►Fed up . . . with Robinson Canoe ? | The Boneyard

►Fed up . . . with Robinson Canoe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDos

Skimmer
Reaction Score
► I am fed up with Robnson Canoe. When you have to tell kids "don't play like that guy plays" it is a disgrace. He didn't slide at second base the other day -- he NEVER -- runs hard to first base, and sometimes he looks bored and asleep at his position. I don't care how many home runs he hits.

►I Cannot remember a more lazy player. You??

179791d1265345395-old-classic-painted-ballparks-variations-yankee-stad-paint.jpg

Reaction Score
He is certainly one of the more "nonchalant" players in the league and assumes every ground ball is an easy out........doesn't he?? He and Papi both prefer not to hustle to 1st on routine plays and it sucks you have to ask your youngsters to turn the other way when these guys could be potential "heroes"!!......crazy thing is they're not the only ones.......it's not the same!!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
► I am fed up with Robnson Canoe. When you have to tell kids "don't play like that guy plays" it is a disgrace. He didn't slide at second base the other day -- he NEVER -- runs hard to first base, and sometimes he looks bored and asleep at his position. I don't care how many home runs he hits.

►I Cannot remember a more lazy player. You??

179791d1265345395-old-classic-painted-ballparks-variations-yankee-stad-paint.jpg

I'll bet you just want to "paddle" this 'Canoe' guy, huh?

Reaction Score
Second in all of baseball in WAR. This guy blows.

Reaction Score
Second 2nd baseman in history with two straight 80+ extra base hit seasons. The other guy is some chump named Rogers Hornsby. When can the Yanks rid themselves of this bum?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Looks disinterested sometimes. But I don't think he's lazy, I just think he's nonchalant and makes things look crazy easy. Carlos Beltran was (is) the same way minus the disinterested look.

Reaction Score
Uh, what he's doing to a baseball right now is down right criminal! Baseball should get a restraining order to keep him away!

DrDos

Skimmer
Reaction Score
Second 2nd baseman in history with two straight 80+ extra base hit seasons. The other guy is some chump named Rogers Hornsby. When can the Yanks rid themselves of this bum?

- Let me ask you a question. If you were teaching kids about the noble sport -- would you not say to them that the way he acts is the wrong way to play the game?

- Hustle does not take effort -- it does not take brains -- it takes character!

- Now Jeter is the whole package!

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
- 2nd in WAR (9th defensively)
- 9th in BA
- 7th in OBP
- 6th in Slugging
- 3rd in Doubles
- 2nd in Fielding % (27th all-time)
- 1st in Range Factor at 2B

If I'm teaching my kid about baseball -- I am absolutely NOT telling them to model any part of their game after Robinson Canoe (sic).

DrDos

Skimmer
Reaction Score
- 2nd in WAR (9th defensively)
- 9th in BA
- 7th in OBP
- 6th in Slugging
- 3rd in Doubles
- 2nd in Fielding % (27th all-time)
- 1st in Range Factor at 2B

If I'm teaching my kid about baseball -- I am absolutely NOT telling them to model any part of their game after Robinson Canoe (sic).

► You obviously did not read my post. Have you ever coached? Work ethic and hustle have a direct translation to everyday life and life success. Talent is God given -- hustle and effort are the product of character.
It was this dimension - the only this one that I was discussing. And yes - real coaches who have young players tell their charges not to be lazy and slothful as Cano. This is a fact! Cano's failure to slide into second base is the worst incident I have ever seen in a game. You tell me -- why didn't he slide? (Well, it was only preliminary playoffs. Perhaps he will hustle if the Bombers go to the world series)

► Reporters once asked JoeDimagio why he played so hard at the end of a season in meaningless games. He said he did this because there might be a kid watching who never saw him play before -- and he wanted to do it the right way.

Sent from my HAL9000 supercomputer using machine code:

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
► You obviously did not read my post. Have you ever coached? Work ethic and hustle have a direct translation to everyday life and life success. Talent is God given -- hustle and effort are the product of character.
It was this dimension - the only this one that I was discussing. And yes - real coaches who have young players tell their charges not to be lazy and slothful as Cano. This is a fact! Cano's failure to slide into second base is the worst incident I have ever seen in a game. You tell me -- why didn't he slide? (Well, it was only preliminary playoffs. Perhaps he will hustle if the Bombers go to the world series)

► Reporters once asked JoeDimagio why he played so hard at the end of a season in meaningless games. He said he did this because there might be a kid watching who never saw him play before -- and he wanted to do it the right way.

I don't buy it ... you don't get to where Robinson Canoe (sic) is on talent alone. Are his life successes, which you so duly noted are a result of work ethic and hustle, merely God given?

There has to be a correlation between those statistics I posted, particularly the ones that seem to require "hustle" (see doubles, fielding %, and range factor), and hustle/work ethic.

One instance of not sliding (really?) can't seriously constitute the blanket statements you're making.

DrDos

Skimmer
Reaction Score
I don't buy it ... you don't get to where Robinson Canoe (sic) is on talent alone. Are his life successes, which you so duly noted are a result of work ethic and hustle, merely God given?

There has to be a correlation between those statistics I posted, particularly the ones that seem to require "hustle" (see doubles, fielding %, and range factor), and hustle/work ethic.

One instance of not sliding (really?) can't seriously constitute the blanket statements you're making.

Get it done...

► This was only the worst example -- in the playoffs. Fans, announcers and others have lamented the fact that he does
not run out ground balls -- for years!

► I wonder what Billy Martin would have told him.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
► I wonder what Billy Martin would have told him.

Ah, now there's an example for our kids! An alcoholic, adulterous man with anger issues! Bring back the good ole' days right?

Side note: do you really type "Sent from my HAL computer" in a different font every time you post?

DrDos

Skimmer
Reaction Score
Ah, now there's an example for our kids! An alcoholic, adulterous man with anger issues! Bring back the good ole' days right?

Side note: do you really type "Sent from my HAL computer" in a different font every time you post?

la·zy/ˈlāzē/
Adjective:
1. Unwilling to work or use energy: "he was too lazy to cook".
2. Characterized by lack of effort or activity.
Synonyms:
idle - indolent - sluggish - slothful - slack - shiftless
LAZY! [Res Ipsa Loquitur]

pete_rose_webstory.jpg

Reaction Score
I did not like what I saw from Cano on Saturday. That failure to get the throw off to first base for a double play which would have kept the game scoreless was pretty bad. Plus he pulled up twice while running to first. Contrast this with Ichiro, who hustles all the time. I can understand that players sometimes go into slumps but why doesn't he try bunting sometimes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom