1st drive vs Towson ... plays 2 & 3 | The Boneyard

1st drive vs Towson ... plays 2 & 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OK ... re-watched the game again on ESPN3. 1st drive, 1st play ... Whitmer totally gives it away and is almost pick 6'd by a back-up cb. Then plays 2 and 3 are complete mirror images of each other. Same play ... same meager results ... 3 & out.

Question: If the first dozen or so plays are scripted ... are the playbook running plays so few that you need to run mirror images of the same play back to back in the very first drive of the season?

Reaction Score
OK ... re-watched the game again on ESPN3. 1st drive, 1st play ... Whitmer totally gives it away and is almost pick 6'd by a back-up cb. Then plays 2 and 3 are complete mirror images of each other. Same play ... same meager results ... 3 & out.

Question: If the first dozen or so plays are scripted ... are the playbook running plays so few that you need to run mirror images of the same play back to back in the very first drive of the season?
Kaz, why do you as questions to which you already know the answer?

Reaction Score
Kaz, why do you as questions to which you already know the answer?

Haha ... good question. I guess I just needed someone else to verify what I was seeing.

Admittedly I didn't notice it live ... and if McCombs had gained just 1 more yard Weist would have been a genius. But if the UCONN coaching staff chose to simplify the playbook to that extent, and hope their superior physical dominance could "push" those pesky Towson defenders up and down the field ... well you know the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom