#17 UConn v. Boston College (Fri. 3/3/23 @7p @Conte Forum & Sat. 3/4/23 @4p @Toscano Family Ice Forum) Friday's game on NESN/Saturday's on ESPN+. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

#17 UConn v. Boston College (Fri. 3/3/23 @7p @Conte Forum & Sat. 3/4/23 @4p @Toscano Family Ice Forum) Friday's game on NESN/Saturday's on ESPN+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
5-2 NU over UML after 2. At least Levi can win a big game.

Reaction Score
At any rate, Cavanaugh now has the tools to recruit consistently well every year.
Of course finding a site that ranks recruiting classes seems difficult unlike other sports.
Chris Heisenberg has a very comprehensive list of all incoming recruits. College Hockey News and USCHO also ranks recruiting classes.

Reaction Score
It’s really unfortunate that we did not build at least a 5,000 seat arena and really 6,000. Why build to the level of SHU?

UML getting destroyed 7-2 by NU! We should get to the Garden!

Reaction Score
Talked to Kinal’s father who had talked to his son…Ronans explanation was he was going for shoulder and missed. Which makes sense because I don’t recall anything dirty in Kinals history here, and nothing had been going on in the game between the two.
They will find out by Monday if he is suspended for the playoff game, which would really suck.

Reaction Score
I love the kid, but Salminen's penalty for two faceoff violations must go down as one of the dumbest ever. After getting the first violation warning, just back off. Cries of "drop the puck" by fans fall on deaf ears here. Don't blame the linesman...................it was all on Salminen.

Reaction Score
It’s really unfortunate that we did not build at least a 5,000 seat arena and really 6,000. Why build to the level of SHU?

They actually built below the level of SHU by about 1000 seats. Approximately the same money was spent on each arena so it becomes an interesting case study of private vs public methods of hiring contractors to produce a structure.

Also UConn decided that a tiny arena would try to be too many things to to many audiiences, Instead of building a contiguous bowl they went with quirky lounges and decks, and it adds to the problem.

As for saying that the Huskies should get to the garden…They certainly can. The Riverhawls are a skilled team with a pipeline of players from Sweden who can really move the puck. Both teams have been a bit Jekyll and Hyde this year. It’s going to be another nail bitter where mistakes, bad penalties and turnovers may decide the game. Still I’m thrilled to have it at Storrs rather than Lowell!

Last edited:

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
About to become unpopular here.

I have been following this forum for years and there was a time hosting a home playoff game in Hockey East would be celebrated. Now as a step 1 it is good but there are very few posts giving this team any credit. Our Defensemen stink, our goalies suck, Capone shouldn't be out there, Cavanaugh needs to go, etc.

This is college hockey. No one is the finished product. We started on fire and then dipped. We are entertaining and frustrating. We all want more faster. But you wouldn't know it by most of the posts here.

Let's beat UMass Lowell and get to the garden and finish what we started last year!

Reaction Score

I’ve overseen construction projects for public private and public-private entities. There are lots of reasons why public projects are much more costly. I’d say minimum 15%. Things like prevailing wage requirements, various requirements for minority, women and veteran owned business participation, and many more requirements. Additionally, the requirement to bid projects actually adds costs many times. But you’ll never convince the general public and more importantly the media, of that. “Competition” supposedly results in lower prices. It actually results in less efficient work.

Reaction Score
About to become unpopular here.

I have been following this forum for years and there was a time hosting a home playoff game in Hockey East would be celebrated. Now as a step 1 it is good but there are very few posts giving this team any credit. Our Defensemen stink, our goalies suck, Capone shouldn't be out there, Cavanaugh needs to go, etc.

This is college hockey. No one is the finished product. We started on fire and then dipped. We are entertaining and frustrating. We all want more faster. But you wouldn't know it by most of the posts here.

Let's beat UMass Lowell and get to the garden and finish what we started last year!

Not unpopular at all. To his credit, Cavanaugh's teams have always met or exceeded pre-season expectations ahead of where they were expected to finish. With all that was lost last year, this season is no exception to that mark of distinction Cavs has brought to the program. They did what they needed to do to earn home ice. I'm also glad Hockey East adopted single elimination tournament with byes more making to the NCAAs. The best of three start only to then play single elimination at TD Garden never made sense to me.

We usually see the Huskies in the Hockey East era get off to slow starts and another lull before turning it up at the end. This year the team has not been able to match that fire start and played ok though not great with .500 hockey since 9-1-1, but still their highest mark and best record to the end of the regular season. We shouldn't forget that. Does the team lack a stalwart defencemen - yes, but if the D-core plays to their potential they can mitigate beating themselves and give the team a chance to win. Boston College can really move that puck around, and to their credit often times the D stood up to them and broke up plays in the regular season finale -even with their captain sitting out due to a game misconduct - a good sign against an underrated talented offensive club.

The goalies are both playing in their first season. I'm not sure if we see the strict alteration next year, but they can be very good, and appear even better with some focus on D in the transfer portal next year.

Reaction Score
It can be forgotten we were picked 7th I think preseason and had as much if not more turnover than any team in this conference. I’m definitely surprised they got as high as 4th.
The great start and OT wins kind of made us forget what expectations were

Reaction Score
I think what you are seeing is a certain amount of frustration with a team that seems to struggle to finish games. As well as frustration with a team that just did not look ready to play against New Hampshire in Durham then again at BC.

Reaction Score
It can be forgotten we were picked 7th I think preseason and had as much if not more turnover than any team in this conference. I’m definitely surprised they got as high as 4th.
The great start and OT wins kind of made us forget what expectations were
EVERY year, since we joined HE, we have finished the regular season at, or above, HE coaches pre-season predictions. The Boston-centric bias is, perhaps, beginning to crumble. If only NESN would truly become the NEW ENGLAND Sports Network instead of the Metropolitan Boston Sports Network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom