.Y. 8:00 p.m. ET
11/03/12 at USF * Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Fla. TBA
11/09/12 vs. Pittsburgh * Rentschler Field, East Hartford, Conn. 8:00 p.m. ET
11/24/12 at Louisville * Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, Louisville, Kent. TBA
12/01/12 vs. Cincinnati * Rentschler Field, East Hartford, Conn. TBA

Reaction Score

The 11/24 @ Louisville game is missing from this schedule... That one makes 12!

Reaction Score
The 11/24 @ Louisville game is missing from this schedule... That one makes 12!
Thanks, should have noticed that. I guess neither mind nor eyes are what they once were.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Thoughts...

UMass at home: Should be a win. They were not a great FCS team at all and lost badly to Boston College. Have to win this convincingly. 98%

NCSU at home: I expect a loss. They got progressively better as the season wore on and IMO are more talented. TOB is a solid coach. I don't think we'll move the ball well on them. 30%

Maryland on the road: Expecting a win. They are TINY and we stopped mobile QB's like CJ Brown from running well last year. McCombs should have a nice game. 65%

Western Michigan on the road: Most important swing game of the season. I ventured to the WMU board and their preseason prediction thread was surprisingly pessimistic. Most of them thought they would lose to us. They return their QB, who throws a lot of interceptions but can air it out. They lose Jordan White but return two other good receivers and a tight end. Their defense is absolutely miserable, even by MAC standards, and they don't run it that well. I don't like our chances on the road, but we have to win this. We HAVE to throw the ball well against these kinds of teams. 48%

Buffalo: Win. They couldn't move the ball on us last year and they lose Anderson and one of their best receivers. Their defense is slightly better than WMU, but not by much. Oliver is a good RB but we should beat them fairly easily...maybe 31-14. 90%

At Rutgers: Tough, but winnable. I feel that we will lose, but we match up well with them now because of the way we blitz. Any sort of aerial support we can get would be nice. 30%

Temple: Even without Pierce, I feel that they are better than we are. Brown is a nice back. I expect to win because we match up well against them and we are at home. 60%

At Syracuse: Toss-up, leaning win. Feel that we have an edge in talent but they are desperate to beat us. I liked the way McCummings moved the ball on them last year. They are small and had a hard time tackling him. 55%

At Louisville: Loss. Toughest game on the schedule, and it isn't close. Would be shocked if we won this game. 15%

At USF: Toss-up. We could have beaten them easily last year, save for the awful pass protection. We may feel the loss of Teggart here if this is another game decided by field goals. Absolutely winnable. 50%

Pittsburgh: Win. I am confident...Sunseri stinks and their OL is brutal. Their defense loses key pieces and their LB's are in shambles. I like Cryst but he is going to have an awful team. For the first time maybe ever, I feel UConn is more talented than Pitt on paper. 75%

Cincinnati: No idea. I was not impressed with their QB last year and they replace Pead and two of their top defenders. We were competitive with them last year...I still lean loss, but this will be close. 45%

I see anywhere from 5-7 to 8-4. I do not think we are not very good, but when NCSU, Louisville, and Rutgers are the monsters of the midway on your schedule, you have to get to a bowl game.

Reaction Score
NC State game will be fun. Sister & Brother-In-Law (both UConn Alums) moved to a suburb of Raleigh, N.C. years ago after the first UTC downsizing. My Nephew is a Sr. at N.C.State. Their family are coming up for the weekend & this will be their 1st trip to the Rent. So if you see a family of 5 wearing red in section 103, you'll know why!

Reaction Score
NC St is such an up an down team. Last year they literally could not complete a forward pass at BC and then 2 weeks later they score almost 40 vs Clemson. They are not a good road team, I think we can beat them at the Rent.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I don't want it but I could definitely see an emotional win over Rangoon followed by a thud / dud at Western Michigan. Hopefully the coaches will be able to keep up the intensity throughout the season.

Reaction Score
Starting with the RU game and ending with the USF game that is 4 out of 5 on the road. They better get fat before then.

If you go back to MD we have 6 out of 8 on the road. Only Buffalo and Temple at home. Horrible schedule. Am I reading it wrong?

Reaction Score
Yeah white out for Cincy game like about 6" of snow! Thinkn USF 09'

Reaction Score
Both bye weeks are followed by away games.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/conn-m-footbl-sched.html

spacer-000000.gif

Date Opponent / Event Location Time / Result
spacer.gif

08/30/12 vs. Massachusetts Rentschler Field, East Hartford, Conn. TBA W, 37-20
09/08/12 vs. North Carolina State Rentschler Field, East Hartford, Conn. TBA W 24-17
09/15/12 at Maryland Byrd Stadium, College Park, Md. TBA W 31-13
09/22/12 at Western Michigan Waldo Stadium, Kalamazoo, Mich. TBA W 38-27
09/29/12 vs. Buffalo Rentschler Field, East Hartford, Conn. TBA W 41-10
10/06/12 at Rutgers * High Point Stadium, Piscataway, N.J. TBA W 24-21
10/13/12 vs. Temple * Rentschler Field, East Hartford, Conn. TBA W 27-14
10/19/12 at Syracuse * Carrier Dome, Syracuse, N.Y. 8:00 p.m. ET W 33-21
11/03/12 at USF * Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Fla. TBA W 18-13
11/09/12 vs. Pittsburgh * Rentschler Field, East Hartford, Conn. 8:00 p.m. ET W 21-101/24/12 at Louisville * Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, Louisville, Kent. TBA
12/01/12 vs. Cincinnati * Rentschler Field, East Hartford, Conn. TBA W 31-21
LouisVille W 23-21

Total 12-0

Because we are in the Big East, we forfeit our BCS bid and play against the 4th MAAC team in the Beef O'brady.com bowl, winning 35-3.

We complete a perfect season and everyone gets a completmentary Beef OBrady with their 2013 season ticket package.

thank you that is all

Reaction Score
we need a white out game with the rest overtime developing into our fanbase more and more just wearing blue to home games. the umass game is perfect for a white out, create a buzz to start the season off, not to mention bring back that rival possibly somewhat. hs teams have that night off etc...

UMass has white in their colors too. besides that white outs are lame. their time has passed. the first one or two was cool, now it just seems like you're trying too hard. we can't get fans to where UConn stuff, so i think we should work on that before we make any grand gestures for a mid week 1AA game. i know they're technically MAC now, come on now.

everytime i read an opponent's reaction to our crowd and the Rent i hear about how loud we are, and to me that's more important than matching. i dont' ever remember hearing any player say they had a tough time calling audibles at a stadium b/c of how coordinated the crowed's outfits were.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i like white outs early in the season for nigth games becuase when i get drunk in the lot i sometimes like many other guys spill my drinks on girls.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
UMass has white in their colors too. besides that white outs are lame. their time has passed. the first one or two was cool, now it just seems like you're trying too hard. we can't get fans to where UConn stuff, so i think we should work on that before we make any grand gestures for a mid week 1AA game. i know they're technically MAC now, come on now.

everytime i read an opponent's reaction to our crowd and the Rent i hear about how loud we are, and to me that's more important than matching. i dont' ever remember hearing any player say they had a tough time calling audibles at a stadium b/c of how coordinated the crowed's outfits were.

Doesn't every single road team where white uniforms? Haha.

White outs are kind of cool to see on tv - but there's no way The Rent would be coordinated enough besides the student section to pull it off.

Remember though - the most important thing is getting their 45 minutes early to see players stretching and hear the marching band play the Fight Song and/or Iron Man for the first of 800 times that day.

Reaction Score
Doesn't every single road team where white uniforms? Haha.

White outs are kind of cool to see on tv - but there's no way The Rent would be coordinated enough besides the student section to pull it off.

Remember though - the most important thing is getting their 45 minutes early to see players stretching and hear the marching band play the Fight Song and/or Iron Man for the first of 800 times that day.
LOL - you got the important things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom