12-person, 13-person or 14-person travel squad? | The Boneyard

12-person, 13-person or 14-person travel squad?

Reaction Score
Will Aubrey and/or Saylor travel with the team to the Bahamas?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
See no reason why everyone but Poffenbarger wouldn't go. ??

(Personally, I would have waited til after the Bahamas to hit the transfer portal. :cool:)
Maybe she’s afraid of dolphins?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
If I knew I was leaving the program, I would need to mentally separate myself from the team ASAP. Envy and other feelings would get in the way of enjoying the trip.
Beyond that, she needed to get in the transfer portal so that other schools could make contact with her and possibly arrange for her to transfer there for the second semester of this year. Losing three to four weeks would not help with getting that done.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Beyond that, she needed to get in the transfer portal so that other schools could make contact with her and possibly arrange for her to transfer there for the second semester of this year. Losing three to four weeks would not help with getting that done.
True, but after this semester Saylor will have completed her Freshman year. So she would actually be starting her Sophomore year.

Reaction Score

(Personally, I would have waited til after the Bahamas to hit the transfer portal. :cool:)

The only reason any of the injured wouldn't travel would be if the travel could aggravate their injury or if they were receiving a treatment that they couldn't receive there.

Reaction Score
True, but after this semester Saylor will have completed her Freshman year. So she would actually be starting her Sophomore year.
Saylor, where ever she ends up, has four years of eligibility remaining, and it probably doesn't make sense to burn one of those years on a half season given her injuries, so she may very well not play again until next fall. As far as her new school is concerned she might as well be an incoming freshman come next summer.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I thought the same thing. I mean she's staying at UConn for the rest of the semester, so why not stay with the team for at least that long and then make your decision?
She made her decision and I suspect it was not a secret. What happened Monday was her decision was announced.

Once the decision is made, it's time to move on from the team you no longer want to be a part of. It's better for everyone.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She made her decision and I suspect it was not a secret. What happened Monday was her decision was announced.

Once the decision is made, it's time to move on from the team you no longer want to be a part of. It's better for everyone.
True, but, you know, a free trip to the Bahamas??? I could of dragged my feet for a couple weeks. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

You’re too old to hit the portal Meyers lol. Too old to hit anything!

Reaction Score
Saylor is no longer with the team and Geno said he expects those injured will be ready to play. We will see.
What is everyone doing to get their games on TV ? Or can they only be streamed via some service? Which service? These could all b e really good, competitive games. Unlike the dreary Big East Conference tilts.

Reaction Score
I thought the same thing. I mean she's staying at UConn for the rest of the semester, so why not stay with the team for at least that long and then make your decision?
When are classes over?

Reaction Score
Never mind.
Looked it up.
Friday, Dec. 10th.
Another 3 weeks.
Had to pull the trigger when she did.
(IMHO)

Reaction Score

Wonder how the years of eligibility work? Since she announced she's transferring now and has not played any minutes, she has 4 years of eligibility when she does transfer.

If she had played some minutes this season (no idea what the minimum is), would she have had only 3 years of eligibility left?

Reaction Score
What is everyone doing to get their games on TV ? Or can they only be streamed via some service? Which service? These could all b e really good, competitive games. Unlike the dreary Big East Conference tilts.
My guess is that there will only be on competitive game, the final.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
If she had played some minutes this season (no idea what the minimum is), would she have had only 3 years of eligibility left?
If she stepped on the floor and was recorded as played (1 min) she would have burned a year of eligibility and would have needed to apply for a waiver to try get it back.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Do the girl's have their own dorm? If so, do you think Saylor moved out of the team dorm? Does anyone know who her roommate was?

Reaction Score
Never mind.
Looked it up.
Friday, Dec. 10th.
Another 3 weeks.
Had to pull the trigger when she did.
(IMHO)

It was a judgment call on her part. But theoretically she could’ve waited until January to announce she was transferring.

Reaction Score
Yes, theoretically.
But the comfort zone of hanging around until January?
I’m guessing “Mom” had the next destination selected at least concurrent with the announcement.
Really do wish the best for Saylor.
Tough to carve out playing time on such a talented team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom