#1 Vs #2 | The Boneyard

#1 Vs #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I'm really looking forward to this game even though I cant stand them both. Who you guys got?

Reaction Score
Rooting for LSU, but I think Bama is going to take it.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Haha, probably no secret I am going with LSU. This is the best LSU team in history, and they are pretty loose right now. That's a good sign to me. Lots of people picking against them too. I can't wait for Saturday.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Bama by 9. Trent Richardson seals the Heisman with this one.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Richardson has feasted on lesser teams. He only had 77 yards against Tenn. If he does it against LSU's D, he have earned his spot in NYC though. Should be a great game.

Reaction Score
Richardson has feasted on lesser teams. He only had 77 yards against Tenn. If he does it against LSU's D, he have earned his spot in NYC though. Should be a great game.

not really true...he had a big game against arkansas and theyre a top ten team

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think this is another version of the SEC hype machine. LSU and Alabama are probably the 3rd and 4th best teams in the country, but all we will hear is that they should be allowed to rematch in the national championship game no matter what happens. Boise and Oklahoma State are better than these two, but Boise doesn't have the schedule and Oklahoma State's conference is brutal so they have a tough road to go unbeaten.

The SEC is LSU and Alabama, then a drop to Arkansas, South Carolina and Georgia, then the rest of the league is pretty average or worse. Good league, but not nearly as tough as the Big 12 and about equal to the Big 10.

Reaction Score
Statistically speaking the Tide has an advantage over LSU in almost every category. Add to that the fact that they're playing in Tuscaloosa. I'll have to go with the Tide. Run Trent, Run!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think this is another version of the SEC hype machine. LSU and Alabama are probably the 3rd and 4th best teams in the country, but all we will hear is that they should be allowed to rematch in the national championship game no matter what happens. Boise and Oklahoma State are better than these two, but Boise doesn't have the schedule and Oklahoma State's conference is brutal so they have a tough road to go unbeaten.

The SEC is LSU and Alabama, then a drop to Arkansas, South Carolina and Georgia, then the rest of the league is pretty average or worse. Good league, but not nearly as tough as the Big 12 and about equal to the Big 10.

Having watched all of the above mentioned teams play multiple games except OSU, I'll say you are full of shhiiittt.

Alabama and LSU would win a best of 5 series against any other teams in the country. Do BSU or OSU have a chance to win? Of course. But to say they are both better (which by saying BSU and OSU should be ranked ahead of them, you are saying) is dumb, even by your standards.

As far as the SEC hype machine goes. To the victor goes the spoils and five straight national championships gives them the benefit of the doubt.

Reaction Score
SEC is very top heavy this year, but these are the 2 best teams in the country, even if Bama's offense isn't exactly awe-inspiring. Alabama will score on defense and win 17-14.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
And for the record, unless there's a rash of upsets throughout the nation and every other team has two losses, there's no way I'd support the loser getting a rematch in the BCS championship.

Reaction Score
PSU is undefeated in the Big 10 and was impotent against Alabama. We saw what happened in Saban-bowl last year vs. MSU. The top of the SEC is head and shoulders above the top of the B1G.

Reaction Score
Having watched all of the above mentioned teams play multiple games except OSU, I'll say you are full of shhiiittt.

Alabama and LSU would win a best of 5 series against any other teams in the country. Do BSU or OSU have a chance to win? Of course. But to say they are both better (which by saying BSU and OSU should be ranked ahead of them, you are saying) is dumb, even by your standards.

As far as the SEC hype machine goes. To the victor goes the spoils and five straight national championships gives them the benefit of the doubt.

+1

I've watched a lot of college football this year and these are the 2 best teams I've seen. And if LSU loses a tight game in Tuscaloosa but runs the rest of the table, I would have absolutely no issue with a rematch in New Orleans. LSU would have beaten Oregon on a neutral site and WVU on the road. Add in the SEC schedule and it would be an absolute joke if Boise St played for the title instead of them. If Ok State runs the table that's the only team that would deserve to play for the title other than LSU.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
And for the record, unless there's a rash of upsets throughout the nation and every other team has two losses, there's no way I'd support the loser getting a rematch in the BCS championship.

You'd have no issue with Boise State playing in the BCS championship game over a 1 loss LSU team? I think that would be a travesty.

Reaction Score
LSU is pretty clearly the better team, but the game's being played at Bama, so that evens things out. I still think the Tigers take this one, though.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You'd have no issue with Boise State playing in the BCS championship game over a 1 loss LSU team? I think that would be a travesty.

Travesty or not, if you can't win a division within your conference, you don't get to play for a national championship. Every league and sport has rules that aren't "fair". Red Sox/Yanks in 1978- only one team made it to the playoffs, NCAA bball tournament gives automatic berths to conference champions who clearly aren't one of the top 68 teams. Michigan/OSU a few years ago. Etc., etc.

Part of what makes this game (and college football in general) is that it's essentially a playoff/elimination game. It's not my preferred method for crowning a champion, but within in the confines of the rules, it's what we have.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
LSU by 6. It's entirely possible that Bama loses @ Auburn at the end of the year. LSU's schedule is staggering in difficulty, with Arkansas still to come. I Ok St. hasn't played nearly the schedule, and has K-State this week and OU to end the year. I think OU is the better team and beats them. At this point, I think Stanford will handle Oregon at home and play LSU in the title game.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
not really true...he had a big game against arkansas and theyre a top ten team

Their defense is a joke. He's really good. I am not trying to deny that. I just think LSU's back (Ware) is as good. He may not have the numbers that TR has because he shares carries more, but he's a beast as well. Not that it matters. This game will be won by the team the can win field position, control the clock, and make the fewest mistakes (turnovers).

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Great win for the Huskies today. Now, the #6 (Jazz) shirt is off, and the LSU uniform on. I am more excited than I've ever been about anything. Geaux Tigahs!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom