1st Commit 2016: 6' 4" QB Donovan Williams (Va) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

1st Commit 2016: 6' 4" QB Donovan Williams (Va)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not gonna hold my breath that he actually comes here. He already decomitted once.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Not gonna hold my breath that he actually comes here. He already decomitted once.
I think we'll have a better idea what the odds are that he stays until signing day after the 2016 class is filled with verbals and we see how involved he's been in the recruiting process. I give HCBD credit here with his first two recruit classes. Very clever . . . get the best possible QB to commit as early as possible, and (I'm guessing here) make them an integral part of the recruiting process for the remainder of the class (i.e. Tyler Davis). This is a well documented and successful business practice: involve rank and file leadership in the strategic planning process so they have a stake in it. In turn, they are much more likely to support the plan and ensure it's success.

Reaction Score
Donovan Williams -- First 5 games this year.

Man among boys. So who is this year's UConn qb of the future Williams, Rose, or Dixon? All 3 seem to be potent offensive weapons in their own right.

Reaction Score
Man among boys. So who is this year's UConn qb of the future Williams, Rose, or Dixon? All 3 seem to be potent offensive weapons in their own right.

Williams. Dixon will play WR and while I think Rose will initially compete for a QB spot, he'll be moved to TE

Reaction Score
Williams. Dixon will play WR and while I think Rose will initially compete for a QB spot, he'll be moved to TE[/QUOTE

So you don't think that the qb of the future is in this year's class?

Reaction Score
Williams. Dixon will play WR and while I think Rose will initially compete for a QB spot, he'll be moved to TE

One of those 3 will be a qb, can't see all 3 moved to other positions.

Reaction Score
Maybe I wasn't clear, but I meant that Williams will be the QB from this class

Shoot, read a comma instead of period after Williams. Got it.

I think initially, 2 of the 3 will work as qbs during their red shirt year. Williams has sudden quickness which I think translates very well to wr (route running), but he has nice touch on his passes, even with so-so technique. Clean that up and he could be scary dual threat qb.

I think Jay Rose could be a monster tight end, and in this offense, we badly need a difference maker tight end. But he has strong potential at qb as well.

Very happy with all 3 qbs, regardless of where they end up. All tremendous athletes.

Reaction Score
Shoot, read a comma instead of period after Williams. Got it.

I think initially, 2 of the 3 will work as qbs during their red shirt year. .

Agreed. I think Rose and Williams with both start out at QB. I also think that as the roster sits now, Davis is next in line for QB after Shirreffs leaves. He'll be a RSjr at that point with the most experience in the system. You never really know, though, as that's almost 4 years away

Reaction Score
Man, this is a nice conversation to be having. Sure beats wondering if we have ANYONE who can step up and play the position!

Reaction Score
kidballer15 Dec 03, 7:55pm via Twitter for iPhone
Home visit with Coach Poindexter and Lineburg #UConn20
CVV7z9DUkAAyeID.jpg

Reaction Score
Assuming Poindexter is a main recruiter, and recruits on his side of the ball Williams won't be a QB

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Assuming Poindexter is a main recruiter, and recruits on his side of the ball Williams won't be a QB

Well Lineburg is the QB coach, so that kind of evens it out. All things being equal, I'm a fan of bringing in both him and Rose as QBs in this class. Looking at the last two games of the year, QB depth is absolutely vital to the success of the program going forward (especially if our system tends to integrate the QB position into the running game).

Reaction Score

I wouldn't assume... Lineburg and Poindexter both recruit VA/Carolinas. Lineburg is currently the QB coach.

William's 2015 Season Hudl posted tonight:

Reaction Score
Well Lineburg is the QB coach, so that kind of evens it out. All things being equal, I'm a fan of bringing in both him and Rose as QBs in this class. Looking at the last two games of the year, QB depth is absolutely vital to the success of the program going forward (especially if our system tends to integrate the QB position into the running game).
Through reading and such, I do believe that is the plan

Reaction Score
A lot of teams these days seem to able to run their 3rd or 4th string QB out there and not miss a beat. I say keep them all at QB

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Through reading and such, I do believe that is the plan

Especially since they've been pretty explicit about moving the other commits playing QB (Dixon, Hahn, Skanes) to other positions.

Reaction Score
Especially since they've been pretty explicit about moving the other commits playing QB (Dixon, Hahn, Skanes) to other positions.
Skanes was never a QB possibility here. He only switched to the position his senior year of HS

Also, Dixon was introduced as a WR, and Hahn the chance to be a QB but offered as a DB (Safety)

Reaction Score
BoatShow said:
A lot of teams these days seem to able to run their 3rd or 4th string QB out there and not miss a beat. I say keep them all at QB

I'd love to have one great QB.

Reaction Score
Whatever the QB depth we have, they all need to be able to come in in case of an emergency and fill in and run a play, not come in like a deer in headlights.. Right now, we're set up for failure at the position with no real depth.. Time to start getting guys ready to play at ALL positions.. We've lacked that ability on offense for far too long.. In order to get a chance to get to that P5 level I think we need to take a page out of the book of Cincy when it comes to that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom