10 strengths - 4. Conditioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
John A.

Conditioning

"Dolson said she lost about 12 pounds by pushing away carbohydrates. But she looks much leaner, thanks to a workout regime "

She does look leaner. Early reports are great.

Who else do you think that conditioning will be a factor this year?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well maybe not "conditioning" per se but Doty being a year further from surgery should help.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Other than the gains Dolson has already made in transforming her body, I think this is an unusual year in that conditioning won't be as big of a factor.

Besides Stef, the only two people who stand to play more than 20 mins/game on this team are already highly-conditioned, experienced players capable of going the full 40 mins: Bria and Kelly. I think we will see a heavy rotation at forward with Stewart and Tuck (sometimes Kelly), with Breanna possibly going 20+ mins as we get deeper into the season. (She seems like she is easily well-conditioned enough to give 20 quality minutes for Geno already.) We will also have a lot of rotation at the point with Caroline not likely to exceed 20 mins.

This leaves KML who, depending on her performance, could see 20-25 mins per game. She's saying all the right things and it appears she is mentally tougher this year, which is 1/2 the conditioning battle. And she progressed steadily last year when it came to maintaining intensity on the court. Geno was hard on her but he's especially tough on those with 1st-team AA talent. There were times she was sucking wind out there but not that many as the season wore on. I think conditioning will not be a big factor for her this year at 20-25 mins/game.

Barring injury, the rest of the players coming off the bench--Banks, Jefferson, Buck, and Stokes--will likely hit 20 mins only when it's a 2nd-half blowout, and at that point there is no real impact to the outcome if there were to get gassed and need a break.

Reaction Score
I think Geno tends to leave in starters sometimes to test their conditioning, preparing them for the playoffs as he does in many ways. But still, with all that talent and assuming that everyone stays healthy, I agree that conditioning won't be as big a factor as it was in, say 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom