11 Huskies in the WNBA | The Boneyard

11 Huskies in the WNBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wonder if they're having as much fun as they did at UCONN.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I wonder if they're having as much fun as they did at UCONN.

I'd say it's a different kind of fun -- I mean, in college there was "pressure" but somebody fed them, warmed them, housed them, trained them, planned a ton of their day.

Now, they're working for a living....

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I hope the rest of the recruiting class of 2015 is paying attention to this. Let's say you're considering where to play for college.

You want to win national championships? Well, UConn has nine, more than any other program, and has contended for seven NCs in a row (by virtue of making the final four), also a record. Every recruiting class starting in 1987 has made the final four. Other than 1995 and 2004, every recruiting class since 1991 has won a national championship.

You want to enjoy a professional basketball career? Well, UConn, has more players in the WNBA than any other program, and UConn alumnae comprised fully half the 2012 Olympic team.

You want to have a good professional career other than basketball? Well, just watch Swin Cash, Kara Wolters, and Meghan Culmo on TV. Look at the various UConn alumnae in coaching positions. And consider that employers around here know how much of an effort it is to play at UConn for four years. Having done so carries weight. I'd hire a four-year UConn Husky and degree holder in a heartbeat.

The value of playing for UConn is clear and unique. The proof of that value is in the pudding. Seriously, if Geno wants you to come, what exactly would be the reason not to?

Last edited:

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
"All have 5 years of experience or less, or 10-12 years."

A reflection of the "dark years."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"All have 5 years of experience or less, or 10-12 years."

A reflection of the "dark years."
Charde got cut recently. Brit had bad wheels. Ann gave up the game. Barb is not in the WNBA any longer, nor are Ketia or Jess.. Good players all, but not at the level of the other 11.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Not being in the WNBA is not that big a deal, when there is many times more money to be made playing abroad which, I believe, many of these women are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom