2 Boo-Boos by TV Crews, US and SYR | The Boneyard

2 Boo-Boos by TV Crews, US and SYR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone else notice during the pre-game for UConn that they had Boatright and Daniels listed as Sophomores?

Also, anyone notice Raff, while they were showing a picture of Syracuse's coaches' wives, say that Syracuse's wives really are a part of the program and "love the kids."

Holy Good God. Was anybody else thinking, "yeah, Laurie Fine really loved those players. I mean, REALLY loved those players."

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Also had Nolan listed as a Senior.

Reaction Score
Anyone else hate how when they first introduce us to Kromah they point out the NCAA rule all skeptically? Like we are getting one over on everyone.

Reaction Score
"He's taking advantage of that rule, the NCAA is gonna have to have a hard look at that one!"

Reaction Score
It was like someone had to make the graphic by just guessing the year of everyone by their headshot. Almost every single one was wrong.

Reaction Score
I
"He's taking advantage of that rule, the NCAA is gonna have to have a hard look at that one!"

I have heard this several times this year while talking about Uconn

Reaction Score
I

I have heard this several times this year while talking about Uconn

It's like we are the only ones using it to our advantage so it must be stopped. I know we are a paranoid bunch but it's pretty clear they're implying something.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I think there was a moment where Boat did a nice spin move to the hoop and Verne called him Napier.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Duke is leading the charge against post-grad players, so they all have to fall in line. For the life of me, I don't see the problem with a player furthering their education to use their last year of eligibility.

Aside from that, I love having Raff and Vern. They are like watching the game with friends (friends with a great knowledge of basketball). I assume we leave them now.

Reaction Score
Anyone else notice during the pre-game for UConn that they had Boatright and Daniels listed as Sophomores?

Also, anyone notice Raff, while they were showing a picture of Syracuse's coaches' wives, say that Syracuse's wives really are a part of the program and "love the kids."

Holy Good God. Was anybody else thinking, "yeah, Laurie Fine really loved those players. I mean, REALLY loved those players."

Archie was a Freshman listed also for Nova……...

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Vernon also said stuff like

"another cheapie foul on Nova"

he doesn't like a call against Nova he says "ummmmmm"

Bazz doesn't like a call against him he says "oh really"

never disliked the geezer before yesterday

at least Raft was balanced

willie99

Reaction Score
I think there was a moment where Boat did a nice spin move to the hoop and Verne called him Napier.

he mixed them up all weekend

Reaction Score
Duke is leading the charge against post-grad players, so they all have to fall in line. For the life of me, I don't see the problem with a player furthering their education to use their last year of eligibility.

Aside from that, I love having Raff and Vern. They are like watching the game with friends (friends with a great knowledge of basketball). I assume we leave them now.
Totally agree love Verne and Raff even if they screw up some small details

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Verne needs to retire to the Southfork Ranch. He's beyond awful.

We were watching the game on a projection screen at a sports bar with our UCONN alumni group. One of our members knows I can't stand Lundquist, so he deliberately asked them to turn on the volume. I begged the barmaid to turn it off!

willie99

Reaction Score
It's like we are the only ones using it to our advantage so it must be stopped. I know we are a paranoid bunch but it's pretty clear they're implying something.

the NCAA actually does something that rewards and helps "student athletes", and they have a problem with that

do they ever talk about one and dones doing nothing at all academically and then leaving but it doesn't matter because they went pro? nope, no problemo

Reaction Score
When we were in Memphis for AAC tourney, they introduced Boat as a senior each night. It actually got a little comical, because the last 2 players to be introduced were Boat and Shabazz. So they would start the introduction as "and a senior guard from" and each night Shabazz would start to go out and they would be introducing Boat. You figure they would get it correct by the 3rd night.

Reaction Score
Let's not forget the front page APR article they decided to post (which was nearly a slander on our program and completely inaccurate) as well as the "Calhoun is interested in the BCU job" right before our game with Nova.

I thought having KO as a coach vs JC (who elicits strong emotional reactions from people) would make a difference- but since they can no longer harp on our coach they have decided to make up stories with no regard to their accuracy.

It seems we are still the red headed step child of ESPN and that are going to continue to beat us up no matter what we do or who is our coach.

F em.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Heard that and started laughing.

Reaction Score

Duke's just jealous that their former star player was a servicable qb (better than any on their own team) who used the rule to HIS advantage & did a postgrad season on the Fruit's football team.:D

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Somebody yelled "Yes!" when Archie hit the three at the half. I thought it was Raftery, and a little too happy about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom