#18 CCSU | #24 Yale - FCS Final Week | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#18 CCSU | #24 Yale - FCS Final Week

Reaction Score
CCSU wearing a NEC patch and playing in what is a really sub-par FCS facility (Arute Field) isn't getting a home game.

The next NCAA home game CCSU gets in any sport will be its first. This program needs to invest and get into America East/CAA Football alongside of Albany and Stony Brook. Monmouth (another former NEC member) got a home playoff game this weekend too and its basketball program achieved a lot more respect in the MAAC.

Central doesn't have the strength of schedule or facilities to ever be anything other than a spoiler. Did it last weekend at Rutgers (WSocc) and last spring in Baseball regional at Arkansas vs. California.

Any idea how the heck they can improve their football facilities? The only thing I can think of is adding end zone seating.

Reaction Score
UNI is ranked 6th and didn’t get a bye in the top 8.

If they followed the top 25 rankings Albany wouldn’t even be in the tournament as they sit at 25 in the rankings, yet they get a home game over number 17 CCSU. Doesn’t make sense... that’s why I think it’s pointless

Agreed - I misunderstood what rankings your were referring to... ( I read rankings but heard seedings - my bad).

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
1574625857889.png

• $19 million multi-sport complex -- home of the Great Dane football and soccer teams.

• 8,500-seats, including 629 chair-backs, bleachers, and a natural grass berm.

• Daktronics scoreboard with a 39’ by 22’ high-definition video display and point-source sound system behind the south end zone.

• Press level with four luxury suites, print media area, and booths for radio, television, coaches, and replay.

• FieldTurf surface and Musco stadium lighting.

• The field is named in honor of Bob Ford, who coached UAlbany football from its inception until 2013.

• The project was completed by Whiting-Turner Contracting Company; with support from principle architect and designer Heery International Inc., and site engineer Clough Harbor & Associates.

• Constuction began in April of 2012 and was completed in September of 2013.

• Planning and fundraising for the new multi-sport complex began in 2004.

Reaction Score
Any idea how the heck they can improve their football facilities? The only thing I can think of is adding end zone seating.

A ton of things. The entire home side has poor sight-lines. It was built as bleachers on top of a locker room facility. Very few spaces anywhere to keep fans outside of the elements and absolutely no "premium" seating of any kind. I'm not talking it should have the amenities of The Rent, but there is nothing at Arute but bleacher and restrooms.

The Alumni tents in the endzone is nice, but again horrible sight-lines from field level. The entire Arute project renovation in 2013 was done done on the cheap by CCSU years ago. When you see what Albany, Stony Brook, and now Monmouth has built you'll see why CCSU is nothing more than a glorified high school facility with a new videoboard.

They need to totally rebuild the home side. The new visitors side bleachers are fine and wouldn't change anything there.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
A ton of things. The entire home side has poor sight-lines. It was built as bleachers on top of a locker room facility. Very few spaces anywhere to keep fans outside of the elements and absolutely no "premium" seating of any kind. I'm not talking it should have the amenities of The Rent, but there is nothing at Arute but bleacher and restrooms.

The Alumni tents in the endzone is nice, but again horrible sight-lines from field level. The entire Arute project renovation in 2013 was done done on the cheap by CCSU years ago. When you see what Albany, Stony Brook, and now Monmouth has built you'll see why CCSU is nothing more than a glorified high school facility with a new videoboard.

They need to totally rebuild the home side. The new visitors side bleachers are fine and wouldn't change anything there.

I would like to see them have 250 premium seats with backs at the very least along with more seats on the home side. Not sure if that will happen but would like to see it happen.

It would be nice to add another 3-4000 seats or play at the stadium. Geez Veterans Stadium has 8500 seats

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Good lord if they win they get to go on the road to Montana State.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom