2011 New York Giants Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2011 New York Giants Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
tough being a Uconn and Giants fan, the Giants kill me more because they have the talent. Its too bad because Eli is having a great season, we cant get a pass rush to save our lives Osi is overrated and is no Strahan, he doesnt deserve that extension if you want top DE money you better be getting at least 2-3 sacks a game. Were gonna go to 6-6 with NO and GB coming up I see our offense putting up some points but without a pass rush Brees and Rodgers will have a field day. Im kind of hoping we lose out to clean house if we finish at 9-7 Coughlin stays as does Gilbride and the whole staff.

I actually think the rush is fine ... given its a four-man. They're tied for the league lead in sacks. And if not for injuries ... the secondary is fantastic with Webster, Thomas, Rolle and Amukamara. The problem has been at linebacker with all the rooks and putting Kiwi there (where I think he's just out of place)

I also like what Gilbride has done this year ... the NFL is becoming a pass first league and I think we should have let Eli throw more over the years ... and this receiving core is exciting.

The problem has really been injuries and the run game. Without Bradshaw, the run game is non-existent ... and even Ahmad was having a down year. The Giants were always able to control the clock with the run game.

I'm excited for them to unload Jacobs.

Reaction Score
I actually think the rush is fine ... given its a four-man. They're tied for the league lead in sacks. And if not for injuries ... the secondary is fantastic with Webster, Thomas, Rolle and Amukamara. The problem has been at linebacker with all the rooks and putting Kiwi there (where I think he's just out of place)

I also like what Gilbride has done this year ... the NFL is becoming a pass first league and I think we should have let Eli throw more over the years ... and this receiving core is exciting.

The problem has really been injuries and the run game. Without Bradshaw, the run game is non-existent ... and even Ahmad was having a down year. The Giants were always able to control the clock with the run game.

I'm excited for them to unload Jacobs.

I havent seen much of a pass rush lately I know they lead the league in sacks but based on impact I havent really seen much, the secondary is still filled with 1st and 2nd round picks like Rolle, Webster, Phillips, Prince (excited to see him play finally) there is no excuse for injuries. Jacobs definetly has to go, they should use that rookie Scott more he was the fastest rb in last years draft. The problem is Coughlin is too loyal to his own guys there comes a point in time where you have to play your younger players over some of your vets the NFL is a now league clearly Jacobs is over the hill I like him but hes done.

Reaction Score
Jacobs is so washed up,,,Id like to see Andre Brown brought up off practice squad.Jacobs has terrible pad level,never follows the blockers and runs to the wrong hole.How hard is it to pitch to Scott and see what he can do,and the shotgun draw to Jacobs fails every time.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Make it stop ..........................

Reaction Score
tough being a Uconn and Giants fan, the Giants kill me more because they have the talent. Its too bad because Eli is having a great season, we cant get a pass rush to save our lives Osi is overrated and is no Strahan, he doesnt deserve that extension if you want top DE money you better be getting at least 2-3 sacks a game. Were gonna go to 6-6 with NO and GB coming up I see our offense putting up some points but without a pass rush Brees and Rodgers will have a field day. Im kind of hoping we lose out to clean house if we finish at 9-7 Coughlin stays as does Gilbride and the whole staff.
You do realize that 2-3 sacks per game would be a season total of 32-48 sacks ? And that the record is 22 ?

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Tough loss today, very tough loss. I was very disappointed with the lack of pressure on Rodgers and the failure to contain him in the pocket, but otherwise they played well. Very good all around on offense and if they play as well as they did today in the remaining 4 games, 4 wins is very possible and that would give them the Division. Of course with Dallas losing today, the big game is next week in Dallas. If the Giants can win in Dallas, they actually move into the Division lead with the tiebreaker, and things will be looking much better.

Reaction Score
Tough loss today, very tough loss. I was very disappointed with the lack of pressure on Rodgers and the failure to contain him in the pocket, but otherwise they played well. Very good all around on offense and if they play as well as they did today in the remaining 4 games, 4 wins is very possible and that would give them the Division. Of course with Dallas losing today, the big game is next week in Dallas. If the Giants can win in Dallas, they actually move into the Division lead with the tiebreaker, and things will be looking much better.

moral victories arent good enough you win or you lose bottom line the lack of a pass rush is a joke, thats the problem they play well at times but the end result is winning or losing.

Reaction Score

Some very tough calls in which NONE went their way today. The int was the difference but Eli was good overall. That's a very good 6-6 team and to be honest the Boys just aren't that good - 2 from them and we're okay and it's very possible if healthy.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Some very tough calls in which NONE went their way today. The int was the difference but Eli was good overall. That's a very good 6-6 team and to be honest the Boys just aren't that good - 2 from them and we're okay and it's very possible if healthy.

The season is on the line next week ... and let's face it, some careers are as well. Another season of missing the playoffs could spell the end for a number of Giant personnel.

Reaction Score
*-
Af3LlEXCIAEDfCx.jpg

We got SCREWED today.

That bs call on 3rd down after the sack was just dreadful

Reaction Score
Anyone else notice how ironic it is that the Giants lost by the same score today 38-35 as they did in that Patriots game from 2007...

Reaction Score
*-
Af3LlEXCIAEDfCx.jpg

We got SCREWED today.

That bs call on 3rd down after the sack was just dreadful

That one and the one on the rookie CB from Nebraska (can't spell his name) was awful. Another on the Jennings possession TD - sorry you cannot possess with one hand for 1/2 a second, no way no how!!

One that cannot be overturned because there is not solid proof was the Driver TD......he never got his right foot down, watch it again his foot was above the turf riding his left foot and he knew he didn't get it down as he kept reaching for the turf all the way while falling OOB's......http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-giants/09000d5d824c09b0/Gameday-Packers-vs-Giants-highlights................

Hey calls happen but so many "key" calls on 3rd down to a team like the Packers is beyond trouble. Get them off the field when they deserve to be or else they're scoring........tough one to swallow!!

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
That one and the one on the rookie CB from Nebraska (can't spell his name) was awful. Another on the Jennings possession TD - sorry you cannot possess with one hand for 1/2 a second, no way no how!!

One that cannot be overturned because there is not solid proof was the Driver TD......he never got his right foot down, watch it again his foot was above the turf riding his left foot and he knew he didn't get it down as he kept reaching for the turf all the way while falling OOB's......http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-giants/09000d5d824c09b0/Gameday-Packers-vs-Giants-highlights................

Hey calls happen but so many "key" calls on 3rd down to a team like the Packers is beyond trouble. Get them off the field when they deserve to be or else they're scoring........tough one to swallow!!

The thing with the Driver touchdown is it wasn't even a matter of him getting his two feet in, which I believe he did. There were other two questionable things that happened on that play:
1) He clearly pushed off to create space in the back of the end zone
2) He may have stepped out of bounds on that push off ... but for some reason they never showed a replay of that.

Bogus.

Reaction Score
The thing with the Driver touchdown is it wasn't even a matter of him getting his two feet in, which I believe he did. There were other two questionable things that happened on that play:
1) He clearly pushed off to create space in the back of the end zone
2) He may have stepped out of bounds on that push off ... but for some reason they never showed a replay of that.

Bogus.

Amazing the end lines aren't covered in the end zone for all angles considering scoring is the only time even the refs can look without the flag from the coaches. They did not have a look at the back of the endzone where it looked like Driver was very close to say the least. You may be right on the 2 feet but why was he still reaching for the turf while going out - look closely his right was riding his left foot and never found the ground......nonetheless picky and never would be overturned!

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Huge win tonight puts the Giants in first place, unlikely as it seems. Eli and JPP were magnificent. Also big games from Jacobs, the o-line (0 sacks), Ballard, Cruz, Nicks. The overall defense got stops when they had to, but other times played badly. A really thrilling game... Eli is dangerous in the 4th quarter!

Reaction Score
Huge win tonight puts the Giants in first place, unlikely as it seems. Eli and JPP were magnificent. Also big games from Jacobs, the o-line (0 sacks), Ballard, Cruz, Nicks. The overall defense got stops when they had to, but other times played badly. A really thrilling game... Eli is dangerous in the 4th quarter!

Yeah he is! And the games have to be thrilling they can't stop anyone with all those rookie no-names running around at LBer and DB's...........add a couch potato to the mix as defensive captain at times and it's amazing their still alive........Christmas Eve is now a huge game!!!.............right DEEP?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
There hasn't been one relaxing game all season. Is that even possible?

I was ready to finally focus 100% of my effort on college ball after they went down 12 in the fourth and then they pull that off.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
An did anyone else NOT expect Coughlin to ice there? He just doesn't seem to like the gimmick plays and I really wasn't sure he was going to use it there ... even though it seemed like a no brainer given the rookie kicker and what happened the week prior.

Reaction Score

still not thrilled both teams arent that good the NFC East is just week its equivelant of the big east in football, without Eli the Giants are winless

Reaction Score
this is so freaking sad......................

yep im not suprised either team plays with no heart I would rather go 3-13 then watch this

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
3rd quarter was nausea inducing but the final product was DELICIOUS. There's no better cure for a New Year's hangover than Jerry Jones' face looking like he just ate a lemon.

Reaction Score
yes the 3rd and early 4th was typical giant fan torture period. They stop doing what got them a 21pt lead on both sides of the ball. But some people made some plays and we get the falcons next week.....never know

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
GMen keeping this thread alive and doing so all while looking the best they have all year.

Great great win. Defense held them scoreless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom