#1 vs #1 | The Boneyard

#1 vs #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone know the last time that has happened? Has to be pretty rare since it's not very common for the AP and Coaches polls to disagree on #1. And then for the two teams to meet during the split verdict? Gotta be really unusual.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize that this happened this week. I thought we were #1 in both polls. It will be a great game and I'm glad I will be in attendance repping UConn!!!!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Suebird10fan - it may well be the first time it has ever happened. Mel Greenberg or one of the horde should research it. The polls have different histories, and pretty much everyone references the AP as the standard in articles, but I cannot think of another time in my memory that it would have happened.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
ONEVTWO.jpg

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
There's just a little irony here. It's all decided in the game/on the court one way or another, Hopefully, that one way is decided by a UConn victory. Fingers- and all other relevant appendages- crossed!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The coaches poll is much less respected. Several years ago there was a lot of controversy because Temple kept getting voted into the top 25 in the coaches poll on the men's side after they had lost something like 3 or 4 games in a row during a few week span. It came out that a number of coaches don't bother filling out their own picks each week, but assign a grad assistant or somebody else to do it for them. Pressed for time, some of these so-called "voters" admitted they didn't take into account recent games, which is why Temple kept getting rubber stamped in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom