1-3 in the next 4 games and we'd still be in a great position | The Boneyard

1-3 in the next 4 games and we'd still be in a great position

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I'm sure people don't want to read this but if we win 1 of the next 4 games we could still be on track for a solid season. We have 3 road games, 2 against ranked opponents on the road. I am sure this place will turn quickly if we end up going 1-3 with one being a real stinker, but we are where we are right now. Three wins under our belt with USF, Tulane and 4 more shots at a W is as much as any of us can ask for. This season will require plenty of patience.

Reaction Score
This is a very reasonable forum. Everyone is a realist and if we go 1-3, I don't foresee any issues here....

But in all seriousness, I agree with you to an extent. It matters a lot more to me how we lose than how many we lose. If we look lifeless in 3 losses, then I'd be concerned. If we hang in with there with everybody and end up losing 3, I'm totally okay with that.

I also think there's a good chance we get a win in the #ConFLiCT and end up 2-2, but that's a ways away. One at a time.

Reaction Score
I don't want to go 1-3 over the next four, but you're right: Most of us would have been thrilled with 6-6 at the start of the season, and based on your plan, we'd get there.

Reaction Score
Please allow me to be irrational, fanatical, and blind. It's the same feeling I get when I buy a lottery ticket. I know the odds are long and most likely, I lose and go back to my job, but for a few brief hours, I CAN DREAM! So with that said, I'm looking for an undefeated season, American Conference chanpions, bowl bid, top ten ranking, with a probable P5 invite. I'm being realistic, I don't think we will win the national championship.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Please allow me to be irrational, fanatical, and blind. It's the same feeling I get when I buy a lottery ticket. I know the odds are long and most likely, I lose and go back to my job, but for a few brief hours, I CAN DREAM! So with that said, I'm looking for an undefeated season, American Conference chanpions, bowl bid, top ten ranking, with a probable P5 invite. I'm being realistic, I don't think we will win the national championship.
Hah, I agree that it's fun to dream. We have had some pretty incredible moments in UConn football - then 2007 turnaround, win over ND, bowl win over SC, late season surge to win the BE in 2010. I love the UConnDan undefeated prediction, it's what's in all of our hearts. I am enjoying 2-0. I will be cashing in my chips with the wife if we get to a bowl game at 6-6, I don't care who or where we play. It's okay to want to win, just temper the disappointment in a rebuilding year. Cheers.

Reaction Score
While I agree with the OP, I posted something similar previously. I'm hoping we can steel one of the next three and go into the final seven games needing three. I don't think UCF is all that, while Temple and Houston are probably two of the best teams on a tough schedule.

Reaction Score
The alternative to the 1-3 is probably 0-4 so yes sign me up for 3-3 after 6 games.

Half way through the season hopefully means progress and then we have a shot to beat 3 teams the rest of the way.

Hope is the key word here.

Reaction Score
I really, really hate talking about more than the next game. And if we want to go bowling, 3-3 still will require a significant upset somewhere to get to 6-6.

But would I take 1-3 and good football over the next 4 games? Yup.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Biz is on it.. 10 more chances to go 1-0; only one game this week.

Reaction Score
If UConn hadn't shot themselves in the foot a few times over the last couple games they would have won by a lot more in each. If they can put in a solid effort without the dumb dumb penalties they might be able to hang with Mizzou long enough into the game to build confidence in themselves and doubt in the Tigers.

Reaction Score
So I'm reading this thread of optimistic pessimism. All the while visions are dancing in my head about a game in South Bend, Indiana a few years back. Down by 14 at the half. A kickoff return for a TD to cut the score in half & silence the crowd. A linebacker sticks a ball carrier at the goal line so hard that the carrier's helmet goes flying. An NFL bound receiver seemingly on his way for a touchdown, drops the football, & UConn recovers it.

Before the season started a 6-6 season was all that most UConn fans hoped for to show improvement in the program.That bar has now been reset.
You are hoping for 1-3. I dream of better results. DARE TO DREAM!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I can't believe people are conceding the Civil ConFLiCT. We suffered last season so we wouldn't have to do that. I'm expecting 2-2 min. I want 3-1, all we need to do is defend the hail mary. 4-0 if we win this week.

It's like a shelter for abused animals around here. How about a little irrational exuberance while we're still undefeated. Do we need a remedial fan seminar?

Reaction Score
I just don't want our young guys, and they're almost all very young, soiling themselves and shooting themselves in the feet just because we're on the road in the SEC against a top 25 team.

We're UCONN dammnit. We win championships. Play like it.

Be to have. An old phrase - the opposite of have to be. Be to have. Be a great team in our minds, to have a great day and win.

Coach D's preparation plan for the team? I'm becoming a believer.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping for 2-2 over the next 4, but 1-3 perhaps is more realistic, and as a worse case scenario 0-4 is possible.

At 3-3 going down the home stretch, getting to six wins will be tough. I don't see us beating Houston, ECU, Cincinnati, or Temple.

I fear a 4-8 season is very much in the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom