12 Years. Seven season tickets. I'm done. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

12 Years. Seven season tickets. I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm done as well. So is the rest of my group. When you can't get excited for games anymore, it's time.

Reaction Score
When the team and the program needs you the most you want to bail? Please spare me the "I've been a season ticket holder for years." You can certainly do as you wish but if you think you're voting with your feet to send a message you strike me more as the equivalent of army deserters in the heat of battle.

THis is baloney. The only way that people like him, like me, like you and others, can makes statement is by where we decide to park our asses, and when and to whom we open our wallets. Army desertion - no, friend, not like that at all.

This season - is the first time, ever - that I have ever felt like the entire season was a throw away. That, my friend, is unacceptable - to me - and I will make my statement.

Reaction Score
THis is baloney. The only way that people like him, like me, like you and others, can makes statement is by where we decide to park our asses, and when and to whom we open our wallets. Army desertion - no, friend, not like that at all.

This season - is the first time, ever - that I have ever felt like the entire season was a throw away. That, my friend, is unacceptable - to me - and I will make my statement.

So have you chosen not to renew your season tickets? Not going to SMU, a game you already paid for, doesn't really say anything.

Reaction Score
So have you chosen not to renew your season tickets? Not going to SMU, a game you already paid for, doesn't really say anything.

I will make the choice when the time comes. First time ever, that I've even considered it as a choice. For now, I'm not going to the SMU game. I have a family and can do other things. It's that simple. My butt will be parked elsewhere. It's the only statement that matters. We all can write and complain all day long - doesn't matter.

All I was responding to was this "army desertion" analogy. That's bull. The only message that really counts, from a fan, is where they decide to spend their time and money. THat's all I was saying.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
whaler is right. UCF had a lot of aluminum bleachers on TV today.

You should have seen Illinois' turnout. We're still better than that.

Reaction Score
I will make the choice when the time comes. First time ever, that I've even considered it as a choice. For now, I'm not going to the SMU game. I have a family and can do other things. It's that simple. My butt will be parked elsewhere. It's the only statement that matters. We all can write and complain all day long - doesn't matter.

All I was responding to was this "army desertion" analogy. That's bull. The only message that really counts, from a fan, is where they decide to spend their time and money. THat's all I was saying.

At least Nostical and others have earned the right to say that. Don't agree with it, but he has sat through this absolute garbage for 4 years now.

What really irritates me are these collar popping golf boys from FL lecturing everyone else about being a "good fan". them.

Reaction Score
I said in the other thread I got the chance to go to the Harvard/Yale game today and it was really refreshing. Just a genuine rivalry between two teams with a long history playing in close proximity to one another. Not great talent but all the pomp and tradition you could want and the game was actually fun to attend, which is something I haven't been able to say about UConn football in what seems like forever.

The AAC is purgatory. If it ever becomes evident that realignment is well and truly over and we're not getting a seat at the big boys' table, I hope at that point UConn drops FBS football and gets us back into a regional league where we can at least enjoy the rivalries again. I don't care to see us playing Memphis and Houston and SMU and Tulane and Tulsa and even the Florida teams over the long term if it isn't getting us to a better place. If this crappy hodge-podge of a league isn't a means to an end it's not worth it just to have a chance to go to the Quizno's Sandwich Bowl every few years.

We are not getting a seat at the P5 table no way no how as long as football drives the bus. It's over. The laughingstock that this football program is killed our chances. The saddest part is that the rest of the athletic department is so strong, probably as strong as ever in school history. Is there any doubt whatsovever that Cincinnati, BYU would get the call ahead of us? Probably Houston too if B12 expands. Just a really dark time, couldn't even enjoy Rutgirls getting waxed yesterday.

Reaction Score

If that's how you really feel, then please stop with all the pontificating during the pre-season, all the rah rah, the multi-paragraph avalanches of free-flow musings about fighting spirit and all that. I'm in on Diacco and this team because at this point, we need blind, knee-jerk positivity to fuel our revival. That's all we've got. We don't have the Big East, we don't have the BCS, we don't have anything to promise anyone. All we have can have at this point is unfettered, unqualified belief. That's what Diacco brings. Recruits like him. Parents like him. That's what he brings. And if we didn't have that, we'd have nothing at all. So, stay in.

Reaction Score
We are not getting a seat at the P5 table no way no how as long as football drives the bus. It's over. The laughingstock that this football program is killed our chances. The saddest part is that the rest of the athletic department is so strong, probably as strong as ever in school history. Is there any doubt whatsovever that Cincinnati, BYU would get the call ahead of us? Probably Houston too if B12 expands. Just a really dark time, couldn't even enjoy Rutgirls getting waxed yesterday.

OTOH, I'm not sure that 7-5 with a couple of minor bowls would have made any difference anyway. I don't like this, but I have a hard time believing that Delany and company have alerts on their phone for UCONN Football. This will be an issue the next time it comes up (conference realignment, that is) and if we are moving in the right direction we will get all due consideration.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
My advice to the AD is to reach out to every season ticket holder, let them sit wherever they want to sit, no priority points BS. Give a free jersey, helmet, whatever for every four season tickets. Right now there is zero value to being a season ticket holder, and not much more in attending these games. Getting blown out by no name programs and spending 8 hours watching it unfold doesn't scream value or entertainment to me. In 2005 & 2006, when we all knew Dan O was gone and wins were going to be hard to come by we still had hope of winning each game, we knew the names across the field, played every game tough, and won a few we had no business winning, (Hi. Larry Taylor).

Right now there is no emotional payoff in attending these games other than, "I'm a fan and this is my job." That's not nearly enough for anyone who works all week and is looking for some recreation on a fall Saturday. This is not that difficult to put a competitive team on the field, lesser schools do it every year.

This sucks, and the AD needs to work very hard this off season.

Reaction Score
My advice to the AD is to reach out to every season ticket holder, let them sit wherever they want to sit, no priority points BS. Give a free jersey, helmet, whatever for every four season tickets. Right now there is zero value to being a season ticket holder, and not much more in attending these games. Getting blown out by no name programs and spending 8 hours watching it unfold doesn't scream value or entertainment to me. In 2005 & 2006, when we all knew Dan O was gone and wins were going to be hard to come by we still had hope of winning each game, we knew the names across the field, played every game tough, and won a few we had no business winning, (Hi. Larry Taylor).

Right now there is no emotional payoff in attending these games other than, "I'm a fan and this is my job." That's not nearly enough for anyone who works all week and is looking for some recreation on a fall Saturday. This is not that difficult to put a competitive team on the field, lesser schools do it every year.

This sucks, and the AD needs to work very hard this off season.

My comment in that survey was along these lines. They have to add more value to being a season ticket holder.

Reaction Score

This.

It's maddeningly frustrating that the football program, in its darkest time since joining 1-A right during & after CR shuffling, has to carry so much frickin' weight when we have multi-national champion programs for men & women's hoops, and other strong olympic sports teams (women's field hockey team will play for another NC today), strong soccer programs, good baseball team, UConn moving up to Hockey East) plus all the recent financial commitment to building improved training facilities.

Yet here we are in CR purgatory with no light at the end of the tunnel. this.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
OTOH, I'm not sure that 7-5 with a couple of minor bowls would have made any difference anyway. I don't like this, but I have a hard time believing that Delany and company have alerts on their phone for UCONN Football. This will be an issue the next time it comes up (conference realignment, that is) and if we are moving in the right direction we will get all due consideration.

Would have made a HUGE difference. A bowl game this season would have launched the Diaco era. Now we are reliving the last PP year with no hope of him being fired next year. I have no idea what BD is doing, unless there is a massive turnover and improvement of players, next season won't be any better. I saw about 5 guys on the field last night that looked like they belonged and two of them are graduating. That leaves Thomas, JH Williams, and Adams. That's it, that's the list.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The cold, hard reality to me at least is that the Big12 is due to expand and Cincinnati and UCF are way too logical for the next in line.

When that happens, just forget about and blow the whole thing up.

Not in my wildest fears did I think things would be this bad. To think 4 seasons ago we were coming off a Big East football, Big East basketball championship combo and a basketball national title and realignment hits that fall. If we didn't get picked then, how do we get out now.

We simply must get out to recruit and survive but it's just not happening.

Extremely sad to come to grips with the above and to know I'm likely done with season tickets until if/when I move back to ct. I just can't justify giving up 6/7 full weekends anymore for this garbage.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
You're not going anywhere! As soon as they start winning again in the next year or so and spring an upset or two, you'll be back on the bandwagon. And you'll call yourself a fan, a long time season ticket holder, but we'll all know what you are...

I guess you couldn't have been a Red Sox fan over the past hundred years...only the last few where they've actually won something.

Reaction Score

This. The rest of our coaches and teams have done a great job this year. I enjoy the sports across the board from hoops to hockey, soccer to track. It is beyond sad to put those programs at risk. There are teams better than us that have tried every trick in the book to win a game and it shows with the attitude of the team. We're scared to run out a kickoff 1 yard into the end zone down 30 late! I don't understand what the heck we are doing on any level beyond nutrition and fitness. And I doubt the players do either. Wait until the season ends and they have even more time to digest it.

Reaction Score
Would have made a HUGE difference. A bowl game this season would have launched the Diaco era. Now we are reliving the last PP year with no hope of him being fired next year. I have no idea what BD is doing, unless there is a massive turnover and improvement of players, next season won't be any better. I saw about 5 guys on the field last night that looked like they belonged and two of them are graduating. That leaves Thomas, JH Williams, and Adams. That's it, that's the list.

So they are making a decision on conference realignment this January? If so, then MAYBE you are right.

From everything that I've read, it may be 2-3-4 years down the road before it ever even comes up again. And if is solely about football, Cincy will win, just like Louisville won. More history, more success. If it is about anything else, we will win.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
To add to the season ticket holder survey I wrote something along the lines of:

I've has season tickets for ten years.

I realize as far as the AD/ticketing goes the conference and product on the field is somewhat out of their hands.

That being said, why should I pay more to see worse competition, a bad uconn team, when I can simply buy tickets to every game in the lot for half the price?

For me I'm youngish and don't have a wife or kids or mortgage to pay as I assume many if you do, but at some point it's not about the money.

I know it sounds extremely petty but I saw that people who had rent seats from day 1 got a pin which is cool, some acknowledgment, you would think me having ten years would get maybe a lousy email - anything.

There's literaly no incentive whatsoever aside from feeling guilty from not supporting the team. When you start to lose the die hard lunatics on here, that's a serious f'ng problems.

Reaction Score
Just ing brutal. Done. Done. Done. Next years home schedule is brutal and this team is gutless and leaderless. I'm out. Love all the crazies here on the yard but I'm out. Two weeks to prepare for this and we get an absolute abomination. Sorry all. Out

I'm buying season tickets for the 2015 season. There's no place to go but up and UConn will improve.

I will admit though that last night was so bad (and I was there) it was almost surreal. When the opponent puts in his second and third string on your home field - you've reached the bottom.

I'm still thinking long term and we will get better.

Reaction Score
You're not going anywhere! As soon as they start winning again in the next year or so and spring an upset or two, you'll be back on the bandwagon. And you'll call yourself a fan, a long time season ticket holder, but we'll all know what you are...

I guess you couldn't have been a Red Sox fan over the past hundred years...only the last few where they've actually won something.
I wish people would stop with this crap. None of us are going to stop being UConn fans. Most fans of any team don't have season tickets. This program isn't simply entitled to our money year after year.

As of right now, I'm not renewing. We'll see if the hope of a new season and a clean start is enough to change my mind next fall.

Reaction Score
Last night we left at halftime, I could not take it anymore. Our group of 8 has had season tickets since Memorial Stadium, we would pride ourselves for staying the whole game. Last night was the first time we left early. At first I felt guilty for leaving, but I realized that this coaching staff and team has let the fan's down.

Diaco needs to stop blaming others and be a MAN take is EGO aside and take the blame for this mess.

I know we will be back next year, we have too much invested in this team and I know in time, better days are coming. Some day we will look back and say remember when we sucked so bad...I was there.

Reaction Score
If that's how you really feel, then please stop with all the pontificating during the pre-season, all the rah rah, the multi-paragraph avalanches of free-flow musings about fighting spirit and all that. I'm in on Diacco and this team because at this point, we need blind, knee-jerk positivity to fuel our revival. That's all we've got. We don't have the Big East, we don't have the BCS, we don't have anything to promise anyone. All we have can have at this point is unfettered, unqualified belief. That's what Diacco brings. Recruits like him. Parents like him. That's what he brings. And if we didn't have that, we'd have nothing at all. So, stay in.
I like this post, but Diaco talks out of both sides of his mouth and that is part of what is driving people off the ledge. His constant the players suck theme has soured me on him some.

Reaction Score
It doesn't get any darker. HCBD really looks lame, and his UVA assistants blow, its UVA - one of the worst D1 FB programs over the last 8 years. Time for HCBD to realize he needs his George Blaney in a similar role, and be man enough to listen and learn. I do not think the talent gap can be as large as the onfield performance has indicated. Yes at QB we need help, but the team performance has been lacking. The OC can't amend his game plan to deal with our QB situation?

Would of, could of, should of, and no one has mentioned TJW. At least TJ gave us hope.

Last question is Diggs playing or RS?

Reaction Score
This has to be the bottom....if not even I will lose faith. My group has held season tickets since 1999. It ballooned to a group of 21 at it's peak (BCS year). Over the last four years I have lost 7.....and worst thing is the remaining group are the real diehards and many have not bothered to show up the last two games. Weather did not help as some of these guys say "at least we have the tailgate" and then expect us to get blown out. I agree with many here, no way I can blame anyone if they decide to skip season tickets.....I hope they don't but I can't get mad at their personal decision.

I will be there next year. I do think my group will lose 4-6 more after this debacle. I think some would come back with an improved product, but it might take years for them to commit to season tix again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom