2012 Pre-Spring Awards | The Boneyard

2012 Pre-Spring Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Based on nothing but some skimpy beat reporting and a measure of intuition...

2012 Team MVP : Sio Moore - Call it a guess, but now that he has stable players surrounding him, his freelancing will seem less like reckless gambits and more like playmaking verve. If he stays healthy, he's good for 6 turnovers minimum(INT, FUM-REC/FUM-FORC)... Honorable Mention : BWW, Ryan Griffin, Trevardo Williams

2012 Offensive MVP : TE Ryan Griffin - We've been waiting for him to break out, and down the stretch last season he made a handful of tremendous catches. With some WR stretching the field on the outside now, its his time to shine over the middle. I look for 6-8 TD and many tough 3rd down conversions. A Good TE is a young QB best friend...Honorable Mention : Lyle McCombs, Shakim Phillips, Adam Masters

2012 Defensive MVP(Non-Sio Moore) - CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson - Now that he's healthy , look for a big season from our RS Senior CBs, especially BWW. He'll be able to lock up opposing #1s and give us flexibility with our Blitz/runD schemes...Honorable Mention : Byron Jones, Trevardo Williams, Yawin Smallwood

Offensive Breakout Performer - WR Shakim Phillips - This is based on two principles. 1: that our QB play will be better this year, and 2: a WR is going to benefit from that. Based on talent and PT(he is running with the 1's) I think this is our Man. I would be ecstatic with 40 catches for 600 yards and 5 TD. We'll see. Honorable mention : Joe Williams, Kevin Friend

Defensive Breakout Performer - S Byron Jones - As a RFr, he started at FS + CB and held his own. In fact as he gained experience in the second half of the year he started making plays pretty regularly. In a tweet last week his former coach said that Byron would "blow away" Gary Wilburns pro-day stats(4.46 40, 39'' Vert). The kid is an athlete. Now, he has a position and has had an offseason to prepare. I could see 4-6 picks and an all-League nod if all goes according to plan. When was the last time we were "happy" with our S play? 2009? this is the year that returns...Honorable Mention : Taylor Mack, Ty-Meer Brown

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
can i throw jennings into the race for a award. i think he could have a huge year.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Not sure if you can be considered a break-out when you previously led the team in something but I'm voting for Michael Smith as the Offensive Breakout player. Even if our QB doesn't improve massively, I think he'll get the benefit of the shorter possession passes which allow for YAC.

Reaction Score
Smallwood. Loved the confidence he played with as a frosh. We could really have something with him.

Reaction Score
Based on nothing but some skimpy beat reporting and a measure of intuition...

2012 Team MVP : Sio Moore - Call it a guess, but now that he has stable players surrounding him, his freelancing will seem less like reckless gambits and more like playmaking verve. If he stays healthy, he's good for 6 turnovers minimum(INT, FUM-REC/FUM-FORC)... Honorable Mention : BWW, Ryan Griffin, Trevardo Williams

2012 Offensive MVP : TE Ryan Griffin - We've been waiting for him to break out, and down the stretch last season he made a handful of tremendous catches. With some WR stretching the field on the outside now, its his time to shine over the middle. I look for 6-8 TD and many tough 3rd down conversions. A Good TE is a young QB best friend...Honorable Mention : Lyle McCombs, Shakim Phillips, Adam Masters

2012 Defensive MVP(Non-Sio Moore) - CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson - Now that he's healthy , look for a big season from our RS Senior CBs, especially BWW. He'll be able to lock up opposing #1s and give us flexibility with our Blitz/runD schemes...Honorable Mention : Byron Jones, Trevardo Williams, Yawin Smallwood

Offensive Breakout Performer - WR Shakim Phillips - This is based on two principles. 1: that our QB play will be better this year, and 2: a WR is going to benefit from that. Based on talent and PT(he is running with the 1's) I think this is our Man. I would be ecstatic with 40 catches for 600 yards and 5 TD. We'll see. Honorable mention : Joe Williams, Kevin Friend

Defensive Breakout Performer - S Byron Jones - As a RFr, he started at FS + CB and held his own. In fact as he gained experience in the second half of the year he started making plays pretty regularly. In a tweet last week his former coach said that Byron would "blow away" Gary Wilburns pro-day stats(4.46 40, 39'' Vert). The kid is an athlete. Now, he has a position and has had an offseason to prepare. I could see 4-6 picks and an all-League nod if all goes according to plan. When was the last time we were "happy" with our S play? 2009? this is the year that returns...Honorable Mention : Taylor Mack, Ty-Meer Brown

I agree with most but one honorable mention for Offensive MVP I would take out Adam Masters and put Nick Williams or Mike Smith

Reaction Score
Team MVP - Nick Williams- draws comparisons to Victor Cruz, opponents kick punts out of bounds.

OMVP - Joe Williams- frosh All American, gains over a thousand yards with some long spectacular runs.

DMVP - Trevardo Williams - caps the all-Williams MVP team with 16 sacks, five forced fumbles and an all round pain in the neck for offenses.

OBOP - Tebucky Jones -Steps up game in effort to become the best Jones on the team

DBOP - Byron Jones - Steps up game in effort to become the best Jones on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom