#2 South Carolina @ UCLA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#2 South Carolina @ UCLA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It would be just like us to beat Clemson on Saturday. We're UNC's only loss.
Hope you do! I'm an Oklahoma alum. After Ohio State lost yesterday we have hope (moved up to #5 today in AP & coaches polls - CFP comes out tomorrow). We need the help!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
As I posted in another thread, the new poll:

1. UConn

2-9. Vacant

10: Western Kentucky:) tied with South-West North Carolina

11. University of Southern North Dakota at Hoople :)

12. S. Carolina

You gotta be careful of these teams with two (or more) points of the compass

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Hope you do! I'm an Oklahoma alum. After Ohio State lost yesterday we have hope (moved up to #5 today in AP & coaches polls - CFP comes out tomorrow). We need the help!

I got a feeling that Okie State will beat yall saturday

Reaction Score

You also need to beat Okie State next weekend. Good luck.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

1. UConn

2-9. Vacant

10. S. Carolina
I think it's a "pick-em" between Baylor, SC, and Notre Dame. But the gap between UCONN and them is cavernous. Also, and not to get too excited, but it's highly possible that there will be a rather large gap between UCONN and everyone else next season. A much smaller one for sure - losing Stewie and Mo - but I see these other teams play and watch the current crop of sophomore and junior leaders and think "their best players just aren't any better than Nurse, Tuck, or Williams, and that's not even including Butler, Chong, Collier, KLS, or Boykin"...

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Well that was a game, I guess. . . If that was the #2 team in the country this is going to be a very good year for the Huskies

Reaction Score
I got a feeling that Okie State will beat yall saturday
That would suck. Depends if our QB, Baker Mayfield, is back after missing the 2nd half yesterday with a concussion. (That's why our game yesterday vs TCU close - we dominated in the first half.)

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I think it's a "pick-em" between Baylor, SC, and Notre Dame. But the gap between UCONN and them is cavernous. Also, and not to get too excited, but it's highly possible that there will be a rather large gap between UCONN and everyone else next season. A much smaller one for sure - losing Stewie and Mo - but I see these other teams play and watch the current crop of sophomore and junior leaders and think "their best players just aren't any better than Nurse, Tuck, or Williams, and that's not even including Butler, Chong, Collier, KLS, or Boykin"...

You guys will be great as long as Geno is there. I think the Gamecocks will be at least as good next season with 2 top ten transfers eligible.

Reaction Score
I think that 4-5 schools dominate the NCAAW time is over, except UConn.
Almost every DI school has 1 or 2 superior players and can make an upset any time.

Why UConn is different? Because UConn has a good coach and he trains 4 - 5 superior players every year. If you have only 2 or 3 good players is not enough to guarantee you to win all.

Reaction Score

1. UConn

2-9. Vacant

10. S. Carolina

Milford I like your poll since there is such a gap. Just finished watching Baylor ( I have seen SC & Tenn) and I have to put Baylor at #10.
I also like Mulkey as a coach. Her team responds to her (definitely better than SC&Tenn.) Baylor plays with more continuous passion and they play more as a team. Baylor also seems smarter than the other two teams. Baylor is very dangerous.
I have not seen ND play yet, but with Reimer banged up and the loss of their frosh ace--I think ND's 4th & 5th starters are weaker than Baylors. Muffitt and Mulkey are in the same category--really good!

Reaction Score
To Bestiarius- UCLA's free shooting was bad but not that bad. UCLA shot 15-25(60%) not 10-25(40%).

Reaction Score
Milford I like your poll since there is such a gap. Just finished watching Baylor ( I have seen SC & Tenn) and I have to put Baylor at #10.
I also like Mulkey as a coach. Her team responds to her (definitely better than SC&Tenn.) Baylor plays with more continuous passion and they play more as a team. Baylor also seems smarter than the other two teams. Baylor is very dangerous.
I have not seen ND play yet, but with Reimer banged up and the loss of their frosh ace--I think ND's 4th & 5th starters are weaker than Baylors. Muffitt and Mulkey are in the same category--really good!
Whom did ND lose?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Wrong, ND#10
I wouldn't argue that. I've not been impressed with SC, Baylor, Tenn, or even ND, based on what I've seen and read. Each has had at least one major clunker so far. I'm looking for a solid #2. It's not Ohio State or Duke. Maryland??

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I wouldn't argue that. I've not been impressed with SC, Baylor, Tenn, or even ND, based on what I've seen and read. Each has had at least one major clunker so far. I'm looking for a solid #2. It's not Ohio State or Duke. Maryland??

It's really difficult to find someone, anyone isn't it?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So basically its a down year for WCBB.... just like last year :oops: Maybe things will improve by 2016-17

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Maybe it is NOT a down year. Maybe this year's ND and SCar and L'ville and UT teams are just as good as those of prior years BUT 1) this year's UConn is beyond superlative AND 2) the have-nots in wcbb have a good deal more than they have had in the past, which two factors combine to make the usual suspects look worse than they really are. Whaddaya think?

Reaction Score
Wrong, ND#10
If you saw them play South Dakota State yesterday you might not say that. There stats weren't that bad but S.D. State was so undersized that N.D. should have rolled them. They had a good 3rd quarter but played them pretty even the rest of the game. I thought Allen would really blossom this year, but she just looked average at best. But Muffet will have them ready for the Tourney.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I think that 4-5 schools dominate the NCAAW time is over, except UConn.
Almost every DI school has 1 or 2 superior players and can make an upset any time.

Why UConn is different? Because UConn has a good coach and he trains 4 - 5 superior players every year. If you have only 2 or 3 good players is not enough to guarantee you to win all.

There are a number of teams with anywhere from 4 to 6 good players, or more. Baylor, ND, Maryland, SC, Louisville, UCLA. Coaching makes the difference.

Reaction Score
Jordin Canada is still at UCLA, but Caldwell transferred out. Where did she go? Didn't they have an elite big defect as well?

The Bruins are unranked, but Canada and Fields are pretty good.
Interesting Canada is from the USA---Fields is a Team Canada Teammate.
JMU , a mid major, played UCLA pretty well in the first half. Lost by 30. Connecticuts Prez from Manchester got 20 from them. UCLA plays fast and furious
defend well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits