1st time poster here | The Boneyard

1st time poster here

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not a football expert - soccer, basketball and baseball are my games but I do bleed true UConn blue and purchased seasons tickets for the football as my part in boosting attendance for P5 hope.
As far as I can see this team could easily be 0-4 as opposed to 2-2.
I have some questions that probably have been chewed on here but I want to ask anyway:
1. Hasn't Diaco praised his defensive secondary all summer as having guys who will be playing on Sundays? Where? in the community flag football league. They are getting burned every game. They play off their marks by 10 yards and haven't seen any hard hitting from that unit.
2. The offensive line continues to suck. Yeah he recruits 300 lb plus guys but they don't seem to be very skillful. The QB is always under pressure.
3, Is there a defensive line? Cuse has a beaten up Oline and UConn could not get to their QB
4. UConn needs a pro type QB and fast. I am not saying that Sheriffs is not a gamer but why can't they get a 6"3" guy who can throw the ball with pace and accuracy?
5. IF your offense hasn't scored (and it remains a fact) a point in the 1st qtr all year, why the hell do you defer after winning the toss. Why not get as many offensive opportunities in the 1st qtr as possible? Why chance the other team will march down the field and score on 1st possession?
6. Does UConn ever use their tight ends?
So far, this team is very frustrating to watch - good thing they have a pro quality place kicker!!!!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Not a football expert - soccer, basketball and baseball are my games but I do bleed true UConn blue and purchased seasons tickets for the football as my part in boosting attendance for P5 hope.
I have some questions that probably have been chewed on here but I want to ask anyway:
1. Hasn't Diaco praised his defensive secondary all summer as having guys who will be playing on Sundays? Where? in the community flag football league. They are getting burned every game. They play off their marks by 10 yards and haven't seen any hard hitting from that unit.
2. The offensive line continues to suck. Yeah he recruits 300 lb plus guys but they don't seem to be very skillful. The QB is always under pressure.
3, Is there a defensive line? Cuse has a beaten up Oline and UConn could not get to their QB
4. UConn needs a pro type QB and fast. I am not saying that Sheriffs is not a gamer but why can't they get a 6"3" guy who can throw the ball with pace and accuracy?
5. IF your offense hasn't scored (and it remains a fact) a point in the 1st qtr all year, why the hell do you defer after winning the toss. Why not get as many offensive opportunities in the 1st qtr as possible? Why chance the other team will march down the field and score on 1st possession?
So far, this team is very frustrating to watch - good thing they have a pro quality place kicker!!!!
All good points that have been beaten to death here for awhile. Welcome to our nightmare.

Reaction Score
I sense you know more than you're letting on. I will say the D line is solid but rushing 3 and playing our "style" of defense does not translate into attacking football and QB pressure. I'll stop there.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
To point 5. They don't even try to score to til the 3rd possession and don't try to stop the opponent til 3rd possession

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom