12 Penn vs 5 Texas A&M | The Boneyard

12 Penn vs 5 Texas A&M

Reaction Score
I picked Penn to win.

But the AAC, except for UConn has been a disappointment. Both come up short, though barely. And poor Temple loses on a missed layup at the buzzer. Was rooting for them!

Reaction Score
I picked Penn too, simply because I graduated from there. So, Go Quakers, or Lady Quakers, or whatever you call yourselves!!!!!

Reaction Score
Now a 20-point blow-out! Wow!

Thought Penn might be sneaky good when it took Temple until the closing minutes to finally put them away.

Reaction Score
I picked Penn too, simply because I graduated from there. So, Go Quakers, or Lady Quakers, or whatever you call yourselves!!!!!

Thank you Nan, or whoever, reads much nicer with your edits!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I've at the game live and have been talking about this game on the "remaining Saturday games" thread.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
TAMU needs to send the officials a muffin basket at the end of the game. Horrible call as TAMU player clearly knocked ball out of Penn players hand.

Reaction Score
TAMU needs to send the officials a muffin basket at the end of the game. Horrible call as TAMU player clearly knocked ball out of Penn players hand.

True. Also, the Penn player made a mistake in not going for a ball that she looked like she could have reached before it went out of bounds. I mean, why not go for it?

Penn's going to feel the sting of this quarter for a long time.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think Penn looked up at the scoreboard at the top of the 4th quarter and said, "Oh no, we'll have to play Baylor next?" and just quit. Seriously, Penn ran out of gas. At the end their butts were dragging up and down the floor. That's what a pressure game does to a teams legs.

Reaction Score
Bad ref call, but my alma mater choked big time, historically I guess, or ran out of gas in 4th Qtr. Whatever. Maybe some other year.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Bad ref call, but my alma mater choked big time, historically I guess, in 4th Qtr. Maybe some other year.
I feel for you.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
True. Also, the Penn player made a mistake in not going for a ball that she looked like she could have reached before it went out of bounds. I mean, why not go for it?

Penn's going to feel the sting of this quarter for a long time.
That's what I thought live--you've beaten the press, go down court with it, don't take a chance. But based on the replay down the sideline, I'm not sure she could have gotten it. She was a little off-balance from struggling for the ball.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I think Penn looked up at the scoreboard at the top of the 4th quarter and said, "Oh no, we'll have to play Baylor next?" and just quit.
Baylor? Penn would've played UCLA next.

Penn had no solution for the A&M full court press. A total desperation move by Blair, only because they were so far down. I can't even remember the last time I saw Blair use a full court press.

Penn had turnovers against the press, and even when they didn't, they started missing all the shots they'd been making for three quarters.

Another thing I noticed was that Penn had virtually no bench. I don't remember seeing them substitute at all. Each of their two good bigs, Nwokedi and Stipanovich, picked up their 4th fouls and just stayed on the floor.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Did the officials swallow their whistles down the stretch? You would think that with all the pressing and tight defense A&M used, there would have been some fouls committed which would have sent Penn to the free throw line.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Did the officials swallow their whistles down the stretch? You would think that with all the pressing and tight defense A&M used, there would have been some fouls committed which would have sent Penn to the free throw line.
I was there live and I wasn't seeing obvious missed calls. They did call one foul on Lumpkin on a play that would have been a steal and pick-6 and I wasn't even sure it was a foul. A&M was called for some fouls and that's what gave Penn their only points to speak of down the stretch.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Penn folded like a road map. There has never been a worse collapse, according to TV.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom