100 schollies, 5-year bowl ban, 50 million bucks. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

100 schollies, 5-year bowl ban, 50 million bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
TV appearances?

Thou must not anger the TV. No change but it is unlikely you'll see more than a token appearance on anything other than the B1G network. The team won't be very good.

Definitely no GameDay or primetime slots. The White House will be closed for sometime, until ESPN needs a good PSU is back resurrection story.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
These are devastating penalties. This is a 4 year (minimum) crippling of the program + 60 million + all the money from lost gate receipts that will occur from having a poor product + a cleansing of Penn State's historical accomplishments. I actually feel bad for the fans of the program.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
And now the floodgates open. Top recruit Greg Webb switches to UNC. I hope other programs are gonna be as accomidating to other kids.

This is where we will see the true impact of this penalty. If a lot of kids bail then it will take awhile to rebound. If a lot ride it out then it's not as tough

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Thou must not anger the TV. No change but it is unlikely you'll see more than a token appearance on anything other than the B1G network. The team won't be very good.

Definitely no GameDay or primetime slots. The White House will be closed for sometime, until ESPN needs a good PSU is back resurrection story.

Agreed, and I'm not sure the NCAA can do tv bans anymore. That is almost totally controlled by the conferences. It will be a few years before you see Penn State on ESPN/ABC. Does this become effective for the upcoming season? Seems pretty late to impact recruits already on campus...though some might leave anyway. Same with upper classmen.

Reaction Score
I have to say Im uncomfortable with Joe P being stripped of all those wins. The money is debateable but totally onboard with the rest.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Agreed, and I'm not sure the NCAA can do tv bans anymore. That is almost totally controlled by the conferences. It will be a few years before you see Penn State on ESPN/ABC. Does this become effective for the upcoming season? Seems pretty late to impact recruits already on campus...though some might leave anyway. Same with upper classmen.

Any incoming frosh can leave and take his RS year. The NCAA gave license for.every player to leave. If not for the late date, they might not be able to field a team.

Reaction Score
These are devastating penalties. This is a 4 year (minimum) crippling of the program + 60 million + all the money from lost gate receipts that will occur from having a poor product + a cleansing of Penn State's historical accomplishments. I actually feel bad for the fans of the program.
And I thought it was just me! It will take an additional 4yrs just to rebuild this thing. . .so we're really looking at 8yrs to recover from this. Devastating! Every School and athletic program was just put on notice. . . "do the right thing".

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
With these sanctions, Penn State football is now essentially an FCS program.

Unreal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul