1000 for Geno....1500 another number | The Boneyard

1000 for Geno....1500 another number

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I hear that about 1500 tickets are available for the Oklahoma game on Dec. 19 at Mohegan Sun.
If we beat DePaul on Friday that game should provide a fantastic atmosphere for that historical achievement...plus closing in a bit on Tara and Pat.

Geno was thrilled with the crowd for ND....uhh...more importantly... so was Nan...I hope he has the same reaction on the 19th.

Reaction Score
Saw your post and just looked at the Mohegan website. Doesn't look like that many left - all upper level and except for a few singles (one lower) all in the last few rows. Having bought one of those last few rows last year, I will say the view is still pretty good! I like the corners myself. Great place to watch a game. I will be there! :)

Reaction Score
Does anyone know when the next Geno auremma show will be televised??

Reaction Score
Geno was thrilled with the crowd for ND....uhh...more importantly... so was Nan...I hope he has the same reaction on the 19th.
So was UConn, which just sent this out:
Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 2.41.34 PM.png

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It'll be great if the Mohegan Sun can sell out for what looks to be Geno & CD's 1000th win. Unfortunately there won't be a lot of help from the OK Sooners in terms of a marquee matchup, as Sherri Coale's team has fallen into the abyss at 3-5 with 4 straight losses to Oregon, UALR, FL & South Dakota. Not sure what's going on in Norman, but clearly the Sooners have a problem.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I hear that about 1500 tickets are available for the Oklahoma game on Dec. 19 at Mohegan Sun.
If we beat DePaul on Friday that game should provide a fantastic atmosphere for that historical achievement...plus closing in a bit on Tara and Pat.

1,000 wins is a milestone for any coach, and will put Auriemma in rare company with three other great college basketball coaches. This should not be taken lightly, or treated as "just another game". He's won more championships than any other college basketball coach, he's won every award a college basketball coach can win, he's in the Naismith Hall of Fame, what's left? THIS is it!! The last hurdle. After this, the only left in front of him will be the finish line, and maybe a statue of him placed outside of Gampel Pavilion.

An observation from afar -

1. If UConn defeats Oklahoma (3-5) it will be a milestone win. Oklahoma just lost to mid-major South Dakota State (7-2) 67-61 yesterday (Dec 6), and to tiny low mid-major UA-Little Rock (3-4) by 12, both on the road. If the Sooners can't beat a mid-major in two tries, how do they expect to beat #1 UConn? UConn should win this game easily.

2. Everyone of Geno's former players that can make it, should be in attendance that night to show their support and appreciation to him & CD. I would not be surprised if some of his close coaching friends and associates were in attendance as well.

3. Commemorative tee-shirts (or some other novelty) should be given to every person in attendance that night. The entire evening should have a festive and celebratory type atmosphere. This event will provide the folks in the operations department at the Mohegan Sun Arena & the UConn Athletic Department to show off their talent, skills and creativity. The team will have 10 days off between games (semester study/finals Dec 9-18). Plenty of time for them to plan and implement something memorable.

4. This will be another "golden opportunity" for UConn to host and show off their women's basketball program in front of a capacity crowd and to any potential UConn recruit(s) that may attend. Allow them to be as much a part of the celebration that is allowed by the NCAA.

5. The game will be on NATIONAL television (Fox Sports 1), so the entire country will be able to witness this memorable occasion.

6. If you are a local, and you missed the Notre Dame game (or if you didn't), THIS is a game you don't want to miss. Geno won't make 2,000. This is an iconic history making game. You'll want to be able to tell everyone "I was there the night Geno won his 1000th game".

If you support Geno and the program, and you suffer from Husky fever, you should be there, no matter how many hoops you have to jump through, the amount of traffic you have to deal with, or how inconvenient it may be. This is a once in a lifetime event.

7. To all of you lucky folks that have tickets and plan to attend, enjoy the game. I wish I could join you. I will be there in spirit. If everything goes right, this game should become another "instant classic". :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Thank u!

I think the show should be done weekly. It's just too good
They've been cutting it back each season. My guess is because more and more of UConn's out of conference schedule is picked up by ESPN or CBS so very few early games are on SNY any more.

Reaction Score
They've been cutting it back each season. My guess is because more and more of UConn's out of conference schedule is picked up by ESPN or CBS so very few early games are on SNY any more.
Good point

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I looked at the arena seating chart and there are now only about 500-600 seats left, mostly in the upper end zones. Those are the cheap seats ranging from $24-$32. Upper bowl seats in July were $19. Today they are twice that. Not bad for a non tournament WCBB game.

Reaction Score
I wish this one was at Gampel so they could have a little celebration afterwards instead of playing on a technically neutral court.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

If it isn't a sellout then he will have been disrespected. Fill the place to the rafters! Of course Maya was disrespected in her last home game.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
"Fill the place to the rafters!"

What section are you in? :rolleyes:

Mohegan Sun is not a neutral court. It will be filled with UConn fans. If UConn wins the game then I'm sure there will be some post game recognition on the court. Unfortunately, since this is not a SNY game it will not be televised.

Reaction Score

Mohegan Sun is not a neutral court. It will be filled with UConn fans. If UConn wins the game then I'm sure there will be some post game recognition on the court. Unfortunately, since this is not a SNY game it will not be televised.
I believe the NCAA considers this neither a home nor a road game. Yes it's being played right down the road from campus, but I think it's just beyond (30 miles) what the NCAA will define as a home game. A loss would not snap the home or road game streaks just like the Miss St loss did not. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

It will be televised live on Fox Sports 1

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom