+1 for Andrea Adelson | The Boneyard

+1 for Andrea Adelson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/32766/big-east-must-begin-to-sell-itself

I expect that the big east conference, is going to do exactly what Ms. Adelson writes about.

I hope she doesn't end up with egg on her face when the production side of the company gets a good look at what the reporting side of the company has written!!

Good luck Andrea.

Nice article.

For the last few days you've been telling us not to believe anything written on ESPN regarding the Big East. Can you please give us a list of Spackler Approved columns to avoid further confusion? ;)

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
For the last few days you've been telling us not to believe anything written on ESPN regarding the Big East. Can you please give us a list of Spackler Approved columns to avoid further confusion? ;)

No Jimmy - anything about the internal workings of the big east that's not directly sourced from either a university president or the commissioner of the league. All the BS that it's out there about the big east - and that includes the athletic directors, they're lower down in the chain of command of this thing as we go into the fall. Boise State is excited about playing football in the big east, and they've got money issues right now with finding a place for other sports while the college landscape is settling. Boise is going to be just fine, and I can't wait for the first time they come to East Hartford. I'm still not sure about how I feel about a Blue field, I'll have to see it in person, and I'm glead we'll be wearing white.

Come on man, I"m just trying to raise the level of the ability of the folks around here to sift through garbage information out there, and there's going to be a lot of it.

Go read this article again, she starts out by paraphrasing from the big east commissioner, about stuff that can be verified, directly sourced and quoted from the guys mouth to your ears, and then goes on to make a pretty decent case for the Big East on it.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
how long until Adrea is 'replaced' as the Big East blogger by ESPN?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hmnn. does ESPN think that it is going to end up with the broadcast rights to the Big East?

Reaction Score
how long until Adrea is 'replaced' as the Big East blogger by ESPN?

I wouldn't sweat it, the majority of what she writes toes the company line. She just took a beating in the BE chat she does so she must have felt inspired to start being a real reporter. We'll see how long it takes to go back to her usual ESPN mantra.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/32766/big-east-must-begin-to-sell-itself

I expect that the big east conference, is going to do exactly what Ms. Adelson writes about.

I hope she doesn't end up with egg on her face when the production side of the company gets a good look at what the reporting side of the company has written!!

Good luck Andrea.the only conferences to send teams with at least three losses to a BCS game multiple times.

"Nobody in the Big East has even attempted to make this case. Or to provide a breakdown of how the Big East has done vs. the ACC in the BCS. It should be an absolute outrage that the Big East is teetering on the brink of being left out of the big BCS money. Why? Going back to the first BCS game in 1999, the ACC is 2-13 all-time; The Big East is 8-6."

Numbers, similar to the above, have been available for four or five years; as have computer ratings that show the BE favorably in relation to the ACC . All have been posted on this or the old site. It has driven me banging-head-against-wall nuts that I've only seen these facts in one other column; also posted on one of the two sites. Unfortunately, these sites are read by rabid and semi-rabid fans; a small percentage of UCONN and college FB fans. The numbers have never been available to the vox populi, as a response to "opinion."

I hope these figures were fed to her (as opposed to being a product her own research), and I really hope this means that the BE has finally chosen not to be the frightened little kid against the school-yard bully.

Reaction Score

Good luck Andrea.

Nice article.

"Nobody in the Big East has even attempted to make this case. Or to provide a breakdown of how the Big East has done vs. the ACC in the BCS. It should be an absolute outrage that the Big East is teetering on the brink of being left out of the big BCS money. Why? Going back to the first BCS game in 1999, the ACC is 2-13 all-time; The Big East is 8-6."

Numbers, similar to the above, have been available for four or five years; as have computer ratings that show the BE favorably in relation to the ACC . All have been posted on this or the old site. It has driven me banging-head-against-wall nuts that I've only seen these facts in one other column; also posted on one of the two sites. Unfortunately, these sites are read by rabid and semi-rabid fans; a small percentage of UCONN and college FB fans. The numbers have never been available to the vox populi, as a response to "opinion."

I hope these figures were fed to her (as opposed to being a product her own research), and I really hope this means that the BE has finally chosen not to be the frightened little kid against the school-yard bully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom