Men - #10 UConn @ Villanova Wildcats (Sat. 4/29/23 Doubleheader starting @1130 & Sun. 4/30/23 *Cancelled*. Games on FloSports & Mixlr | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Men #10 UConn @ Villanova Wildcats (Sat. 4/29/23 Doubleheader starting @1130 & Sun. 4/30/23 *Cancelled*. Games on FloSports & Mixlr

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1682877939974.png

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

I'm guessing one reason Coach Penders wanted to play these games despite the RPI repercussions is that the only way he is going to see players improve over the course of the season is to get playing time. This would be especially true of T.C. Simmons, who just returned from an injury, and for that matter, Maddix Dalena who played quite well in yesterday's doubleheader. It is also true for a pitching staff that has been showing some improvement in recent weeks after struggling along for goodly portion of the season.

Also, UConn doesn't play again until next Friday, so if UConn had not played yesterday, it would have been about a week and a half without playing any games.

Reaction Score

This is, of course, crazy. That your RPI falls for winning is a problem with the RPI. UConn would probably be better off hoping for rain every weekend for the rest of the season.

The 2nd problem, of course, is the NOOB. Awful baseball league. In a perfect world maybe the Johnnies or Butler drop baseball to get below the 6 team minimum and that allows UConn to find a home for baseball that actually cares.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
This is, of course, crazy. That your RPI falls for winning is a problem with the RPI. UConn would probably be better off hoping for rain every weekend for the rest of the season.

The 2nd problem, of course, is the NOOB. Awful baseball league. In a perfect world maybe the Johnnies or Butler drop baseball to get below the 6 team minimum and that allows UConn to find a home for baseball that actually cares.

I do miss playing Houston (who was probably the closest we’ve ever had to being a rival) and ECU. However, funnily enough the AAC hasn’t been much better. USF, Tulane, Memphis, and Cincy would all struggle to finish in the top 4 of the Big East. UH and UCF are big 12 bound.

Baseball is thriving now but I would love to see us recruit with a power conference label one day.

Reaction Score

What happened to St. John's baseball? I don't really follow college baseball, just UConn, but I seem to vaguely recall that both St. John's and Seton Hall were regional "powers" in the days of the old Big East-is my mind playing tricks on me?

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
What happened to St. John's baseball? I don't really follow college baseball, just UConn, but I seem to vaguely recall that both St. John's and Seton Hall were regional "powers" in the days of the old Big East-is my mind playing tricks on me?

I wouldn’t call Seton Hall ever having been a “power” (more of an annoyance much like they are today). However, St. John’s used to be a regional fixture. They have taken a step back the past couple of years - good for our recruiting, bad for our RPI.

Reaction Score

I can't remember his name, but the long time head coach of St. John's baseball retired a few years ago, and the program declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom