2.1 Bracketology | The Boneyard

2.1 Bracketology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cincy actually matches up well with Duke. They could sick Clark on Ingram and Caupain on Allen. Cincy can beat themselves with their terrible shooting though.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
LOL, no way they take a team as dangerous as cinci and match them up with Duke. It will be Cinci vs. Wichita St. They will drop them down a seed line to do so. Duke will get some schill mid range Pac team.

Reaction Score
Fans in Iowa would be pretty happy I am sure to see a Iowa/UConn and Duke/Kansas 2nd round matchups, sounds like a final four.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Not that these matter one iota ... but an Iowa round 2 matchup would be a nightmare. That team is good.

Reaction Score
Glad we are maybe a 9 seed right now, TX & Michigan wins looking better & better....may give us more margin for error if continue to rise.

On the negative side we 0-3 vs top 4 in the AAC with 5 to play against...really need to go 4-1, maybe 3-2 if we win at Memphis Thursday.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I don't consider us in 4th/5th in the AAC we are tied in the loss column with eligible teams, and until we are swept by a team ahead of us we have just as good a shot at the 1 seed in the conference tournament.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Glad we are maybe a 9 seed right now, TX & Michigan wins looking better & better....may give us more margin for error if continue to rise.

On the negative side we 0-3 vs top 4 in the AAC with 5 to play against...really need to go 4-1, maybe 3-2 if we win at Memphis Thursday.
Yea those wins are like wine, they have gotten better with time.

I think many of us, myself included, had overblown the ramifications of that Cincy loss as it relates to our tourney chances. Loses to Cincy wasn't an issue - it was more the way in which we lost that game.

We have ample opportunity left to solidify ourselves in the field. I do not agree with the Magic #1 post either where we can only afford to lose 1 more game. The bubble continues to be weak and as long as we avoid the horrible loss to a team like ECU or UCF then we should be ok...or at least I hope so

Reaction Score
I know its all about matchups, but I would like to see us moving up to the 6 seed line. I dont know if its possible to get any higher based on our resume right now. The reason a 6 is a good seed is because you gett the 11 in the first round, then you would move on to play the winner of the 14/3 matchup which there have been a number of upsets in that game over the years. Also, you could avoid the 2 seed until the sweet 16 and the 1 seed untio the elite 8. I just think there will be a huge drop in quality of teams after the top 2 seeds.

Reaction Score

I think many of us, myself included, had overblown the ramifications of that Cincy loss as it relates to our tourney chances. Loses to Cincy wasn't an issue - it was more the way in which we lost that game.

We have ample opportunity left to solidify ourselves in the field. I do not agree with the Magic #1 post either where we can only afford to lose 1 more game. The bubble continues to be weak and as long as we avoid the horrible loss to a team like ECU or UCF then we should be ok...or at least I hope so
I think part of the board is just simply unaware of the landscape of college basketball which is why after every loss the board is littered with silly NIT discussions. After we lost to Temple you would have thought w may not even get an CBI invite.

Washington is in the field, and not a last 4 in, with losses to Oakland and Santa Barbara and 1 Top 125 RPI OOC win. Syracuse lost to St. Johns and they are in right now.

Reaction Score
Yeah I agree hard to project exactly what the bubble will be with 9 or 10 conference games left for most schools in the country. Maybe we squeeze in at 22-9, just don't want to find out...feel much safer at 23-8 or better.

Reaction Score
We can afford 2 more regular season losses. A third probably puts us on the wrong side of the bubble. If we are mixed in with the rest of the crud between 50-70 in the RPI, you can count on the selection committee favoring the P5.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

Its the fact that it was at home that's troublesome. We've got a lot of work to do on the road now.

Reaction Score
You guys are rediculous. Lunardi said before the UCF game that if we lost that game we'd be in the last 4 in still..

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Its the fact that it was at home that's troublesome. We've got a lot of work to do on the road now.
Gotta win on the road vs Temple and Cincy to avoid getting swept is key.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
We can afford 2 more regular season losses. A third probably puts us on the wrong side of the bubble. If we are mixed in with the rest of the crud between 50-70 in the RPI, you can count on the selection committee favoring the P5.

I am thinking 24-9 including the AAC tourney is what it is going to take to feel confident on Selection Sunday.

Reaction Score
Even Jerry Palm, who didn't even have UConn in his bracket 2 weeks ago, has them as a 10 seed today.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

My take away from all this bracketology talk is that it's not so much about UConn's resume on it's own merits, it's comparing that so-so resume against all the other teams out there. There just aren't enough really good teams this year to fill out a bracket. We might have gotten lucky that the Huskies are having a mediocre year in a year when there aren't enough worthy teams to fill out a bracket.

As I always say about bracket talk this time of year, just win baby. That takes care of everything.

Reaction Score
4-1 road record is encouraging with games at SMU, Cincy, Temple, Memphis remaining. Let's see how we fair at Memphis this Thursday with Brimah back in the fold and go from there.

Reaction Score
Even Jerry Palm, who didn't even have UConn in his bracket 2 weeks ago, has them as a 10 seed today.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

My take away from all this bracketology talk is that it's not so much about UConn's resume on it's own merits, it's comparing that so-so resume against all the other teams out there. There just aren't enough really good teams this year to fill out a bracket. We might have gotten lucky that the Huskies are having a mediocre year in a year when there aren't enough worthy teams to fill out a bracket.

As I always say about bracket talk this time of year, just win baby. That takes care of everything.
This is not something unique to this year, the bubble last year was horrific. Ok State was a 9 seed with an 18-13 record. UCLA got in with 13 losses and RPI of 50. An 8 loss Bosie State was given an at large.

While CBB has gained a lot of parity, the middle of it has been pretty mediocre for a few years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom